Mod. Notice Nominations please for Allefgib's replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with these threads is: it's pretty hard to express an honest view on candidates suitability (or if one were to think that there was a lack thereof) without it coming across as being a jerk / an attack on them, which I think most would be ill inclined to do.
especially if they might become a mod!

You're free of course to PM existing mods with concerns or recommendations.

Honestly, just say what your problem is and how me being made a Mod could affect your time on this board.

If you are made Mod, that means that I won't be made Mod, I'd be so angry I'd stop posting and do something constructive with my time!!

;)

So if Jenny becomes a mod should I then expect a ban whenever I post anything negative about Trigg ?

Looks like I might have to start getting my bags packed !!!!
lol. NO. It doesn't work like that. You get a ban if you break the rules of the board (and I would suspect only after a number of warnings, unless you are really, really naughty). As far as I know, bagging Trigg isn't against the rules... in fact I reckon that's an expectation on this board. ;)

We have had several members of the MOB spend time as Mods (cough....Spackler....cough).

Is it time for one of the Snivelling Sycophants?

lol. NO. It doesn't work like that. You get a ban if you break the rules of the board (and I would suspect only after a number of warnings, unless you are really, really naughty). As far as I know, bagging Trigg isn't against the rules... in fact I reckon that's an expectation on this board. ;)

In reality though this is not often the case. It's rare that someone just comes out and blatantly breaks the rules of the site (and when they do it's easily dealt with). Instead what you get is people deliberately niggling, or subtly trolling over several threads, or various line-ball type calls. It can be difficult to work out what the line is between someone being consistently negative because that's their view, and someone being consistently negative just to be provocative and piss people off. Where is the line where attacking someone for having a viewpoint you disagree with becomes flaming? There's no good black-and-white way of defining any of it.

In reality though this is not often the case. It's rare that someone just comes out and blatantly breaks the rules of the site (and when they do it's easily dealt with). Instead what you get is people deliberately niggling, or subtly trolling over several threads, or various line-ball type calls. It can be difficult to work out what the line is between someone being consistently negative because that's their view, and someone being consistently negative just to be provocative and piss people off. Where is the line where attacking someone for having a viewpoint you disagree with becomes flaming? There's no good black-and-white way of defining any of it.
Yes I imagine it is difficult. I guess Mods bounce off each other a bit too? Seems to me the more provocative and problematic ones are generally the ones that play the man?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when does the decision get made?
Deaneus where is your bloody election banner:D

It's at home on the wall.

Actually it's not so much an election banner as it is a poster of Kate where I scribbled a speech balloon that says "I love you Deaneus"

The idea is the same though

Be careful or I will evict you from your farm
I would liken you more to little Johnny Howard.... I reckon you will eventually become a moderator with such determination... But after how many campaigns? ;)

I vote Slippery Pete, but I reckon moderation would cramp his style.

Who ever gets the jobs.....don't have double standards.

Treat every post the same and judge every post on its merits based on what starts something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back