No Opposition Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VogonProsthetnic

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
AFL have scheduled the likely elimination final vs Adelaide for Mars stadium capacity 11k 1.10 pm on a Sunday mid August!

Definite scheduling fail there- they should put the Ballarat games early in the year.

Playing it round 23 is madness, probably they didn't expect us to be in contention.

At least will get a good crowd.

Braybrook Son

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
AFL have scheduled the likely elimination final vs Adelaide for Mars stadium capacity 11k 1.10 pm on a Sunday mid August!

Definite scheduling fail there- they should put the Ballarat games early in the year.

Playing it round 23 is madness, probably they didn't expect us to be in contention.

At least will get a good crowd.
At least they haven’t played there before, but I’m really worried about that game. We haven’t played great there and Crows played really good footy tonight v Eagles.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
We should beat Adelaide

They are slow and we should’ve able to kill them with fast ball movement
Depends on the conditions. If the ground is wet and heavy, it will slow us down and bring us back to Adelaide's terms, who train and play in those conditions most weeks. Be surprised if we even kick accurately at goal. Our defence will need to stand up the next two games if the midfield isn't able to drop back and help out

Mattdougie

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Depends on the conditions. If the ground is wet and heavy, it will slow us down and bring us back to Adelaide's terms, who train and play in those conditions most weeks. Be surprised if we even kick accurately at goal. Our defence will need to stand up the next two games if the midfield isn't able to drop back and help out
I’m normally the most pessimistic bloke(i know that hard to believe) but we have played twice in the rain this year and they are among our two best wins. Port and Lions

IF we get past the Plastics I’d say we are on such a high we put the crows away and do it easily regardless weather

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bresker

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2005
Brunswick East 3057
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wet Sham, BANGOR FC, Down
We've won 3 of last five, 6 of 9 since the bye. St Kilda had that new coach factor & came out firing - we dragged it back to a 4 goal loss. Brisbane are the form team of the comp and we kept them honest. Not many teams get on a roll in an even competition & we're still developing.

Bev knows how to flick the switch for finals.

GetDimmaBack

BigFooty Librarian
Mar 30, 2008
Gippsland via Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Phillip Island Dogs
Terry Wallace, on SEN, has just pointed out that Essendon has had one coach since 1969 who's taken them to a finals win.

Of course, that coach is Sheedy.

Ten other coaches have not!

Arrogant Essendon fans, meditate on that for a while...

Last edited:

Bont2Boyd

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Terry Wallace, on SEN, has just pointed out that Essendon has had one coach since 1969 who's taken them to a final.

Of course, that coach is Sheedy.

Ten other coaches have not!

Arrogant Essendon fans, meditate on that for a while...
I think you mean to have won a final?
They have played and lost finals under coaches other than Sheedy in that window. Most recently in 2017 for example, where they were smashed by Sydney in the EF by 65 points.

GetDimmaBack

BigFooty Librarian
Mar 30, 2008
Gippsland via Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Phillip Island Dogs
I think you mean to have won a final?
They have played and lost finals under coaches other than Sheedy in that window. Most recently in 2017 for example, where they were smashed by Sydney in the EF by 65 points.
Err, yeah. Fixed now.

Sorry about that.

Probably wrote what I did originally because that would have been even better.

Pseudo Freudian slip? :$

mcgleereturns

All Australian
Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
True, although I seem to remember a string of wins some time around September 2016...anyone remember what happened?
We lost last game and won four in a row, which historically is about our limit on games in a row. We will have to win 7 in a row to win flag, something we’ve never done in AFL era, only once in 1987 and amazingly in 1945-6! we had our greatest streaks of 8/9 games. In most of our successful years though, 4-5 in a row has been our sweet spot. So time for Bevo’s boys to create more history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We lost last game and won four in a row, which historically is about our limit on games in a row. We will have to win 7 in a row to win flag, something we’ve never done in AFL era, only once in 1987 and amazingly in 1945-6! we had our greatest streaks of 8/9 games. In most of our successful years though, 4-5 in a row has been our sweet spot. So time for Bevo’s boys to create more history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom