No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wines is very good, don't think he has the game to be a superstar. Came into the league as a man do the natural improved isn't there.

He'd get a game for us easily, though.

Main board.

I just don't rate him all that highly.

The guy can't hit a barn by foot. He is shockers.
In saying that, he is great at hardballs and handballs. I wouldn't play him ahead of Wallis or Clay, as their foot skills are better. Don't think we need another player who can't kick well in our midfield.

Dont agree with your opinion MoC (think Wines is a gun, and would be equal third with Macrae in terms of our mids if with us) but their reaction to you was ******* pathetic. Had no intention of engaging with your point at all.

Oliver Wines

Games - 84, Kicks - 877, Handballs - 1077, Disposals - 1954,
Marks - 249, Goals - 37, Behinds - 38, Tackles - 413,
Hit Outs - 173, Frees For - 95, Frees Against - 81,
Brownlow Votes - 23.

Contested Poss - 957, Uncontested Poss - 997,
Effective Disposals - 1,235, Disposal Efficiency - 63.2 %,
Clangers - 280, Contested Marks - 24, Goal Assists- 54,
Inside 50's - 302, Marks Inside 50 - 34, Clearances - 403,
Rebound 50's - 91, One Percenters - 88, Bounces - 13.

His 11 Brownlow votes in 2016 was only bettered by
Marcus Bontempelli and Lachlan Hunter.

Agreed. May of won premiership but seems like there are lots of areas he wants to tweak and improve. The SWAT part

Did Robbo really write an article that quoted Bevo on SWOT analysis, where it then lists what it stands for (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) - and called it SWAT?

It may be pedantic, but that's ******* awful from a journalist and then missed by an editor.

Dont agree with your opinion MoC (think Wines is a gun, and would be equal third with Macrae in terms of our mids if with us) but their reaction to you was ******* pathetic. Had no intention of engaging with your point at all.

The only somewhat attempt to address it was pointing out Caleb Daniel is built like a toddler but gets games.

Missing the whole point about skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines is a bloody good player who'd walk into our team IMO. Much as I love Smith and Dunkley, he kills them. He's done it better for longer than Wallis as well IMO.

Given their draft positions the Macrae comparison is interesting. As a biased Dogs fan I've always rated Macrae marginally ahead of Wines and think that tiny gap widened a little last year.

Wines is a butchering beast. But being a ball butcher hasn't stopped Dangerfield from being rated by many as the best in the league. So I can see why many rate Wines highly. I don't rate him as much as some, as I mark ball butchers like Wines and Danger (and Boyd the mid) harder than many - but that's more a personal preference.

See Joel Selwood got pinged for speeding and lost his licence for a month. Any truth in the rumour that he ducked his head below the steering wheel in an attempt to avoid detection??:D

You'd imagine Joel would have been instructing the police on how to write out a ticket whilst pointing them at other cars.

Give me footy over laps. That, and at least an extra hour in travel time.

I'm confident Dees will play finals this year. If they can get some polish/class in the midfield, look out.

Wines is a bloody good player who'd walk into our team IMO. Much as I love Smith and Dunkley, he kills them. He's done it better for longer than Wallis as well IMO.

Given their draft positions the Macrae comparison is interesting. As a biased Dogs fan I've always rated Macrae marginally ahead of Wines and think that tiny gap widened a little last year.

Wines is a butchering beast. But being a ball butcher hasn't stopped Dangerfield from being rated by many as the best in the league. So I can see why many rate Wines highly. I don't rate him as much as some, as I mark ball butchers like Wines and Danger (and Boyd the mid) harder than many - but that's more a personal preference.
Gets me thinking that in a few years McCrae could be as good as Danger. McCrae is the same size and when he gets stronger he could do anything. It took Danger 8-9 years before he became the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back