No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me old fashioned, but the tread title is

Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

So, how do you see the Saints and Demons going this season?
The Demons have a new coach so it will be interesting to
see if he brings anything new to the table, their disposal
differential was (+ 687 ) which was actually fourth for
the 2016 season behind the Dogs (+ 1,110 ) then the
Giants (+ 721 ) and Sydney (+ 699 ) so that bodes
very well for 2017. In 2015 the Demons were third last
with a differential of (- 282 ) so this year was a fair
turn around.

The saints on the other hand had a disposal differential
of (- 312 ) and their away from Etihad figures would
have stunk. Their older players are not getting any
younger so they will need a lift from the younger
players if they are to contend in 2017.

On a social economic scale though my confusion is
beyond the calculations of the common man.;)

The saints has a dream run with injuries last year. I expect them to be around the same mark pushing for the 8. Carlisle will help but Brown is a spud so banking on him isn't going to help them.

I just don't see the Dee's pushing up that much more than last year either. They really way too much on Gawn and if teams lock him down they aren't much.

Both teams 8-13 and missing the 8 for mine

Saints fans seem to operate under the assumption they'll have Fyfe next year.

Would be a huge boost, but what's the incentive for him? These cap war chests are never all they're cracked up to be, either.

Would be a huge boost, but what's the incentive for him? These cap war chests are never all they're cracked up to be, either.

Yeah they pretty much have him over the line.

My mail is he will end up at the Hawks unfortunately. Plenty cap room end of next year and always a destination club.

Martin on his way to Adelaide

I feel the Saints are better off throwing that money at Shiel. He's younger and also hasn't had the huge list of surgeries that Fyfe has had up to this point.

You're old fashioned.

Dees have Macca and St James' apprentice in Goodwin (the untouchable). So they'll crack in and do whatever it takes.

The Saints have Jack Billings. Unstoppable.

Both threats for the 8 - but sadly may just fall short. Did I say sadly?

No I'm saying that people from certain countries or areas that are under no risk are portraying themselves as refugees simply to move to another country they believe will benefit them.

An economical refugee is a person that moves between countries not for safety reasons but to use the refugee status to improve their lives. It's a massive issue in Europe at the moment with millions of non refugees flooding into Europe adding to the legitimate refugees.

Yes it's a harsh comment but in no way should these people be helped before legitimate refugees or even for that matter people already in country who need help.

Often these economic refugees have been created through the greed of other countries. For example over fishing areas around The Horn of Africa by Chinese trawlers has created a huge problem for those African countries taking away their employment and food source.

I totally agree Jack Watts isn't A Grade but he's still 24-25 I'm guessing. I think Watts was a slow starter and is unfairly maligned for this and he did have a lot of unfair expectations placed on his young shoulders.
I'm not sure if this is controversial or controversial on our board but I certainly think Watts can reach an A grade level.
Just putting it out there before people stick the boots in to hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old RoCo is developing a selective memory. Off the top of my head journos have done far worse than sit outside a hospital.

- hutchy falsely naming Kosi as a suspected rapist.

- the release of Hawks players stolen private medical records

- some journo (hutchy?) stalking a clearly fragile Cousins when he was on the way to rehab in the US

Of course none of these guys were former EFC legends so it's understandable that a hopelessly compromised and biased cheerleader like RoCo thinks as he does.

Poor old RoCo is developing a selective memory. Off the top of my head journos have done far worse than sit outside a hospital.

- some journo (hutchy?) stalking a clearly fragile Cousins when he was on the way to rehab in the US

Of course none of these guys were former EFC legends so it's understandable that a hopelessly compromised and biased cheerleader like RoCo thinks as he does.

I didn't know Hutchy was so bad :O

I guess it is his goofy appearance

I didn't know Hutchy was so bad :O

I guess it is his goofy appearance

Hutchy was a piece of work - his mild mannered successor and mate is Damo

He's developed into quite a good player. He's not A grade just yet.
Agree entirely - he was much more consistently damaging last year. Wasn't intending to have a go at Watts, just not sure how you can rationalise the view of him being A grade already.

Agree entirely - he was much more consistently damaging last year. Wasn't intending to have a go at Watts, just not sure how you can rationalise the view of him being A grade already.
Maybe they have been reading the " Tom Boyd " thread and have
decided to base their rating system on that thread.;):eek:;)

I would do a Jack Watts versus Jake Stringer comparison, but the
bruises have not healed properly from the last time. I still think
he would be a great pick up as a free agent. :D

It was quite amusing ( the few minutes I could stand anyway) listening to RoCo do his first stint in the host chair at SEN today, when the first words out of his mouth was inevitably a passioned defence of all things Essendon. I generally enjoy listening to RoCo, but like RoBBo he is as you say, hopelessly compromised whenever it comes to his beloved Essendon. Quell surprise!

However, that wasn't nearly as gobsmackingly laughable as listening to the typically gormless Tony Jones on Monday morning when just prior to his exclusive interview with with Allan Hird, he implored people (the proletariat) to give James some space in these troubling times. Then in the next breath go on to defend the medias right to stake out AFL identities like Hirds homes! Because he claimed with words to the effect of a news story works best with colour and vision. By colour of course he meant sticking a camera in a player/official/AFL personality's face in the hope of eliciting a reaction worthy of airing on the evening news. Ol' choppers is the worst kind of bottom feeding scum in the industry known as AFL media.

Anyway, when it comes to pointing out the hypocrisy of the media the final world for mine will always go to John Safrans' epic take down of Ray Martin.

No s**t Sherlock. In other news, night follows day, The United States have elected a lying, narcissistic sociopath and Richmond will always be s**t.

Your non-contribution to losing the Preliminary final still stings eh, Jezza*?
  1. 'A' moment would've ben good place to start during the Prelim...
  2. You need to learn more than your one trick of getting out the back of a contest if you want to go to an elite level.
  3. Image obviously taken prior to Prelim.
*Didn't bother reading the article.

View attachment 327471

Needs to stop laughing at premiership players.

Needs to stop laughing at premiership players.
Thanks. Edited.

Anybody else with helpful advice for Jezza please feel free to post here and I'll add it to the op in hope that he reads it and takes it on board.

After all watching how our players go about it, consistency of effort is something we know a great deal about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back