Discussion Non-AFL footy jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking photo, but I really wanted to give some respect to my family's first club, Yaapeet Football Club. No official nickname, but went by the Yaapeet Purple Turkeys or Violet Crumbles, depending how old you were and with how much contempt you held the town :p.

Royal purple with a yellow sash, the club punched above it's weight with a town population of about 120 in it's final season in 1996.

I was too young to ever play, but I went to primary school and did Auskick out there for years as a little takka. Loved that place.
download.jpg

Mentioned it a few times but the La Trobe longy is sexy. UHS-VU in the background with their green, brown and white is a unique colour scheme too.
SPI_2707.jpg

The old Frankston jumper is a personal favourite in terms of VFL jumpers. So beautiful.
ben-cadd-of-the-dolphins-in-action-during-the-round-six-txu-vfl-match-picture-id1989632

Two Greensborough jerseys. The one on the viewer’s left is from the 1970’s, and the other one is from the 1980’s. A64C207D-FC9E-4B21-AC1D-8A31B8F38FDE.jpeg C6D3AF96-227C-479F-BA70-48474CAA6C48.jpeg

A Wangaratta jersey from the 1990’s with the patches ripped off. It’s exactly the same as a Collingwood player’s jersey from the time. 0C9548DE-5442-41B1-95D8-BAF20700DDA6.jpeg 9D374618-EC9B-4647-BEA5-F373DF7FBB1F.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

appreciate the effort finding these and posting them but this thread is for jumpers that don't copy the AFL team designs. if you have any unique ones we'd love to see them
Unfortunately I don’t. I came across a Vikings jumper from the WRFL in an op shop which was pretty unique. I didn’t purchase it. The Brunswick Dragons in the YJFL is really cool. It’s purple, green, and white with a dragon on it. I see many of these jumpers around my neighborhood.

Unfortunately I don’t. I came across a Vikings jumper from the WRFL in an op shop which was pretty unique. I didn’t purchase it. The Brunswick Dragons in the YJFL is really cool. It’s purple, green, and white with a dragon on it. I see many of these jumpers around my neighborhood.

Saw this one from a couple of ovals away last month - we were playing AJAX at Yarra Bend and their colours looked interesting. Kinda like if Freo kept the green after their rebrand.

Saw this one from a couple of ovals away last month - we were playing AJAX at Yarra Bend and their colours looked interesting. Kinda like if Freo kept the green after their rebrand.
I would have had divided loyalties in that game as one team represents my suburb, and the other my heritage. If I went by colors I would choose Brunswick (green and purple is an awesome combo).

I would have had divided loyalties in that game as one team represents my suburb, and the other my heritage. If I went by colors I would choose Brunswick (green and purple is an awesome combo).
Oops my bad, Brunswick Dragons weren’t playing AJAX, you saw them play from afar, so my first reply is irrelevant.

Ballarat Swans yesterday changed the red to purple to promte 4EK, a charity dedicated to meningococcal awareness. Redan still wearing the 150th anniversary guernsey, probably due to celebrations being delayed by covid.

Incidently, Ballarats gear is supplied by Puma, so they have the absolute best range of gear I've seen for a country club. There's even a little merch area in the new pavillion at Alfredton. No guernseys for sale, sadly, but virtually everything else is.

294311600_1407179536455199_2822808281042835182_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back