Noise cancelling headphones

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all I'm looking at getting a pair and wondering which pair are the best? What about best value for money? Thanks
I fly a lot for work and bought a pair of Bose full size noise cancelling headphones.
They are very good at cancelling the loud aircraft noise. So much so that you wonder if your ears are getting damaged without them. Audio quality is good but not outstanding.
They cost around $330 a couple of years ago. Find a Bose store and try them out.

Bang and Olufsen also make a pair which I'm sure sound great but they cost double! Depends how fat your wallet is.

Hi all I'm looking at getting a pair and wondering which pair are the best? What about best value for money? Thanks

Bose is generally regarded as having the best active noise cancelling around, but their sound quality is........ well..........

s-7896.jpg

There are alternatives like the Parrot Zik and Plantronics Backbeat Pro, otherwise it's probably worth considering whether you actually need ANC heaphones. You may be better off just investing in some good closed over-ear headphones that provide good isolation, the sound quality will s**t all over the ANC ones and you'll pay half the price.

you need to specify what else you're after in your headphones. things like preference for circumaural vs supra vs earbud or what you wish to use them for.

if money is no object, and you want decent sound quality on top and don't mind on-ear designs, sennheiser's HD25's are excellent. they don't have "noise cancelling" technology specifically, but their sound isolation is superb as they're designed for professional environments (studio, DJing, broadcasting). you'll see them used regularly in tv sports broadcasting, like on channel 7. i have used them in the club and you literally can't hear anything else with them on.

their cons are the price, standard cord is way too short (1m but that could've changed in the last decade), and they're not particularly sexy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back