Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
If stringer stays fit he'll kick 50+ in that team next year.

05248533-d1d0-4bcd-bb39-01ab7c7eb672-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Post of mine from draft thread a few weeks ago, re: Bonar:
It's still fibres taken from hamstrings at an early age. Future soft tissue is my worry, not so much knee recurrence (which is obviously somewhat of a concern also).

Article from today:
GREATER Western Sydney draftee Aiden Bonar has suffered an early setback in his time at the club after straining his hamstring.

I really, sincerely hope I’m wrong here. But this isn’t a fantastic sign.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Post of mine from draft thread a few weeks ago, re: Bonar:

Article from today:

I really, sincerely hope I’m wrong here. But this isn’t a fantastic sign.
Is this your area of study for your PhD? Not good signs for him early, hopefully Giants take their time with him and not rush him back.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Is this your area of study for your PhD? Not good signs for him early, hopefully Giants take their time with him and not rush him back.
Nah, I'm working primarily with EEG in individuals who have had a stroke, so a fairly different area. Just an interest of mine. The idea of taking fibres out of the hamstring at an early age in a professional athlete is a worry for mine.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If stringer stays fit he'll kick 50+ in that team next year.

05248533-d1d0-4bcd-bb39-01ab7c7eb672-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg

And they'll still get smashed in September because they can't win the ball inside when the pressure ratchets up a notch.

They'll beat some teams handsomely but anyone backing them to get to a PF or GF will do their money.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
And they'll still get smashed in September because they can't win the ball inside when the pressure ratchets up a notch.

They'll beat some teams handsomely but anyone backing them to get to a PF or GF will do their money.
I agree. They're not built or coached to win finals.

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok new topic picked up a bit from another thread...
The pies fwd line is something that will intrigue me this year.

With Moore training as a back and the constant injury concerns of fasolo and Elliot I’ll be intrigued to see their setup

Ok new topic picked up a bit from another thread...
The pies fwd line is something that will intrigue me this year.

With Moore training as a back and the constant injury concerns of fasolo and Elliot I’ll be intrigued to see their setup

Wut

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They remind me of the Bulldogs Eade team

Built for speed and class on a dry Etihad deck but not suitable for hard finals footy.

Their midfield would be bottom 3-4 in the league and the players they say are going to take it up a notch aren’t grunt midfielders like they need.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Moore is playing down back - multiple sources and pies players confirmed.
So does Reid go fwd and play alongside cox ?
Interesting setup

I think this is also a ploy to try and attract Lynch from the Suns.

But for 2018 they will just copy the tigers set up. One tall forward in Reid or Cox and surround him with smalls. Elliot Sidebottom WHE Wells and co will be expected to hold the ball in.

Their midfield does get their fair share of clearances but if they continue to move the ball as slow as they normally do with a one tall set up they will finish bottom 4

Last edited:

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think this is also a plus to try and attract Lynch from the Suns.

But for 2018 they will just copy the tigers set up. One tall forward in Reid or Cox and surround him with smalls. Elliot Sidebottom WHE Wells and co will be expected to hold the ball in.

Their midfield does get their fair share of clearances but if they continue to move then All as slow as they normally do with a one tall set up they will finish bottom 4

Yeh the jungle drums seem to be beating harder about lynch to the pies that’s for sure. That would make sense as to what they are doing this year.

Don’t want to think about where that leaves the suns. If he goes the are susceptible to collapse I reckon

Do you think they'll play in September? If so, those who backs them to make a PF or GF will make a profit, assuming of course their plan of attack is to lay them to make the GF on Betfair when their position in September is confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do you think they'll play in September? If so, those who backs them to make a PF or GF will make a profit, assuming of course their plan of attack is to lay them to make the GF on Betfair when their position in September is confirmed.

I think they could squeak in, and therefore not sure their price will contract too much from what it is now - about $13-$15 I think. They don't have a bottom six draw this year either, so it's easy to see them missing out if they get a few injuries.

I wouldn't put anyone off backing any team given the dogs and tigers came from the clouds the last two years, but I'd personally pick about ten other teams before the bombers. I can't see that midfield winning one final, let alone three or four.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Moore is playing down back - multiple sources and pies players confirmed.
So does Reid go fwd and play alongside cox ?
Interesting setup

What an odd decision. You're taking an extremely talented athlete who understood the forward craft and putting them in a less valuable position just because it wasnt working out for a season when he had no help.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What an odd decision. You're taking an extremely talented athlete who understood the forward craft and putting them in a less valuable position just because it wasnt working out for a season when he had no help.

I hope Moore leaves at the end of the season. He is a great CHB but forwards are harder to find and he is a serviceable modern athletic forward. It's not his fault they take so long to get the ball forward he could make himself a cup of tea.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I hope Moore leaves at the end of the season. He is a great CHB but forwards are harder to find and he is a serviceable modern athletic forward. It's not his fault they take so long to get the ball forward he could make himself a cup of tea.
And he had no other marking target to help him. So he was not only getting the best tall defender every week, but he was getting double-teamed on the lead sometimes.

It was the model approach for how to destroy a 20 year old's confidence.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And he had no other marking target to help him. So he was not only getting the best tall defender every week, but he was getting double-teamed on the lead sometimes.

It was the model approach for how to destroy a 20 year old's confidence.

Just like we do to our young forwards.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd take Darcy Moore in a heartbeat. And I wouldn't be having him in the backline.

He would cost a lot but would be well worth it.
With the defensive zone becoming the most common defence, tall marking forwards who are quick and have good disposal become more valuable. I would give a fair bit to get him to the dogs.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades

I’m pretty sure I read something a while back that Moore wanted to play in defense. It’d be a pretty big burden to play as the sole forward target as 20 year old, so I imagine he wants to ease the pressure a little bit. I don’t think this will be a long term thing, I still think he will end up playing forward down the track.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m pretty sure I read something a while back that Moore wanted to play in defense. It’d be a pretty big burden to play as the sole forward target as 20 year old, so I imagine he wants to ease the pressure a little bit. I don’t think this will be a long term thing, I still think he will end up playing forward down the track.

Would you want to play in the Pies forwar love the way they deliver the footy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back