No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, they came bloody close to the Coleman last year. That's about it though.
True.

Can't say any Bulldog fan would be too shattered on not adding a Coleman given in recent years we've added an AFL flag, 2 x VFL flags, an AFLW flag and back in 2010 a pe-season cup which featured a huge Barry Hall bicep bulge after celebrating a goal.

True.

Can't say any Bulldog fan would be too shattered on not adding a Coleman given in recent years we've added an AFL flag, 2 x VFL flags, an AFLW flag and back in 2010 a pe-season cup which featured a huge Barry Hall bicep bulge after celebrating a goal.

And I wouldn't be too surprised if Naughton picked up a Coleman down the line.

North Melbourne have achieved nothing for two decades.

This may sound like a harsh and blunt statement but the reality is that the Kangaroos have not made any additions to their trophy cabinet for 20 years, either for the team or individual players.

North last made the grand final in 1999, so they obviously have never won a premiership or finished runner up since then. They have not headed the ladder since 1998, so no McLelland trophy for winning the minor premiership. The night or pre-season premiership has not been held since 2013, but North did not win one of these after 1998. At the other end of the scale North Melbourne have not finished last for decades, so no wooden spoons either.

On the individual front, the last Kangaroo players to win any major awards are as follows. Brownlow Medal - Ross Glendinning 1983. Coleman Medal (leading goal kicker) - John Longmire 1990. AFL Rising Star - Byron Pickett 1998. Norm Smith Medal - Shannon Grant 1999.

It is very rare for a team not to win any team or individual awards in a decade. Richmond was one example in the 1990s, but North have done it in both the 2000s and 2010s.

We've never won the McLelland trophy in our entire VFL/AFL existence, let alone the last 20 years.

Preuss had a meniscus tear yesterday, just had it operated, out for 8-10 weeks. Gawn already had a knee scare recently, that would be Melbourne's season already well and truly cooked if both go down before the season even starts

I know Preuss is a bit of a spud (big bloke with worse hands than Schache) but he's the best backup to Gawn they have

Preuss had a meniscus tear yesterday, just had it operated, out for 8-10 weeks. Gawn already had a knee scare recently, that would be Melbourne's season already well and truly cooked if both go down before the season even starts

I know Preuss is a bit of a spud (big bloke with worse hands than Schache) but he's the best backup to Gawn they have

Melbourne supporters: "see we knew what we were doing drafting a 199cm ruck at pick 3!"

Last edited:
Suck s**t Essendon hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahhaahahhaahahahah

The list manager extraordinare won trade week again. Kept Daniher despite first round picks on offer (let's not forget, Sydney's best offer for Daniher was pick nine and their future first-round selection hahahahaahahaha). Now look :D. He'll be sinking pints at The Napier with an unmatched passion while his injuries take 12 months to 'heal'.

The king of player retention now has this LOL.

I cant, it is too good. Adrian Dodoro, I salute you.

Last edited:
I seriously can't wait to see Essendon finish bottom 4 this year. The cheating *s got away so lightly after a club-wide organised drug cheating program. Carlton copped it way worse for a salary cap breach, and were sent into a downward spiral that they're only really recovering from properly now.

I'll enjoy every minute of Essendon struggling this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The part about leaving to win a flag at North isn't true.

There are a few articles where he speaks about that specifically, and alluding to the main reason why he left being that McCartney was pushing him out (including dropping him late in the season). The club may have been justified in doing that given his career was stagnating at the time, but he's definitely improved since leaving. He's won 2 BnFs and also finished 3rd in a season where they made a prelim.

Have it on very good advice he simply left for the money and to play in a role he wanted to play in. Classic free agency move. North wanted him more than we did. I never rated him (still think he is injury prone and soft) but it was an unemotional departure with no lingering loyalty to our club. The guy is a mercenary and there are plenty of them around nowadays. I wouldn’t want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back