Noel Gallagher

Remove this Banner Ad

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
just some info for those who care he is holding a press conference wednesday to announce details for his upcoming solo album.

rumours circulated a while ago that he did a video shoot in LA for a song called 'the death of you and me'.

i guess we will all find the truth out soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with.

I'm not saying it is his best work but my favourite Noel Gallagher stuff is his vocal work with the Chemical Brothers. I hope it is along those lines but don't expect it to be.

Whatever it is Liam is sure to be quoted somewhere within a week calling it "boring shite" :D

Can't ****ing wait! :)

"Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" out October 17 2011

Tracklisting:

1. Everybody's On The Run
2. Dream On
3. If I Had A Gun...
4. The Death Of You And Me
5. (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
6. AKA... What A Life!
7. Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks
8. AKA... Broken Arrow
9. (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach
10. Stop The Clocks

Second as yet untitled album recorded with Amorhpous Androgynous to be released in 2012

a few demos and soundchecks can be heard of 4 songs a while ago, they sound promising so hopefully they reach their potential on the album.

the second album i am really interested about, could be very great or very bad.

looks like we will get to hear the first single 'the death of you and me' next week as its going to be played on radio in the UK next monday.

cant wait! :D

Death of You and Me is out - go to his official website or search Youtube, the video is up.

It is worth the wait - very similar to the Importance of Being Idle. Good first up single, can't wait for the rest of the album!

Death of You and Me is out - go to his official website or search Youtube, the video is up.

It is worth the wait - very similar to the Importance of Being Idle. Good first up single, can't wait for the rest of the album!

never really a fan of that but i think death of you and me is better, i like the first half but the ending could of been better, the lyrics are some of Noels best i reckon.

promising start and already looking forward to hearing the next single 'if i had a gun' as the soundcheck version i really liked.

next single 'if i had a gun' expected to be played on radio in America in the next few days, has got good reviews with some people saying it has a wonderwall feel to it.

Looking foward to the song and the upcoming album. I lost some interest in Oasis after Dig Out Your Soul, which I found quite underwhelming. However, Noel's first single and some of the glowing reviews he got from the media listening party for the album has built my anticipation.

The album also has outsold Beady Eye's debut album in pre-orders at a ratio of 3 to 1. If this album lives up to the promise then Liam is going to be very pissed as people/media are no doubt going to compare their respective albums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So anyone else heard the new album yet?

Definitely more deliberately out there than Chasing Yesterday if you don’t count the saxophone bits.

Prob my fave track from it.

Yeah can tell he has made an attempt to grow on this album. Makes for a good listen although i feel it doesnt have as many stand out tracks as his last album, chasing yesterday.

Yeah can tell he has made an attempt to grow on this album. Makes for a good listen although i feel it doesnt have as many stand out tracks as his last album, chasing yesterday.

Would of liked a studio version of 'dead in the water'

Noel has copped a little bit of flak for Holy Mountain sounding similar to Ricky Martin's She Bangs. I saw Noel sing this song on The Graham Norton Show. I like Oasis and Noel's songwriting but I found Holy Mountain also felt as though it could lapse into Ça Plane pour Moi, the Plastic Bertrand song from the 70s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back