No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are GWS fans on bigfooty the rudest around? I count 7 accounts of which 6 are not worth replying to. Is it just because they hate the Bulldogs or are they all that bad?
i think there naive as much as rude which is understandable and they do cop a bit of grief their way on BF. Not saying I care but it happens.
I like it which doesn't necessarily mean they can't F off. Our clubs going to have a strong and ongoing rivalry against GWS and it already has some solid origins. It will be great for the future of both clubs,we need a rival like the bigger VFL clubs all have.

I reckon they are.

Rip into Tom Boyd and spread lies about him on the reg, then turn around and whinge that a felon like Toby Greene is misunderstood.

They post like they've been given an advance on multiple premierships too. Can't wait to see the excuses they dream up if they don't win one with this group.
I honestly can't think of a bigger anti-climax than GWS winning a premiership. Not only would nobody care, but it would barely even constitute an achievement. I can just imagine the presentation speech: "Congratulations on winning this competition, where you were gifted 10 times as many resources as any of your competitors. This result is not interesting nor surprising for anybody. We quite openly rigged the competition, and today, our rigging has been vindicated by all twelve of the Sydney-based viewers who tuned in on TV."

I think gws can build up a decent sized supporter base quite quickly, but as soon as they're no longer a flag threat I can see those supporters all jumping ship. The AFL will never be done with giving them hand outs though, I think its bad for the game; where is the equalization?
At the draft of course, where the bottom teams get access to the top picks :oops:

Are GWS fans on bigfooty the rudest around? I count 7 accounts of which 6 are not worth replying to. Is it just because they hate the Bulldogs or are they all that bad?
There's a bit of a persecution complex that comes from everyone hating them that doesn't quite fit with the enormous concessions and advantages they get from the AFL. I think that means the ones who venture onto BF tend to be more likely to either start as or become a bit kooky to survive.

Not all bad though.

Some of the arguments 1 or 2 make around their academy border on delusional

Still all the clubs agreed on the expansion of the game. It took Sydney decades and sustained success to build up their club and membership in Sydney, in part to a number of concessions including COLA.

What our club has shown this year is that astute drafting and picking a coaching team with a winning history can match a team who has start up concessions. By the same token Hawthorn became a powerhouse through a similar approach, building their team from the ground up and their agreement with Tasmania funding it, after they nearly merged with Melbourne.

I reckon they are.

Rip into Tom Boyd and spread lies about him on the reg, then turn around and whinge that a felon like Toby Greene is misunderstood.

They post like they've been given an advance on multiple premierships too. Can't wait to see the excuses they dream up if they don't win one with this group.
Greene is actually a felon - what did he do? Thought he was a **** without that!

I think gws can build up a decent sized supporter base quite quickly, but as soon as they're no longer a flag threat I can see those supporters all jumping ship. The AFL will never be done with giving them hand outs though, I think its bad for the game; where is the equalization?
After attending the Prelim - I have my doubts. Out of the unsold stadium crowd of under 21000, I reckon the doggies had about 12-13000 of the supporters. Leaving about 7000-8000 GWS supporters for their biggest game in their history. Where were the rest of their 'members'?

Compare that to Brisbane's first home final in 99 against Carlton where the Lions would have had 20k + supporters before flogging us the next week to the same sort of crowd.

Not only did GWS f**king run out of beer at half time, clearly bringing the game into disrepute (lucky I bought 5 schooners before the famine), their supporters appeared mere spectators.

The AFL will guarantee their on field success but I don't think their legitimate membership base will top 25k for a decade or so.

Not only did GWS f**king run out of beer at half time, clearly bringing the game into disrepute (lucky I bought 5 schooners before the famine), their supporters appeared mere spectators.

I loved the part of the prelim when our fans drowned out their small and ineffectual cheersquad chant.

I loved the part of the prelim when our fans drowned out their small and ineffectual cheersquad chant.
The 'part' - I would say the entirety. Our supporters owned the only pub within 10kms of Spotless. Well played to the Bigfooty member (I forgot who) who arranged that little meet-up. A real highlight for me.

The 'part' - I would say the entirety. Our supporters owned the only pub within 10kms of Spotless. Well played to the Bigfooty member (I forgot who) who arranged that little meet-up. A real highlight for me.

There were more fans in there with Caleb Daniel hats on than actual GWS fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The PF will turn out to be the best thing to happen to the game and to Western Sydney. Sydneysiders will have got to see what a real AFL club looks like and how much better the AFL culture is than soccer, league and union. Hopefully this will turn GWS into a proper club with normal supporters who now appreciate how hard it is to get success.

Still all the clubs agreed on the expansion of the game. It took Sydney decades and sustained success to build up their club and membership in Sydney, in part to a number of concessions including COLA.

What our club has shown this year is that astute drafting and picking a coaching team with a winning history can match a team who has start up concessions. By the same token Hawthorn became a powerhouse through a similar approach, building their team from the ground up and their agreement with Tasmania funding it, after they nearly merged with Melbourne.
Baffled how the clubs agreed to that. Maybe they should consult the members before voting on something as important as that

How funny is bigfooty this year? So far I've read about how good the depth is at Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne, Saints, Richmond and Gold Coast.

Everyone thinks that they'll have a big jump up the ladder like we did if they have young depth. Dees are the closest to making that jump but the saints are way reliant on their older players and are convinced that McCartin and Membrey are going to be stars. The Saints fans also talk up their win against us later in the season despite us stomping their s**t in back at the start of the season.

Oof, Roughead returning then seriously undermines Essendons little narrative.
Yeah, I think Jobe having to go into exile in New York pales into insignificance compared to what Roughead has endured. Could almost support the Hawks from time to time now that Mitchell and Lewis have left and Roughead will be playing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back