Preview Nominations for Match Preview/Face Offs threads for 2021 (6 more spots to be filled)

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
For those that used to enjoy the Match Preview/Face-off threads written by your fellow forumers, well we have some good news....

WE'RE BRINGING THEM BACK** (**Hopefully !!!!)

This is where you come in, obviously we cant do it unless there's enough interest, so we're throwing it out there for nominations to write a Game Preview/Face Off thead for Season 2021.

We're hoping there will be enough interest that people will only need to write one, but if you're open to doing more then that would be a massive help.

So what do you need to do? Well I'll let Deaneus! explain that (I pinched this from one of his old posts!!!)

It's where YOU, the Poster, write a introduction to the game - who's playing, what's likely to happen, and pepper it with pictures, crazy anecdotes and observations, and all-round love and care to provide your fellow Adelaide posters with what is other wise called "web content".

What do they look like? Go to the search bar and type in "Face off" and click the Thread Titles only, and see for yourself. The only limit is your imagination!

In years gone by they were a massive success and having different people writing them each week helped keep them fresh and made them enjoyable to read. So hopefully they can return in 2021 !!!

If you're keen to contribute just nominate a game you'd like the cover

Round 1 Adelaide VS Geelong (Adelaide Oval) - BACCS
Round 2 Sydney VS Adelaide (SCG) - Drugs Are Bad Mackay
Round 3 Adelaide VS Gold Coast (Adelaide Oval) - Relapse
Round 4 North Melbourne VS Adelaide (Marvel) -Grey Crow
Round 5 Adelaide VS Fremantle (Adelaide Oval) - Coopers
Round 6 Hawthorn VS Adelaide (York Park, Launceston) - Grey Crow
Round 7 Adelaide VS GWS (Adelaide Oval) - Relapse
Round 8 Port VS Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) - NT Rabbit
Round 9 West Coast VS Adelaide (Optus Stadium) - Beartoo
Round 10 Adelaide VS Melbourne (Adelaide Oval) - Pilchard_Adams
Round 11 Richmond VS Adelaide (MCG) - Thylacinous
Round 12 Adelaide VS Collingwood (Adelaide Oval) - Drugs Are Bad Mackay
Round 13 St Kilda VS Adelaide (Cazaly Stadium, Cairns) - Grey Crow
Round 14 BYE
Round 15 Carlton VS Adelaide (Marvel) - Dogs105
Round 16 Adelaide VS Brisbane (AO) - Thylacinous
Round 17 Essendon VS Adelaide (Marvel) - Deaneus!
Round 18 Adelaide VS West Coast (Adelaide Oval)
Round 19 Bulldogs VS Adelaide (Mars Stadium, Ballarat)
Round 20 Adelaide VS Hawthorn (Adelaide Oval)
Round 21 Adelaide VS Port (Adelaide Oval)-
Round 22 Melbourne VS Adelaide (MCG)
Round 23 Adelaide VS North Melbourne (Adelaide Oval) - American Crow

Love from your friendly neighbourhood moderating team Deaneus! Drugs Are Bad Mackay? brucetiki relapse

Last edited:

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if it would be useful this year, especially when potential Covid spikes can make the AFL flip flop on their scheduling of the matches and the number of rounds this year.
Maybe better to pick the round (eg. round 1,2,3,4 etc) for who’s doing what?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Not sure if it would be useful this year, especially when potential Covid spikes can make the AFL flip flop on their scheduling of the matches and the number of rounds this year.
Maybe better to pick the round (eg. round 1,2,3,4 etc) for who’s doing what?

The AFL got through 17 games last year, I'm confident they'll be able to get through 22 this year.

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Because me English very good not speak too much always ice cream, I won’t put my hand up for a face off. But if anyone has an idea for a custom made locally produce GIF that might add a little something something to their thread I’d be happy to make it for them.
Doesn't even have to be from the Simpsons or Seinfeld.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Because me English very good not speak too much always ice cream, I won’t put my hand up for a face off. But if anyone has an idea for a custom made locally produce GIF that might add a little something something to their thread I’d be happy to make it for them.
Doesn't even have to be from the Simpsons or Seinfeld.

I will keep this in mind

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like this is no-goer due to lack of interest

I had missed the thread.

I'll do another one. I have always thought my faceoffs were legendary and that's all that counts.

I don't particularly have a round I want to do. I don't know anything about opposition clubs these days.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I had missed the thread.

I'll do another one. I have always thought my faceoffs were legendary and that's all that counts.

I don't particularly have a round I want to do. I don't know anything about opposition clubs these days.

Maybe there's life in this afterall !!!

Thanks for nominating.

I'll move myself to Round 3 against the Suns

If either of you have a preference let me know otherwise I'll just put in you for Round 4 and 5 respectively.

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? are you still okay to do next week?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Any round is good or many rounds.

I am William Thackeray to Deaneus! Charles Dickens so it won't be a multi thread choose your adventure type but a dry boring and amusing (to me) ramble about the game and opposition

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

I am William Thackeray to Deaneus! Charles Dickens so it won't be a multi thread choose your adventure type but a dry boring and amusing (to me) ramble about the game and opposition

i‘d really love to be Thomas Pynchon actually, or David Foster Wallace, or Philip K Dick

appreciate the Dickens call-out though, that’s very touching, and in a nice non-sexual predator kinda way

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

I have you down for Round 4.

I'm really appreciative of the fact that you're happy to do more than one, hopefully that we can get a few more people involved and share the load a bit so we might have to only do two at the most.

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
i‘d really love to be Thomas Pynchon actually, or David Foster Wallace, or Philip K Dick

appreciate the Dickens call-out though, that’s very touching, and in a nice non-sexual predator kinda way
I wanna be THE ROCK when I grow up.
Or at least learn how to utensil my eyebrow and smell cooking.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Just throwing it out there to those who participated back in 2017 in the hope of drumming up some more interest.

davos44 Hank93 dogs105 Pilchard_Adams beartoo ams4crows Scorpus jaytex NTRabbit SugarShane Glenno23 oriXon I Lost My Keays Thylacinus AmericanCrow

It would be great to have some/all of you back on board for 2021.

If you're keen, let me know a round and I will lock you in.

Thanks

The Adelaide Board Mods

Nobody has more experience encapsulating a lost season than me.

Only fitting for me to do the last week of the season to put a bow on what is likely to be a horrific record

;)

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nobody has more experience encapsulating a lost season than me.

Only fitting for me to do the last week of the season to put a bow on what is likely to be a horrific record

;)

Thanks for volunteering, I've put you down for Round 23 :thumbsu:

Back