Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We suck in India because our cricket academies don't focus on dusty wickets. You need to have net sessions that have varied conditions but we don't have the facilities.
also need to teach kids how to play the short ball better, without a helmet.
And spin. We suck at playing good spin bowlers.

And spin. We suck at playing good spin bowlers.

I learnt to play spin against my grandpa (off-spinner). My son will learn to face spin against my bowling (leg-spinner). At least he will do well. Hoping he will be good enough to play in the IPL.
My grand-father-in-law was a good batsmen who played in the sub-continent, so he has good cricket genes.

I only saw the first half but Curry couldn’t make anything, had four or five he’d normally drain go in and out.

Durant picked up the slack, though.

Anthony Davis is the best player on the planet as we speak.
As a Pels fan it's incredibly frustrating. With AD and Boogie, we have two of the league's best big men but have too much cash tied up elsewhere to add another piece.
We win in Boston then lose to Atlanta in 2 days.

Anyone else can’t stand tennis and dread the Australian open because it takes up most of the sport coverage and features heavily in social media?

I think Tennis is fun to play just incredibly boring to watch.

Anyone else can’t stand tennis and dread the Australian open because it takes up most of the sport coverage and features heavily in social media?

Agreed, which can also be said of golf for me.

Although its a game almost entirely devoid of personality, its ok once the Australians are inevitably bundled out in the first week. Its bad enough on their evening news, but the 7 commentary and their sycophantic patriotism is unbearably cringeworthy and usually makes the first week of the tournament nye on unwatchable.

The good news is that like the dire spring racing carnival the moment its over, footy once again commands the medias attention and takes its rightful place in the public discourse.

Don't get me started on golf on tv...

My problem with the Aussie open is the exact same problem I have when the nba finals come around, people who wouldn’t have watched a second of the sport for the rest of the year are all of the sudden experts and make sure their opinion is forced down your throat all day every day.

My problem with the Aussie open is the exact same problem I have when the nba finals come around, people who wouldn’t have watched a second of the sport for the rest of the year are all of the sudden experts and make sure their opinion is forced down your throat all day every day.
Sounds like the NRL to me. Hate when the Storm go deep for that very reason.

While we are at it the Spring racing carnival too. God I hate that time of year. I couldn't care about a horse race in May, so why would I care in November?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that this thing called the Super Bowl is being played in two weeks. Care factor: 0. It would be a 5 if the Bears were playing.:( Maybe next year...
Jags went so close today but deep down I just knew Brady would pull a rabbit out of the hat and he did. Their defence stepped up as well or maybe Jags lost a bit of dare.

Really bummed about Minnesota, would have been great to see a team play a Super Bowl on their own deck. Being a Cowboys man, I despise the Eagles as much as the Giants and unless you’re a Pats fan, no-one likes them. Wish there was a way both teams could lose.

Jags went so close today but deep down I just knew Brady would pull a rabbit out of the hat and he did. Their defence stepped up as well or maybe Jags lost a bit of dare.

Really bummed about Minnesota, would have been great to see a team play a Super Bowl on their own deck. Being a Cowboys man, I despise the Eagles as much as the Giants and unless you’re a Pats fan, no-one likes them. Wish there was a way both teams could lose.
Jags prepared so well for Gronk that they kinda lost the plot once he got injured.

Anyone listen to KB and Turf today ?
I tried for around ten minutes .
Not sure KB is suited to sharing a show particular a drive programme . Obviously they are looking for an older listening audience just not so sure that the time slot is a good one for them . Will give it another go .

Although its a game almost entirely devoid of personality, its ok once the Australians are inevitably bundled out in the first week. Its bad enough on their evening news, but the 7 commentary and their sycophantic patriotism is unbearably cringeworthy and usually makes the first week of the tournament nye on unwatchable.

The good news is that like the dire spring racing carnival the moment its over, footy once again commands the medias attention and takes its rightful place in the public discourse.

Don't get me started on golf on tv...

My solution
TV on ch 7 (or 7Mate) - Mute button employed
Led Zeppelin blasting out of my stereo (are they still called steroe's?)

- I don't have to listen to women grunting
- I don't have to listen to Basil
- I don't have to listen to Hamish
- I don't have to put up with Reality TV ads (don't get me started on "Reality" tv)

and Golf is a participant sport only!!

My solution
TV on ch 7 (or 7Mate) - Mute button employed
Led Zeppelin blasting out of my stereo (are they still called steroe's?)

- I don't have to listen to women grunting
- I don't have to listen to Basil
- I don't have to listen to Hamish
- I don't have to put up with Reality TV ads (don't get me started on "Reality" tv)

and Golf is a participant sport only!!
I don’t know why 7 keep pushing Basil down our throats. He now does footy, tennis, swimming, athletics and (somehow for a bloke derived of anything close to a personality) hosting sunrise.

He is hands down the worst media “personality” I’ve ever seen. Unless Brayshaw takes over from Bruce I’m afraid Basil will be commentating AFL grand finals.

Sounds like the NRL to me. Hate when the Storm go deep for that very reason.

While we are at it the Spring racing carnival too. God I hate that time of year. I couldn't care about a horse race in May, so why would I care in November?
I don’t mind the spring racing carnival purely because my mates who follow it all year give me good tips. Don’t watch the races though, only will chuck a $50 note here and there when they’re very confident in a tip.

I agree though, fair weather fans are the worst. I want to pull my hair out when Cavs and Warriors inevitability meet in the finals and everyone becomes an expert.

Only tennis I really enjoy watching is the French open, whenever people are talking Aussie open I bring that up and they look dumbfounded. Apparently tennis only exists in January.

I don’t know why 7 keep pushing Basil down our throats. He now does footy, tennis, swimming, athletics and (somehow for a bloke derived of anything close to a personality) hosting sunrise.

He is hands down the worst media “personality” I’ve ever seen. Unless Brayshaw takes over from Bruce I’m afraid Basil will be commentating AFL grand finals.
I often wonder what Basil has on Kerry Stokes. He adds absolutely nothing to any telecast he is on.

I don’t think there’s been a bloke more unfairly maligned in NBA history than Kevin Love is right now. He needs to get out of Cleveland ASAP.

He’s a stud and they don’t even know it. Honestly think he should ask for a trade to Spurs just so everyone gets off his case, but that won’t happen with Aldridge winding back the clock.

Vince McMahon just brought back the XFL. Pretty keen to see how it works. Especially if it’s easily accessible in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back