No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Hawfs' first pick in this year's draft is the pick 88 they received for Mitchell. Wow.
Is that serious? Far out, they obviously don't rate the draft this year! They'll probably snare Long or Hannan to piss us off!

Is that a joke?

Is that serious? Far out, they obviously don't rate the draft this year! They'll probably snare Long or Hannan to piss us off!

I'm serious. They traded completely out of the first four rounds of this year's draft plus the first round of next year's draft and gave Sam Mitchell and Lewis the boot to land Titchell and O'Meara.

I'm serious. They traded completely out of the first four rounds of this year's draft plus the first round of next year's draft and gave Sam Mitchell and Lewis the boot to land Titchell and O'Meara.
Ouch. T.Mitchell is at least a gun but O'Meara may never get back to his best :eek:

I'd welcome Ward back. Griffen... never ever, ever.
original.jpg

Ryan Griffen should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell....

Man that trade between Carlton and Hawthorn that got the O'Meara deal over the line looks so dodgy. First of all, the points value of the picks they traded in for next year's second rounder (which you would assume will be an early second rounder in the low to mid 20s) is equal to about pick 40, which is in the third round. So even if Carlton won the premiership next year the points value of the trade wouldn't be even. Secondly, as far as I can tell Carlton have three list spots open at the moment heading into the draft, meaning that as it stands they'll only be using pick 48 from the deal. So effectively they've done a straight swap of next year's pick 20 something for this year's pick 48.

Nice little favour Carlton have done for the Hawfs there, look out for an equally dodgy deal with Hawthorn helping Carlton out to go down next year.

For some reason I feel more vitriol towards Ward than Griffen.

At the Preliminary Final I was definitely harsher towards Ward than Griffen.

Maybe it's because Griffen leaving led to something great happening at the club, whereas Ward was leaving as the ship was really sinking.

I understand why both of them left and certainly don't think either of them are bad blokes or anything, it just infuriates me seeing both of them in that sh*tstain of a jumper.

Can you bet on club b n f's yet? I reckon put the house on Tom Mitchell at Hawks. He's going to go to a new level at that joint. Felt like he was always held back by the Swans midfield being unreal and Horse not being a fan of it.

Can you bet on club b n f's yet? I reckon put the house on Tom Mitchell at Hawks. He's going to go to a new level at that joint. Felt like he was always held back by the Swans midfield being unreal and Horse not being a fan of it.

I think the opposite, that he will be exposed as not being a top midfielder. He got the 5/6 best opponent at Sydney, now he will get the best at the Hawks, unless JOM gets on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the opposite, that he will be exposed as not being a top midfielder. He got the 5/6 best opponent at Sydney, now he will get the best at the Hawks, unless JOM gets on the park.

Na - I'm with Pogba - he's an inside mid who can get his own ball - wont matter who he plays for - weren't you watching him take us apart in the 2nd qtr of the granny

No Ryan Griffen, no Luke Beveridge, stood his ground and was not
pressured by the Presidents attempt to paper over the cracks by
using a club legend. Who knows had he not gone we could still
be cracking in and trying to do it for longer without around five
at least of our better players. Pig shooting = Premiership.

I don't care about what Griffen did any more, the premiership has healed a lot of wounds.

I think it hurt the fans more than the players as a lot of them are still good mates with him.

But it's interesting for someone like Bob Murphy to be not invited or not attending the wedding & spending time in outback Australia instead

Horse was a fan. He had big holes in his game that he needed to work on. That's why he was playing 2s.

I don't care about what Griffen did any more, the premiership has healed a lot of wounds.

I think it hurt the fans more than the players as a lot of them are still good mates with him.

But it's interesting for someone like Bob Murphy to be not invited or not attending the wedding & spending time in outback Australia instead
I noted that too, but Bob stepped up to fill Griffen's shoes and did the captaincy thing overwhelmingly better, literally saving the club. Very difficult for them to remain close friends after that.

Maybe one day we'll find out everything that went on back then.

Settle down. I'm no virtue ethicist.

I'm more of your vulgar, uncomplicated consequentialist type. Without Mr. Griffen we would not have our premiership. He is in many ways responsible for our club galvanising into what it has become. Thank you Pig Shooter.
If I shot you in the heart and you survived but during the surgery to save your life the doctors found life threatening cancer that was two weeks away from being inoperable, would you thank me for saving your life?
Griffen almost fatally wounded our club, just because we are tougher than he and his orange mates thought we were doesn't take away from the treachery and betrayal of his act.
I'd rather he and everyone associated with that franchise kiss my fat hairy arse and thank the real heroes in Peter Gordon, Jason McCartney, Simon Dalrymple, Luke Beveridge and Bob Murphy.

If I shot you in the heart and you survived but during the surgery to save your life the doctors found life threatening cancer that was two weeks away from being inoperable, would you thank me for saving your life?
Griffen almost fatally wounded our club, just because we are tougher than he and his orange mates thought we were doesn't take away from the treachery and betrayal of his act.
I'd rather he and everyone associated with that franchise kiss my fat hairy arse and thank the real heroes in Peter Gordon, Jason McCartney, Simon Dalrymple, Luke Beveridge and Bob Murphy.

Maybe too much X-Files/etc for me but I always thought we knew about what was happening with Griffen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back