No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I get irritated with the free kick Bulldogs crap too.

Sorry I don’t enjoy BF much anymore. I feel like I am the only one flying the flag sometimes, i don’t take kindly to the opposition putting our club down it makes me sick looking at simpering BF Bulldogs putting down the club on other boards, no wonder we get such little respect. I don’t know how MOC stands it. I love footy for the tribalism, but our tribe turns on each other a bit too much, so I barely post much these days.

It took me aback that my little comment got jumped on, when worse gets said.

It’s made me realise it’s time to move on.
Hang in there Drb. We need you.

Sorry I don’t enjoy BF much anymore. I feel like I am the only one flying the flag sometimes, i don’t take kindly to the opposition putting our club down it makes me sick looking at simpering BF Bulldogs putting down the club on other boards, no wonder we get such little respect. I don’t know how MOC stands it. I love footy for the tribalism, but our tribe turns on each other a bit too much, so I barely post much these days.

C'mon DRB. You're perspective is valued...not always agreed with, "liked" or even acknowledged...but valued nonetheless.

Last edited:

Just take a bit of a break. This place gets too serious at times. I don't post on other team boards and it's a rare occasion when I even look at the main board. However, I do like reading the melts on other team boards when they lose, especially one team in particular that we beat a few weeks ago. Try reading the Politics board. Them peoples is crazy! o_O

You think we are in a s**t spot at the moment ? Imagine being Essendon. Trading two first rounders for Shiel. 3 consecutive first rounders traded. A boat load of salary cap gone for mature players to be sitting right next to us down the ladder getting smashed by Richmond.

Brad Scott, during his press conference, kept mentioning "fresh air" and "blue skies". Since when is he a meteorologist? Is Jane Bunn's job in peril? I hope not.

The last time Essendon did this many hamstrings was mid season 2012....hmmm. Reckon they are back on the sauce?

They did all those muscle tears because they got word ASADA was coming fort hem and they stopped taking the peptides. The muscles had become accustomed to them by then and reacted to ot having the injections with tears and strains

They did all those muscle tears because they got word ASADA was coming fort hem and they stopped taking the peptides. The muscles had become accustomed to them by then and reacted to ot having the injections with tears and strains
Muscle tears are renown to occur on those who have taken anabolic substances as well. Apart from whale liver I would love to know what they actually took back then. They were big boys before they were found out by asada.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think we are in a **** spot at the moment ? Imagine being Essendon. Trading two first rounders for Shiel. 3 consecutive first rounders traded. A boat load of salary cap gone for mature players to be sitting right next to us down the ladder getting smashed by Richmond.
Yeah. It's great isn't it!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You think we are in a **** spot at the moment ? Imagine being Essendon. Trading two first rounders for Shiel. 3 consecutive first rounders traded. A boat load of salary cap gone for mature players to be sitting right next to us down the ladder getting smashed by Richmond.
... and in desperate need of a ruck but the best mature ruck outside the AFL was taken by Sydney just before them in the mid-season draft.

The fact that our draft position is actually STRONGER than the default (thanks to two extra thirds) after multiple years of brilliant drafting and some very decent acquisitions (especially Lloyd and Duryea), I'm actually really happy we have never "won" the trade period like Essendon have. We have an abundance of picks, a s**t load of cap space, and are performing just as good as Essendon right now

The fact that our draft position is actually STRONGER than the default (thanks to two extra thirds) after multiple years of brilliant drafting and some very decent acquisitions (especially Lloyd and Duryea), I'm actually really happy we have never "won" the trade period like Essendon have. We have an abundance of picks, a **** load of cap space, and are performing just as good as Essendon right now

Multiple years of brilliant drafting?

Please explain

Please explain
I'd say the only bad draft we've had in the last 6-7 years is 2015 and even then, Josh Dunkley is coming on in spades from that draft.

I'm assuming you disagree?

Please explain
2018 is too early to call, so no point addressing that. In 2017 we traded up into the first round in order to grab Richards along with Naughton (both great picks) along with Gowers in the rookie draft. The year before, we took English (19), Lipinski (28), Young (49) and Greene (70). In 2015, we took Dunkley (25), Collins (26, dud), Adams (35, got more in return when we traded him) and Williams (48, I know you don't like him, but he's objectively not a failed pick at least), along with Lynch in the rookie draft.

So we've got ourselves (without addressing the other random meaningless rookie picks):

GOOD
Tim English
Josh Dunkley
Ed Richards
Aaron Naughton
Billy Gowers (seems to be loved/hated by most, but he won our leading goalkicking last year which is great return for a first season rookie)

DEBATABLE
Pat Lipinski
Lewis Young
Fergus Greene
Marcus Adams
Bailey Williams
Brad Lynch

Of this list, I'd argue Lewis Young and Bailey Williams are both close to the "GOOD" category, while Lipinski and Greene have potential. Lynch who knows at this stage, but he was a rookie pick so no loss

BAD
Collins

That's a pretty solid drafting history the last 3 years (not including 2018 yet) without compromising our 2019 draft hand (i.e. we didn't trade future picks) to be one of the strongest of any side (partially because of our crap ladder position, but we do have those extra 3rds).

I'd say the only bad draft we've had in the last 6-7 years is 2015 and even then, Josh Dunkley is coming on in spades from that draft.

We still got Marcus Adams (Pick 35, later traded for Pick 32 and Hawks 2019 3rd, which is decent return), Bailey Williams (Pick 48) and Brad Lynch (Rookie Pick 11).

Given that we basically got an elite player (Dunkley), a decent project (Williams), a massive gamble at low price (Lynch) and an injury-prone potential gun who we turned a profit on (Adams) I wouldn't call it a "bad" draft. Average, maybe

Don’t think it’s been brilliant but it hasn’t been bad

Near every club has had the ability to draft mids, smalls and mediums of some quality

Our KP and ruck drafting is among the worst in the Comp

Don’t think it’s been brilliant but it hasn’t been bad

Near every club has had the ability to draft mids, smalls and mediums of some quality

Our KP and ruck drafting is among the worst in the Comp
You know who doesn't have KP or ruck issues?

Carlton.

Do you want to be Carlton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back