No Opposition Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Virgin Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It really does make me laugh seeing how much stock some people put into supposed "ITKs" on BigFooty. Just take the Carlton "Bluemour" thread for example. The entire latest page of that thread is entirely wrong. I legitimately can't see a single rumour that ended up being correct, yet people still orgasm over the crap they read from these guys. Some of their most popular "ITKs" have been exposed as outright lying in the past, but people still gobble that shit up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont2Bruce

At the Destination Club
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I know it's a Bulldogs only thread but I was hoping you could help me out.

On the surface Garlick looks a good appointment but was the reason for his departure from you guys.

Seem to have a feeling it was a messy finish?

You also won the flag the year after he left, did he play a role in laying the foundations or was it him leaving being the catalyst.
Garlick was CEO when the club signed off on our failed development called Edgewater. His predecessor would have also been involved, but in the 2013 club announcement, Garlick was congratulated by the President for his work in getting the project to commence construction.

There may be other reasons for his departure, but I think this would have been right up there. The club went through a lot of changes over the 2014/15 off-season. New coach and new CEO.

We won the flag essentially 2 years after he left (January 2015) and I don't think he had anything to do with our premiership success.

goodcop badcop

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

On the surface Garlick looks a good appointment but was the reason for his departure from you guys.

You also won the flag the year after he left, did he play a role in laying the foundations or was it him leaving being the catalyst.
He got our VFL stand alone side up and going which I think has been very important in developing the players and one of the keys to our success. Good for the fans he brought the Footscray name back to our VFL side too I guess.

He stuffed up Edgewater as mentioned above though.

Northernsoul74

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It really does make me laugh seeing how much stock some people put into supposed "ITKs" on BigFooty. Just take the Carlton "Bluemour" thread for example. The entire latest page of that thread is entirely wrong. I legitimately can't see a single rumour that ended up being correct, yet people still orgasm over the crap they read from these guys. Some of their most popular "ITKs" have been exposed as outright lying in the past, but people still gobble that shit up
North are the worst. They seem to have about 20 of them that have yet to be right on anything.

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He got our VFL stand alone side up and going which I think has been very important in developing the players and one of the keys to our success. Good for the fans he brought the Footscray name back to our VFL side too I guess.

He stuffed up Edgewater as mentioned above though.
To be fair, BMac was also one of the prime movers in setting up our VFL club.

Hard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He was reappointed to the board earlier this year so we were on good terms and obviously still rated what he brought to the table.

Dogs Rule

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Feel a bit sorry for Mike Sheahan around this time of year. Every year he has to defend his dopey son Tony after he's called out for making shit up.
What does junior Sheahan do these days anyway? Disappeared off the radar.

mambavino

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, LA Lakers
What does junior Sheahan do these days anyway? Disappeared off the radar.
I’ve wondered the same thing. He doesn’t appear to have a full time employer in the footy media. But seems to still pop up on SEN at this time of year. I assume that is really just a favour to his dad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hutchy31

Premiership Player
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t believe 90% of these trade reports, but if Dodoro is really asking for Parker, Heeney or Blakey back in the Daniher trade he’s lost his marbles. What a stupid way to do business, would be like someone asking us for Bont, Macrae or Naughton. Obviously won’t happen and just pisses people off when you waste time.

That said, at least he’s finally trying to get someone into the club that can win their own ball - been the most glaring list deficiency in the AFL for years.

LittleG

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t believe 90% of these trade reports, but if Dodoro is really asking for Parker, Heeney or Blakey back in the Daniher trade he’s lost his marbles. What a stupid way to do business, would be like someone asking us for Bont, Macrae or Naughton. Obviously won’t happen and just pisses people off when you waste time.

That said, at least he’s finally trying to get someone into the club that can win their own ball - been the most glaring list deficiency in the AFL for years.
Please don’t suggest anywhere that the bummers need inside mids. Please please please.

It’s been great watching their list building team deliver a second rate comedy club list for the last decade. Long may it continue.

WallyStringhaus

All Australian
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know we are set to benefit from them in 2020 but these academies in their current format stink to high hell.

I'm all for academies being setup in non aussie rules states and regional communities to allow these kids a path to the AFL but they should not be aligned to clubs.

The draft should be sacrosanct. The romance of the father/son is a nice touch and unusual for a pro sport but outside of that, clubs should be able to draft the most talented kids regardless of where they are from.

The draft is becoming far too compromised for my liking. Unless you live in metropolitan Perth, Adelaide or Melbourne you are pretty much guaranteed to stay in your home state. Good for the players and their families, not so good for the integrity of the competition.

LittleG

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know we are set to benefit from them in 2020 but these academies in their current format stink to high hell.

I'm all for academies being setup in non aussie rules states and regional communities to allow these kids a path to the AFL but they should not be aligned to clubs.

The draft should be sacrosanct. The romance of the father/son is a nice touch and unusual for a pro sport but outside of that, clubs should be able to draft the most talented kids regardless of where they are from.

The draft is becoming far too compromised for my liking. Unless you live in metropolitan Perth, Adelaide or Melbourne you are pretty much guaranteed to stay in your home state. Good for the players and their families, not so good for the integrity of the competition.
My family have been in Australia for over 6 generations.... my wife was born overseas.... my kids are eligible to be academy prospects. Luckily both born in the Bulldogs zone.

The academy system is broken. Truly broken.

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
My family have been in Australia for over 6 generations.... my wife was born overseas.... my kids are eligible to be academy prospects. Luckily both born in the Bulldogs zone.

Yet another half-arsed AFL solution that they haven't bothered applying any intellectual rigour to.

...again and again and again.

The Buck

Debutant
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Six generations is a long way back. Over six generations is a very long way back. Not trying to be funny but were your people on the first fleet?

Top Bottom