No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melbourne stooged by that HTB before - ball was being held to him and one arm pinned so had no hope of getting rid of it. Goal Richmond

Strange that Richmond are leaving some younger players in Victoria because they aren’t likely to be used doesn’t seem like a great message to send much prefer the way our club is handling it with everyone going. Gives the opportunity to create a deeper bond between the players

Jon Ralph just re ported Dogs fly out 1pm tomorrow, staying at same resort as Norf and Carlton (!)

Not 100% sure but seemed to say all players on the list will be going.

Some young project players too. Assuming Biggy Nyuon, Thomson Dow, Fraser Turner, maybe Riley Collier-Dawkins depending on whether they think he's up to a game.
Crazy you wouldn't bring these guys when they already have some older blokes not going, who knows what injuries may hit. They can't bring anyone up if that's the case would need to quarantine on there own again.
Not to mention the message they're sending to them. Train as well as you like you're not getting a game anytime soon way to fill them with confidence

Jon Ralph just re ported Dogs fly out 1pm tomorrow, staying at same resort as Norf and Carlton (!)

Only one I could imagine would stay back would be Garcia. (Not including guys staying for family reasons)

Kysaiah Pickett just launched for a giant hanger on a teammates shoulder and didn't get a hand on it. Richmond get a free for unrealistic attempt although no Tiger was touched. One of the more bizarre decisions I've ever seen.
There is no rule, if he doesn’t interfere with anyone, play on. Some umpires don’t have imaginations, can’t see the bigger picture.

Watching the Tigers versus Dees. If I were a young recruit, the last club I would want to be drafted by is Melbourne FC. What do they stand for, seriously? They always seem to have one or more very high draft picks, and are constantly in the mix for decent players during the draft period. And yet they are perpetually uninspiring. They should be better, but almost never are. A real conundrum of a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Tigers versus Dees. If I were a young recruit, the last club I would want to be drafted by is Melbourne FC. What do they stand for, seriously? They always seem to have one or more very high draft picks, and are constantly in the mix for decent players during the draft period. And yet they are perpetually uninspiring. They should be better, but almost never are. A real conundrum of a club.

Just finished saying exactly that to the other half.

Pretty sure Bruce said on the footy show this morning that everyone was going and bevo said the same I think, plus 6 players have been allowed to bring their families

Main issue is that they have too many butchers of the ball. Petracca is the only one I trust with it. Kills them so often.

Speaking to AFL Nation, Dogs skipper Easton Wood confirmed he would take his family to the Gold Coast hub, with the club planning to fly out on Monday.

“I’m going to take my wife and my daughter along up there with us and a few of the boys are bringing their family as well, he said

Their coach seems very uninspiring. Looks lost.

Culture.
I have had multiple friends get drafted by that club (brothers of friends or school friends). They all wanted to leave but struggled to find clubs who wanted them.
The main issue they had was the focus wasn’t about maximising improvement. IF they had a training session without much energy, none of the senior players or coaches would call a halt, have stern words and drive a higher standard. When one did, he said he was overruled by other players. It was round 20, their season was over, he cleaned out his locker prior to round 22 and turned down their contract. Later, Roos got some things going in the right direction but things are heading back to where they were.

It is telling that some assistant coaches turned down invitations for interviews there. The industry knows it isn’t a prime job but when bringing in players, they do get out the cheque book and make it difficult to say no.

Clayton Oliver is over rated

Tigers are not the same and having some injuries after being kissed on the d!ck for 3 years

Main issue is that they have too many butchers of the ball. Petracca is the only one I trust with it. Kills them so often.
Yup. Oliver was terrible by foot today. His turnover from a free kick in the middle with a few minutes left crippled any hope Melbourne had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back