MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Carlton are so good with their properganda, it's either that or their supporters buy anything.

Seriously though they're hyped every season to improve, and any time you point out nothings happened most people i know come back saying "It's still better than the malthouse era". Is it though? Malthouse before he was sacked already had a win, which is half of what they achieved last year.

Nothing has changed, and it is hilarious

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Watching Carlton Essendon and I love the 6-6-6 already.
First clearance an it goes to Daniher leading from deep 1 on 1.

I think the rule changes this year by the AFL have been good to be honest. I wish they could enforce the 6-6-6 more over the game but sadly can't see it

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think the rule changes this year by the AFL have been good to be honest. I wish they could enforce the 6-6-6 more over the game but sadly can't see it
yeah agree although i reckon the hands in the back could be a campaigner of a rule. its 1 the players can feel the hand and fall forward on. can already see it losing a game for someone

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
yeah agree although i reckon the hands in the back could be a campaigner of a rule. its 1 the players can feel the hand and fall forward on. can already see it losing a game for someone

Yeah but that was going on in footy for years that's why they tried to change it in the first place. Reckon it'll be less frustrating than the free for just placing a hand there

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne

Ironic we are back to where we started from , isn't it .?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

Yeah, it's having the desired effect so far hey. I can see us really taking advantage of it almost more than any other team as well. Dominant ruckman (potentially x2) dominant clearance team, 2 strong marking key forwards in TMac and Weid, and if we've got Preuss or Gawn resting down there, both are so hard to defend against, particularly if they're getting a 3rd defender likely giving away 10+cm.

I think if you wanted to bring it in all over the ground, it would majorly slow the game down. It works at centre bounces because there is time to sort it out, but at a boundary thrown in, its going to be delayed 10-15 seconds to give everyone a reasonable time to get into their zone, quarter lengths will blow out massively, which no one wants.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah, it's having the desired effect so far hey. I can see us really taking advantage of it almost more than any other team as well. Dominant ruckman (potentially x2) dominant clearance team, 2 strong marking key forwards in TMac and Weid, and if we've got Preuss or Gawn resting down there, both are so hard to defend against, particularly if they're getting a 3rd defender likely giving away 10+cm.

I think if you wanted to bring it in all over the ground, it would majorly slow the game down. It works at centre bounces because there is time to sort it out, but at a boundary thrown in, its going to be delayed 10-15 seconds to give everyone a reasonable time to get into their zone, quarter lengths will blow out massively, which no one wants.

No I agree you can't bring it in all over the ground because of that but I wish they could somehow.
That an the extended kick out was making it much harder to set up the press from first look. Small changes which seemed to improve the game IMO.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
No I agree you can't bring it in all over the ground because of that but I wish they could somehow.
That an the extended kick out was making it much harder to set up the press from first look. Small changes which seemed to improve the game IMO.
Yeah, thank god the kick in changes they've made seem to make a bit of a difference, so they aren't tempted to bring in the 18m goal square!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah, thank god the kick in changes they've made seem to make a bit of a difference, so they aren't tempted to bring in the 18m goal square!

I wonder if it will get tweaked so the man on the mark stands at 25. Theoretically you could then get the ball to the middle with one kick which hopefully means teams will leave blokes at the other end.
I mean I thought footy was improving last year an it still reverted to horrific play mid year so hopefully that doesn't happen

steve0908

Debutant
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wonder if it will get tweaked so the man on the mark stands at 25. Theoretically you could then get the ball to the middle with one kick which hopefully means teams will leave blokes at the other end.
I mean I thought footy was improving last year an it still reverted to horrific play mid year so hopefully that doesn't happen
This rag and scrag footy has to end. I’m too often seeing Tommy gun getting outmanoeuvred last year as the swarm of followers would roll and maul the field. Bring back the biffo while we’re at it. Vandenberg a likely candidate this weekend.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This rag and scrag footy has to end. I’m too often seeing Tommy gun getting outmanoeuvred last year as the swarm of followers would roll and maul the field. Bring back the biffo while we’re at it. Vandenberg a likely candidate this weekend.

The quickest way to get rid of gut punches and scraggin would be to allow retaliation.
No one used to * with Plugger in the day

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The quickest way to get rid of gut punches and scraggin would be to allow retaliation.
No one used to **** with Plugger in the day
You must have the phone ringing constantly with invitations to participate in policy think tanks.

You must have the phone ringing constantly with invitations to participate in policy think tanks.
Remember the 80s and 90s when no one threw punches because they were afraid of retaliation.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Remember the 80s and 90s when no one threw punches because they were afraid of retaliation.

Don't s**t on those eras too much. The players code was a great thing that's gone now an there were other great things aswell

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Is this your code for pub sessions?
It’s not even a very convincing code, is it? Every few months you really need to update the code. When people are looking for you - a colleague can be primed to say “attending a strategic performance benchmarking session” which gets you by for a bit.

Other useful codes:
- if someone says they are monitoring a situation, it means they had forgotten the issue totally until asked.
- if someone says they are ‘actively’ monitoring a situation, it also means they’d forgotten the issue, but have used the monitoring excuse previously so need to diversify:
- if a job description describes a ‘dynamic’ environment, don’t apply. It means under-resourced and overseen by lunatics so everyone keeps leaving.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
1551420457603.png

I just got this.

Back