Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2008
GLENTHOMPSON
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA LAKERS
Starting a thread to get some opinions on who they think will be the Top 10 players in the league for 2008. (Ignore thread heading which says 5).

Obviously it is only early in the season, therefore using past season's form and analyising performances of players from other leagues as your means of assessment is important as well as 'inside' knowledge.

It will be interesting to get people's thoughts and also to test their judgement on nominating talent.

Also nominate a 'Rising Young Star' from your club under 18.

These are my selections but not in order, only grouped as a ten

Frank Matthews -H/M
Brad Sholl - H/M
Todd O'Sullivan - C
Andrew Tucker - T
Jamie Hetherington - H/M
Mitchell Welsh - T
Leigh Bubb - G/D
Mick Kruger - P
John Vanderwaal - M/W
Richard Tucker - T

Rising Star from Rams - Will Collins 16 yrs - Still eligible for U16'S but also plays a key role across half forward in the ones.

Anyway have a go if you like.....it is not about knocking each others opinions/selections but healthy debate is good!

Good Luck!:thumbsu:

Some names that i would put in the top 10 might be:

Frank Matthews - HM
Richard Tucker - T
Andrew Tucker - T
Peter and Dave Jelbart - HM
M. Kruger - P
R. Watson - P
Jahn Night - Lismore
L. Barr - C
Vanderwall - MW

Imsure there are some players i have missed. Jason James would be number 1 but has been struck down by injury.

Rising Star - Andy Maconachie or Luke Fisher

Some names that i would put in the top 10 might be:

Frank Matthews - HM
Richard Tucker - T
Andrew Tucker - T
Peter and Dave Jelbart - HM
M. Kruger - P
R. Watson - P
Jahn Night - Lismore
L. Barr - C
Vanderwall - MW

Imsure there are some players i have missed. Jason James would be number 1 but has been struck down by injury.

Rising Star - Andy Maconachie or Luke Fisher
Yeh shocking news about Jamesy.....and I agree about being number 1....a very fine player.

Murray Habel - H/M is another I missed in my list.

Havn't seen all teams but will have a go. In no particular order.

Matthews H/M
Richard Tucker T
Andy Tucker T
Vanderwall M/W
Sholl H/M
Nick Byrne SMW R
O'Sullivan C
Lachie Barr C
Night Lismore
Kruger P

In no Order

Frank Matthews - Best forward in the comp, Fantastic set of hands, great pack mark and also good when left one out!

Andrew Ward - Oozes Class, Really sets tatyoon up going through the centre, Beautiful long left foot and can also kick goals.

Richard Tucker - Can play any position on the ground, Not affraid to put his body on the line week in and week out, Beautiful Finisher and very cleaver around goals

Brad Sholl - Getting on is age but is still all class, Will have to put a good player on him every week or whill hurt you

Richard King - May not have the class as some onballers, will win the hardball all day and feed Tatyoons running players, Drive starts with him! Never takes a backward step

Big Show (from Rams, can't remember his real name) Power forward that can turn a game when on song, Very strong when left 1 out

Jumbo Jenkins - Getting on in his career has been a fantastic player in his day. Still gets a lot of the footy, Sets the rams up when going forward.

Rising Star - David Astbury Lovely Build for a footballer, classy skills with a great set of hands, will develop nicely, Hope he spends most of his time with the Rebels but look for an impact when returning to Tatyoon

Starting a thread to get some opinions on who they think will be the Top 10 players in the league for 2008. (Ignore thread heading which says 5).

Obviously it is only early in the season, therefore using past season's form and analyising performances of players from other leagues as your means of assessment is important as well as 'inside' knowledge.

It will be interesting to get people's thoughts and also to test their judgement on nominating talent.

Also nominate a 'Rising Young Star' from your club under 18.

These are my selections but not in order, only grouped as a ten

Frank Matthews -H/M
Brad Sholl - H/M
Todd O'Sullivan - C
Andrew Tucker - T
Jamie Hetherington - H/M
Mitchell Welsh - T
Leigh Bubb - G/D
Mick Kruger - P
John Vanderwaal - M/W
Richard Tucker - T

Rising Star from Rams - Will Collins 16 yrs - Still eligible for U16'S but also plays a key role across half forward in the ones.

Anyway have a go if you like.....it is not about knocking each others opinions/selections but healthy debate is good!

Good Luck!:thumbsu:
based on the season so far

H/M - m habel RisingStar j kelson

L/D - j knight RisingStar g Stewart

M/W - c Flower RisingStar- m Peel

G/D - d jenkinson RisingStar- l mcdonald

T - r tucker RisingStar- t.vallance

c- l barr RisingStar- b makepeace

p- d cook RisingStar- b.mckenry

r- robertson RisingStar- l.fisher

wlb- t.ware RisingStar- j.clark

w/m- bouicher RisingStar- ?? do they hav under 18 players playin 1's for them

rising star

michael may L/D

will never be a stand out star but will always be hard at the ball and give his best for the team will always be a solid player

rising star

michael may L/D

will never be a stand out star but will always be hard at the ball and give his best for the team will always be a solid player

A few good young players at The Demons.

Jahn Knight and Hendo would be in the top players.

Interesting that the Demons are 3rd on ladder but only Knight gets a mention.
Again, heaps of Taty players but they on the same points as Lis/Derri at this stage!!!!

A few good young players at The Demons.

Jahn Knight and Hendo would be in the top players.

Interesting that the Demons are 3rd on ladder but only Knight gets a mention.
Again, heaps of Taty players but they on the same points as Lis/Derri at this stage!!!!

Most of us nominated our prospective players in April.....not 2/3rds of the way through the season Noodles!

Where were you then?

Always easier in hindsight......at this stage I would include Jahn for sure & maybe Hendo in the Top 10......Welsh and the injured duo A.Tucker & T.O'Sullivan would go from my selections......would also add Murray Habel & Craig Flower for sure!

And the post is about individuals not teams at all........after all you can have equally placed teams with one having more classier players, while the other team perform more equally as a group!

Most of us nominated our prospective players in April.....not 2/3rds of the way through the season Noodles!

Where were you then?

Always easier in hindsight......at this stage I would include Jahn for sure & maybe Hendo in the Top 10......Welsh and the injured duo A.Tucker & T.O'Sullivan would go from my selections......would also add Murray Habel & Craig Flower for sure!

And the post is about individuals not teams at all........after all you can have equally placed teams with one having more classier players, while the other team perform more equally as a group!

I was watching all you guys bang on about how good Taty were!
They still have classy players, I just appreciate a lil Demons recognition!!

I was watching all you guys bang on about how good Taty were!
They still have classy players, I just appreciate a lil Demons recognition!!
bang on all u want about taty lismore derri did knock them off the 1st ones 2 for a long time and r same points on the ladder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im gunna say.
jahn knight would be top 3 in league easily.
rising star-glen stewart, following his brothers foot steps.
good young locals at l/d this year though, with arron white clint dudman and allan noone all maturing into outstanding senior footballers.
white and noone playing in the 2's, both suffering injuries which put them out of the side.
we can talk who is good all we like, fact is. hawksdale are on fire atm, and if can continue there form the flag is theres

i watched tatty the other week and young Andy Maconachie was pretty handy on the wing and pushing forward with a pretty desent kick i would reckon he would be the rising star. any dif view

i watched tatty the other week and young Andy Maconachie was pretty handy on the wing and pushing forward with a pretty desent kick i would reckon he would be the rising star. any dif view

I agree totally.........quick, good hands, poise in traffic and yes a beautiful long kick.

Would get my vote, but the likes of Brenton McKenry from Penshurst and Luke Fisher from Rovers are very talented too!

I agree totally.........quick, good hands, poise in traffic and yes a beautiful long kick.

Would get my vote, but the likes of Brenton McKenry from Penshurst and Luke Fisher from Rovers are very talented too!

yer havent seen much of them but matt peel from m/w games i watched he looked pretty good to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back