Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't given two hoots about the IPL since 2008 when it was on Channel 10 and Gilly was playing for the Deccan Chargers.

They moved it the following year to ONEHD which I didn't have then after that Australia had no rights whatsoever for probably 7 years of the tournament.

So interest in the comp waned from the beginning.

It's also on when everyone including a cricket tragic like myself is burnt out and pumped for the footy season starting in march and April.

Never been to India so have no affiliation with any city there yet to get behind them either.

Got a feeling the atmosphere at IPL games would be next level tbh.

If I was going to watch cricket in India I’d still much rather the Border-Gavaskar Trophy though.

Need some help to knock out the Hawks.

I did my bit.
If Hawthorn had gone back to back in this game, why did the other 18 clubs not gang up on them from the start?

That is what would have happened in real Survivor, Hawks have no social game. In fact they made a name for themselves being unsociable.

P.s. we were already gone by the time I looked.

Don't know where else to put this, but has anyone else been getting a pop-up video in the corner of the page, that starts with an ad (powered by Ad Choices) for Western Power (screen shot below), and then goes on to one of a dozen or more different video collages of red carpet appearances and other celebrity-related media?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 12.36.00 PM.png

It's really quite annoying for the following reasons:

1. it's super distracting
2. it causes my browser to bug out in very minor, but nevertheless annoying ways
3. the stuff after the Western power ad doesn't seem to advertise anything; I keep clicking on the video to take me to some website where I can buy something, but nothing happens.
4. it keeps playing the uninteresting red carpet sequences, and not the one I want to see again.

Don't know where else to put this, but has anyone else been getting a pop-up video in the corner of the page, that starts with an ad (powered by Ad Choices) for Western Power (screen shot below), and then goes on to one of a dozen or more different video collages of red carpet appearances and other celebrity-related media?

View attachment 1957069

It's really quite annoying for the following reasons:

1. it's super distracting
2. it causes my browser to bug out in very minor, but nevertheless annoying ways
3. the stuff after the Western power ad doesn't seem to advertise anything; I keep clicking on the video to take me to some website where I can buy something, but nothing happens.
4. it keeps playing the uninteresting red carpet sequences, and not the one I want to see again.
What makes it super wierd is just how many people are active abusers of Western Power staff or contractors? Wouldn't be surprised if the effect reach of this material is 0.

Anyone else watch the Bluey special and just be so proud that incredible show comes from Australia?

Brumm is a literal artist

Every kid should watch Bluey.

These guys were brave enough to put out a show for parents and kids and help knock this woke virus/cognitive dissonance out of society.

Its been a success because our broadcasters have underestimated people's ability think critically and everyone's general sense of political-correctness and self-censorship fatigue. Bluey will be remembered as the show that paved the way for many others like it.

Last edited:
Do you think the statistically, the rate of domestic violence goes up after a Collingwood loss?

Judging by the faces of the worried look on many of the female Collingwood supporters, I'm not sure that the loss is the most concerning factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back