MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you calling them 'whores' in the 'look at me, I want attention, followers and likes' way or that they are you are an immoral women of ill repute and deserve to be looked down on way?

No taco girl.

Literal prostitutes. As in, rich men fly them out to some beachy / expensive destination and get to know from the inside out.

Topkent
Hey mate, i went out fot a kick at your old rival MDU, an there senior coach this year is Ex swans player Steve Wright.
Thats decent, legit the guy would be in his early 60's and hes a fit as a fiddle

Dean Rice used to coach Wonny for a bit there aswell. I think Cam Pedersen is playing down on Phillip island aswell. Standard of the league down there's not bad at all.

On another topic, I saw something funny on the Carlton board yesterday. One of the posters suggested that Buggy’s business endeavour only took off because he was recruited by Carlton. Because of course obviously getting yourself delisted and then being picked up as a rookie by the wooden spooners is the ultimate marketing promotional tool.

Just imagine if Max Gawn had been picked up by Carlton and not MFC. He could have been one of the most marketable players in the game with possible advertising deals with Google and maybe a cider maker, a line of Gawn mini plush toys (imagine that!)... who knows what might have been. Instead he's got to settle for being Mr invisible at the dees.

Just imagine if Max Gawn had been picked up by Carlton and not MFC. He could have been one of the most marketable players in the game with possible advertising deals with Google and maybe a cider maker, a line of Gawn mini plush toys (imagine that!)... who knows what might have been. Instead he's got to settle for being Mr invisible at the dees.
Who?

how great is it when the players disapear in the advertising.. wtf is up with that? is any footy really a good thing

Just watched a bit of the AFLX. Trying to think of an apt word to describe it and I think "contrived" is the most appropriate. You could have 40 odd top AFL players put on a performance of Othello and you'd still get 10,000 excited kids dragging their parents through the gate. There's very little care factor here but the players have been roofied by Gil into compliance and the awful commentary with their nicknames just makes it all the worse.

AFL Admin in da 90's. "Hm i guess they didn't like lightning premierships, may as well give up then"
AFL admin now "You will like this!"

I watched the lot. In saying that I also cooked and ate pasta etc but I had the coverage on the whole time.

It was dreadful and not remotely engaging whatsoever. I’m glad I made an effort to at least watch it this year. I won’t bother again. That was awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least one good thing came out from it.

Fritta is a 2X AFLX Champ. Nice consolation on missing out on the Prelim last year.
Hall of Fame legend confirmed.

It polarises because it is so different,” Dangerfield said.

“But it’s got to be different because the next generation, young kids now, are different. They see the game in a different light.

“They’re less inclined to follow teams ... they love following the stars - we’ve seen that overseas.

* that sell out arrogant piece of s**t. If there's a bigger * head in the game right now id be surprised.

The AFL havent yet worked out that we cant take team loyalty for granted because we have multiple teams per city.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems a very short term outlook by the AFL. Stars come and go, but team loyalty is the reason people come back over and over again for decades. The bling, fireworks, showy rubbish, etc has done cricket some favours, but no one gives a hoot about the national cricket competitions so anything would be an improvement on those attendances. Attendances at the AFL have been consistently high and slowly climbing despite some of the stupid changes that have been made to the rules over the years - having a solid core product seems to work for most popular sports around the world, so trying to gain more exposure with a substandard, s**t display of theatrics seems more likely to do damage than actually grow the game.

But then, I am quite negative.

Seems a very short term outlook by the AFL. Stars come and go, but team loyalty is the reason people come back over and over again for decades. The bling, fireworks, showy rubbish, etc has done cricket some favours, but no one gives a hoot about the national cricket competitions so anything would be an improvement on those attendances. Attendances at the AFL have been consistently high and slowly climbing despite some of the stupid changes that have been made to the rules over the years - having a solid core product seems to work for most popular sports around the world, so trying to gain more exposure with a substandard, s**t display of theatrics seems more likely to do damage than actually grow the game.

But then, I am quite negative.
Not at all. Your upbeat outlook is what keeps most of us on this board

It polarises because it is so different,” Dangerfield said.

“But it’s got to be different because the next generation, young kids now, are different. They see the game in a different light.

“They’re less inclined to follow teams ... they love following the stars - we’ve seen that overseas.

**** that sell out arrogant piece of s**t. If there's a bigger **** head in the game right now id be surprised.

Well what do you expect? Its a one team town down there at Geelong. If there was another team down there like the East G. Falcons or the Corio Carburettors he wouldn't be talking so arrogantly.

Well what do you expect? Its a one team town down there at Geelong. If there was another team down there like the East G. Falcons or the Corio Carburettors he wouldn't be talking so arrogantly.
Have to disagree. Dangerfield showed all of the signs of being a tool-in-waiting back when he played for the crows. He would have evolved toolishly whichever team he landed at.

Have to disagree. Dangerfield showed all of the signs of being a tool-in-waiting back when he played for the crows. He would have evolved toolishly whichever team he landed at.

Well to be fair he did come from G-Town originally. You know the old expression " you can take the boy out of the tool-shed but you can't take the tool-shed out of the boy"

If you want to melt this year just make one thread you can bump after each meltworthy loss :)

Whatever you say schmutterpuler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back