Non-AFL chat thread part 2

She did the same thing against Aussie Kim Clisters and Sam Stosur when losing the US open to them. She threatened a line person at one point.
Aussie Kim hehe she was good

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
The case for Zverev is that he has won big tournaments before (3 masters titles), he’s only 21 and it’ll all come together in a grand slam one day. It took Murray a while to break through and win one but before that he was making finals and semi finals before succumbing to one of the other three, concerning thing with Zverev is that he’s getting knocked out well before that. Haven’t seen enough of Shapovalov or Tsitsipas to make a comment but it’s encouraging that there is a lot of people who rate their chances.

Dimitrov is frustrating as hell. Always looked promising and last year it looked like it had clicked. Thought he’d have a big breakthrough year this year but it’s back to the same. Two R1 exits in a row when he should be at the peak of his powers is worrying. Don’t think Kyrgios will ever get it together. More talented than anyone but isn’t hungry enough.

During that 2015-16 run of invincible Djokovic my brother would always say that he’d end up with more than Federer and I always brushed him off and argued that he was too far behind. Can definitely see it happening now, he’s still a long way behind but if he stays fit he will probably win 2+ GS every year.
I think Zverev can and probably will win some slams. I just think he's further away than a lot of people do, and I'm not convinced he's going to get to the "star" level many still expect of him.

Put it this way, I don't think any of the guys either of us have mentioned are close to being consistent GS winners or threats. I think the more likely outcome is that Djokovic, Nadal and Federer continue to dominate the next year or two of slams with the odd cameo from the likes of Wawrinka/Murray/Del Potro/Cilic and maybe some random guys that pull together some career-best form (a bit like the women's game with Stephens, Osaka, Ostapenko etc).

I still think Djokovic falls short of Fed (who I expect to win ~2 more) but I can certainly see the argument for him getting there.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
I think that’s all fair.

It will be interesting to see what level Murray can back to when he returns from injury. Thought he was the equal to Djokovic in late 2015 to 2016 but often he’d let himself down with moments of mental lapses. It’ll be interesting to see if he can return and win like the others have.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Gotta feel for the Cleveland Browns, stopped their losing streak but still didn't win!
(21-all after overtime)

They had a chance to take a field goal at a close range to win the game in overtime, but a penalty on the play that set them up close, ended up pushing them further back instead. Mind you the match winning field goal attempt was a shocking kick.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Australian test squad vs Pakistan

Batsman - Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marcus Labuschagne, Shaun Marsh, Matthew Renshaw

All rounders - Mitch Marsh

Keepers - Tim Paine (c)

Bowlers - Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Jon Holland, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Peter Siddle, Mitch Starc

That’s a really ordinary squad. Very surprised Maxwell was left out.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mark Knight, does what he always does and draws an expert cartoon nearly everyday. Think what you like about the Herald-Sun, and I am no big fan, but still read it. But I just love Mark Knight, some of his Bulldogs cartoons have been phenomenal, too. He drew Serena chucking a big tantrum. We could see that back here in Australia. But the USA is so polarised and partisan at the moment they can’t see her faults because ‘she’s a women’ or ‘she’s black’ clouding their thoughts on these issues. These people apologising for Serena and playing the racist sexist card are not only making a fool of themselves but undermining the value of those accusations when there really is racism or sexism.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mark Knight, does what he always does and draws an expert cartoon nearly everyday. Think what you like about the Herald-Sun, and I am no big fan, but still read it. But I just love Mark Knight, some of his Bulldogs cartoons have been phenomenal, too. He drew Serena chucking a big tantrum. We could see that back here in Australia. But the USA is so polarised and partisan at the moment they can’t see her faults because ‘she’s a women’ or ‘she’s black’ clouding their thoughts on these issues. These people apologising for Serena and playing the racist sexist card are not only making a fool of themselves but undermining the value of those accusations when there really is racism or sexism.

Whilst I agree there is an issue with the men's and women's being treated differently within some rules. But the issue from Serana that day was nothing to do with racism and the card being pulled out at the wrong time. She threw a tantrum because she was losing as she has a long history of doing so, and the typical American crowd was pig headed and unsportsmanlike as they have always been toward opponents of Serena when she loses the US Open Final.

Her coach issues instructions, its clear as daylight against the rules. She should have just told her coach to piss off and moved on with the game, instead she had the most brattish tantrum I have seen in a long time. Sense of entitlement because of her standing in the game kind of thing.

It's also reverse racism ie: NO understanding of the Australian culture (maybe racism isn't the word).

She's selfishly taken the spotlight off a truly deserving winner - if she can't win, she'll bloody well make sure no one noticed she lost by creating a bigger storm.

What's Mark Knight supposed to do? Draw stick figures?

You all are a bunch of racist, sexist w***ers. "It's a well-known fact," says Dorrie Evans. ;)

My brother is upset that the Bears lost to the Packers by a point. He's blaming me since he's here and we were away so he couldn't watch the game online. :nflchicago:

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Australian test squad vs Pakistan

Batsman - Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marcus Labuschagne, Shaun Marsh, Matthew Renshaw

All rounders - Mitch Marsh

Keepers - Tim Paine (c)

Bowlers - Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Jon Holland, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Peter Siddle, Mitch Starc

That’s a really ordinary squad. Very surprised Maxwell was left out.
I know you can’t expect to have a team the quality of the Taylor/Waugh/Ponting years all the time but this squad is very ordinary and uninspiring.

Obviously things will improve in the batting department in April but still.

I don’t know anything about a third of those blokes.

I know you can’t expect to have a team the quality of the Taylor/Waugh/Ponting years all the time but this squad is very ordinary and uninspiring.

Obviously things will improve in the batting department in April but still.

I don’t know anything about a third of those blokes.
We will be the St Kilda of cricketing nations for about the next 3-4 years. That's about how long the generational change will take and the newbies getting test experience.

That bad, eh? :(
LOL.
Actually the fast bowling stocks aren't too bad. More like a WB outfit there ... can't go a season without serious injuries.;)
The batting is a serious concern though.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's also reverse racism ie: NO understanding of the Australian culture (maybe racism isn't the word).

She's selfishly taken the spotlight off a truly deserving winner - if she can't win, she'll bloody well make sure no one noticed she lost by creating a bigger storm.

What's Mark Knight supposed to do? Draw stick figures?
I read a rather painful critique of his cartoon the other day. To paraphrase, not only is Knight racist, but if you don’t have a problem with the drawing, then you are too.

The writer’s point seemed to be that Williams had been depicted as ‘ape-like’.

Has the whole world gone mad? If you saw an ape in that drawing then I would argue it is you that are racist. Has it gone so far now that we can’t take the piss out of a petulant brat because of the colour of her skin?

I read a rather painful critique of his cartoon the other day. To paraphrase, not only is Knight racist, but if you don’t have a problem with the drawing, then you are too.

The writer’s point seemed to be that Williams had been depicted as ‘ape-like’.

Has the whole world gone mad? If you saw an ape in that drawing then I would argue it is you that are racist. Has it gone so far now that we can’t take the piss out of a petulant brat because of the colour of her skin?
You'd be well advised then, not to go near the thread on the subject, in Society/Culture.

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
I don't follow NFL at all, but this is mental. Only in America.

upload_2018-9-17_9-16-58.png

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/vo...t/news-story/52197bb930dc28a2b7b0c3a261d1187f

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I don't blame him as the Bills look like they could push Detroit and Arizona as the worst teams in the NFL this season. No veteran wants to carry complete rabble on their back for a whole season. That being said it was very poor of him to quit half time, never seen anything like it. Very disrespectful a very bad look on Davis part, will carry that negative reputation that will overshadow his career now.

Back