Roast #noexcuses

Remove this Banner Ad

I am wondering who these people are who though it would be smooth sailing and we'd be given a wide berth to finals? I pretty much expected us to lose (again) to the Saints Round 1 - lucky Riewoldt went down injured or we surely would have. Struggled to put a Carlton side away that will be lucky to win 3 games this season, then the invevitable soft losses to Dangerwood FC and Team Ross ******* Lyon for umpteenth time. Expect this club to disappoint you and you'll be better for it.

Joking right? Where are we at??? We just lost to freo ffs we looked like s**t against carlton.. richmond are playing way better than us. North are playing better.. essendon play some good footy same as goldcoast. We could lose all of them if we play our normal bullshit we trundle out. Delusional alot of you campaigners i swear.. we arent much chop we have holes all over the ground our depth is shite. Believing our own hype after showing nothing hahaha come the **** on should be winning all of those wowzers. Oh but weve beaten richmond last few times yadda yadda total different team this year.. i reckon we win 2 of those with 1 being our normal dumb s**t lose and other 2 looking like s**t.

So if we're as bad as you say then we're stuffed right? Because if we win 2 of that 6 we're headed for a bottom 6 finish....

You sure about that one? ;)

No. Not melting. I feel like we should be doing much better and that I'm sick of hearing year after year, we'll be ok in a couple of years. I expect to win most matches now. I tend to agree with the title of the thread. Sick of excuses, we want results now. And the last three weeks haven't been good enough..

So if we're as bad as you say then we're stuffed right? Because if we win 2 of that 6 we're headed for a bottom 6 finish....

Without Gawn, finishing in the bottom 4-6 is a real possibility tbh. The comp is so even ATM, I only see Carlton and Brisbane as teams who are really struggling. Even then, Carlton pushed us deep into the last, and Brisbane will win a few. Gawn is such a huge loss to us and I don't feel we're playing anywhere near well enough to cover his loss. So yeah, next few weeks will seal our fate. Massive month for the club coming up.

You had us like 9-1 or 8-2 didnt ya? Im being a ******* realist we didnt beat freo or geelong whe we should have what is going to change in the next 5 weeks? Yeah at the start of year i thought we were gonna be alot better but 1 month into the year we havent showed s**t to say we are taking the next step. Still have way too many shite kickers or just dumb campaigners. So yeah could easily finish bottom 6 and i mean Easily.

You had us like 9-1 or 8-2 didnt ya? Im being a ******* realist we didnt beat freo or geelong whe we should have what is going to change in the next 5 weeks? Yeah at the start of year i thought we were gonna be alot better but 1 month into the year we havent showed s**t to say we are taking the next step. Still have way too many shite kickers or just dumb campaigners. So yeah could easily finish bottom 6 and i mean Easily.

I never said 9-1, I said 8-2 best case scenario. Mate you can s**t talk me all you want but how about you make a call as well instead of telling everyone they're wrong whilst sitting on the fence?

Last edited:
Obviously I hope to be wrong, I think all of the more negative posters want to be wrong, but have trouble letting their emotional brains overrule the rational, evidence based brains, which say "no finals". If you are being realistic about where we are at, one ust acknowledge the following

- basically no injuries last year, we won 10 games and dropped a few easy ones
- Have not added any talent of note (maybe Lewis and Hibberd, but that needs to be proven on the field)
- Have lost Gawn, which makes a big diffrence, as mucha s i love Spencer
- We have a lack of leadership, I mean I would say Watts and Spencer showed more leadership than our captains on the weekend
- the teams that finished below as last year have improved markedly (Richmond, Port, Brisbane, etc etc)
- one team that finished above us, hawthorn, appears to be significantly worse (still not sure about Sydney)
- We are playing a game style (high press) that is out of date, energy intensive, and inferior defensively - my personal opinion, that's a step back
from last year
+ on the positive side, if we bother showing up to any of our games for 4 quarters, I do not thing there are any teams that are ungettable

So yeah, realistically, I expect us to finish lower than last year. It's hard for me to see a rationale reason we should be better, except a few more games into our younger players.

There was a thread titled "will we make finals" I said I expected us to regress this year and then make finals next year, I stand by that

I am wondering who these people are who though it would be smooth sailing and we'd be given a wide berth to finals? I pretty much expected us to lose (again) to the Saints Round 1 - lucky Riewoldt went down injured or we surely would have. Struggled to put a Carlton side away that will be lucky to win 3 games this season, then the invevitable soft losses to Dangerwood FC and Team Ross ******* Lyon for umpteenth time. Expect this club to disappoint you and you'll be better for it.

Riewoldt got injured with about 5 minutes to go you peanut. Stop re writing history

I think this week is our test now, it will set the tone for the rest of the year. We roll over against the tigers and I can't see us being any hope of looking better than last year.

We need a very strong 4 quarter performance.

I almost think this thread needs to be shut down. People are getting way too worked up over one extremely shitty quarter.
We seem to have had one shitty quarter every week so far...

I almost think this thread needs to be shut down. People are getting way too worked up over one extremely shitty quarter.

Agreed. I can rage post with the best of them, but the facts are that we were never as good as the hype suggested through the preseason and neither are we as bad as some are suggesting now. We're just a middle of the table team with some potential, but also with some issues.

Making the finals this year was never going to be easy. There always looked to be a log-jam of teams clamoring for a couple of bottom of the 8 spots, and that's become even tougher with the resurgence of Richmond and, yes, I believe Fremantle. Also, Brisbane, Carlton, Gold Coast are looking pretty solid, so while they won't be in that group trying to secure a finals spots, they are certainly not easy-beats for the teams that are.

We overpowered St Kilda; one of the teams we're up against for those finals positions. We ground a win against Carlton who played tough footy. We kicked poorly and made some bad decisions to blow a win against Geelong; a likely top 6 team while they have Danger and Selwood fit. Then we lost the plot in the third and finished dumb against a Fremantle team that actually played well; they did beat the Dogs the week before us as well remember.

It's disappointing and I have some concerns - maybe we're just a stupid team, and the high press was worked out long ago (how to work through it and get over the of it), but we also haven't had a game yet where all our mids, or the wider team for that matter, have played well at once, and we're still 2-2 and not a millions miles from that being 4-0. I expect us to lose against the Tigers this week, but that's not the end of the world because I think they're pretty good now. What matters is how we lose, I guess. We can't keep seeing the same mistakes: the same dumb s**t costing us, the same going missing for a quarter, Jack Viney running around without a role, Tyson, Harmes and others kicking like donkeys.

Oh yeah, and Melksham has to be dropped. ;)

We've fought out every game while carrying two kp players who are years off having the physical attributes/ experience to own their positions while guys like Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Hogan, Salem, Hunt haven't even reached 50 games yet. Some of them haven't even hit 20.

I'm as tired of losing as anyone but we're in the eight with a percentage of over 100; if we hadn't kicked ourselves out of the Geelong game (or lost our AA ruckman before half-time), and then copped a handful of excessive MRP penalties (thanks Carlton!) we'd be 4-0 despite our 10,000 year old game plan and no one would be complaining.

Not sure why people are losing their mind just yet. Let's wait until the bye at least.

Oh yeah, and Melksham has to be dropped. ;)
Biggest concern for me currently is the use of the word journey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've fought out every game while carrying two kp players who are years off having the physical attributes/ experience to own their positions while guys like Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Hogan, Salem, Hunt haven't even reached 50 games yet. Some of them haven't even hit 20.

I'm as tired of losing as anyone but we're in the eight with a percentage of over 100; if we hadn't kicked ourselves out of the Geelong game (or lost our AA ruckman before half-time), and then copped a handful of excessive MRP penalties (thanks Carlton!) we'd be 4-0 despite our 10,000 year old game plan and no one would be complaining.

Not sure why people are losing their mind just yet. Let's wait until the bye at least.

Biggest concern for me currently is the use of the word journey.

Why not have both - Melkshambles is a journeyman

Rooey went down nearing junk time with us well in command, we would not have lost round 1 if he had not gone down

I never said 9-1, I said 8-2 best case scenario. Mate you can s**t talk me all you want but how about you make a call as well instead of telling everyone they're wrong whilst sitting on the fence?
Didnt i make a call by saying we will win 2 of them lose 1 we shouldnt and lose the other 2? Yeah and at the start of the year i thought we should of been 5-1 but to now sit here and say where we are at we should win all 5 is a joke. I also ticked wouldnt make finals. Just saying how it is not sure how ive sat on the fence?

Didnt i make a call by saying we will win 2 of them lose 1 we shouldnt and lose the other 2? Yeah and at the start of the year i thought we should of been 5-1 but to now sit here and say where we are at we should win all 5 is a joke. I also ticked wouldnt make finals. Just saying how it is not sure how ive sat on the fence?

If you did post that my apologies, don't remember seeing it anywhere. I still don't think my opinion is unrealistic at all, I specified the best case scenario. The worst case scenario for us would be not to win a game.

Joking right? Where are we at??? We just lost to freo ffs we looked like s**t against carlton.. richmond are playing way better than us. North are playing better.. essendon play some good footy same as goldcoast. We could lose all of them if we play our normal bullshit we trundle out. Delusional alot of you campaigners i swear.. we arent much chop we have holes all over the ground our depth is shite. Believing our own hype after showing nothing hahaha come the **** on should be winning all of those wowzers. Oh but weve beaten richmond last few times yadda yadda total different team this year.. i reckon we win 2 of those with 1 being our normal dumb s**t lose and other 2 looking like s**t.
Hey why don't you pull your head in and stop howling down everyone with a positive opinion because your a pessimistic ballbag?
In my opinion which I am well and truly entitled, we SHOULD win 5 out of those 6 and if we don't, we won't play finals which was a response to schmuttt comment. I agree we can play some crap football and if that happens and we don't win these ones, we won't make finals because we won't knock off some off the tougher ones later on.
I certainly never though or think we have a smooth sail into finals but if we want to give ourselves any f****** chance then these are the ones we need to lock away.
Now why don't you gagf

Hey why don't you pull your head in and stop howling down everyone with a positive opinion because your a pessimistic ballbag?
In my opinion which I am well and truly entitled, we SHOULD win 5 out of those 6 and if we don't, we won't play finals which was a response to schmuttt comment. I agree we can play some crap football and if that happens and we don't win these ones, we won't make finals because we won't knock off some off the tougher ones later on.
I certainly never though or think we have a smooth sail into finals but if we want to give ourselves any f****** chance then these are the ones we need to lock away.
Now why don't you gagf
Sorry im not a delusional like you thinking we SHOULD win 5 of the next 6 after coming off a lose to freo and losing our best player for 12 weeks. I gave multiple reasons why 'where we are at' is bullshit. Dont worry brother im GAGF tonight but cheers

Last week we were the youngest side and the second-least experienced side. We were missing our AA ruckman, our #1 key forward and key pieces in the middle and back.

Still hope.

Reiwoldt went down with 10 minutes to play and is about seven goals in front...

Riewoldt would've single handedly rucked, got his own tap and ran into 50 for goal, 10 times. Winning the saints the game

Sorry im not a delusional like you thinking we SHOULD win 5 of the next 6 after coming off a lose to freo and losing our best player for 12 weeks. I gave multiple reasons why 'where we are at' is bullshit. Dont worry brother im GAGF tonight but cheers
We should and if we don't we won't/don't deserve to play finals. (The point I was commenting on originally.)
Freo won't be anywhere near as bad as people are suggesting and we weren't s**t we just played a poor quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back