No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Oliver was terrible by foot today. His turnover from a free kick in the middle with a few minutes left crippled any hope Melbourne had.

Must’ve had 5 clangers from 8 kicks. And it wasn’t like they were kicks where he took a big risk to open up play, they were mostly 15m chip kicks.

It’s all of them though. Every time they get some momentum they’d do a dumb turnover that’d undo all their work. Think Tomlinson had one where he kicked it 20m sideways to a 3 on 1 for Richmond. Must be hard to support them when it’s the same story week after week and they never seem to learn.

Melbourne gifting Norf a potential top 4 pick this year is completely inexcusable. They’re rotten to the core. So inept.

What the hell is going on with all these syndesmosis injuries? Stringer did one on Friday night and now Prestia and Nankervis. Were there any others? Is this unusual or am I just noticing them more because we have done two so far?

What the hell is going on with all these syndesmosis injuries? Stringer did one on Friday night and now Prestia and Nankervis. Were there any others? Is this unusual or am I just noticing them more because we have done two so far?
seems like there's definitely more of them happening. I think there's one or two others from other clubs that I can't remember right now.

Strange one.

Melbourne are so s**t and it’s glorious. You can just tell they’ll never be good.

Almost all their players just look happy being afl footballers. They get their Instagram followers, drink cards and babe girlfriends. They’d be happy with that, looks like they don’t even care about winning games.

Oh and Clayton Oliver is the most overrated player of the last 20 years. Don’t care if you get it 40 times. Most of them are s**t handballs to a bloke under pressure and he can’t kick. Like not “afl standard can’t kick”... I mean he genuinely can’t kick. That turnover in the last minutes was worse than under 12s standard.

viney, brayshaw, oliver, langdon... 4 of their best 5 midfielders are absolute dogshit by foot. Petracca has been a beast this year tho.

Traded the Ben King pick for a 28 year old May and already traded this years pick.

They won’t be much chop for a long time.

Melbourne are so sh*t and it’s glorious. You can just tell they’ll never be good.

Almost all their players just look happy being afl footballers. They get their Instagram followers, drink cards and babe girlfriends. They’d be happy with that, looks like they don’t even care about winning games.

Years ago, I had a fleeting period of personal insight into some of the Melbourne FC playing group. It was during the Northey era, and what I learned made my jaw drop at the unprofessionalism of it all. Let's just say that your comments resonated with what I know, and it came as no surprise that they were thumped by 96 points in the 1988 grand final. You'd think that culture change was possible over a period of 30 years. However, it does raise an interesting point. To what extent is 'culture' stamped into the DNA of a football club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Years ago, I had a fleeting period of personal insight into some of the Melbourne FC playing group. It was during the Northey era, and what I learned made my jaw drop at the unprofessionalism of it all. Let's just say that your comments resonated with what I know, and it came as no surprise that they were thumped by 96 points in the 1988 grand final. You'd think that culture change was possible over a period of 30 years. However, it does raise an interesting point. To what extent is 'culture' stamped into the DNA of a football club?
This is going to sound like a ridiculous comment, but I'd say, it is until it isn't.
That is, the negative culture of a club will remain until there is a circuit breaker - Board members, coaches and leaders driving innovation and change. Then that becomes the new culture.

30 years is a long time, but the crossover of players isn't that significant. The players fit the club culture and the cycle continues as they drive the existing norms and values.

This is going to sound like a ridiculous comment, but I'd say, it is until it isn't.
That is, the negative culture of a club will remain until there is a circuit breaker - Board members, coaches and leaders driving innovation and change. Then that becomes the new culture.

30 years is a long time, but the crossover of players isn't that significant. The players fit the club culture and the cycle continues as they drive the existing norms and values.
To put it in perspective, Nathan Jones played along side David Neitz who debuted in 1993.

Yep. I’ve got some mutual friends of players at the club and they just live in a different universe to other clubs. Was similar at the Saints but it sounds like they’ve changed down there.

the attitude Melbourne players have is so bad it isn’t funny.

Never have I heard so many Melbourne supporters calling talkback as I have last night and especially today.

They have been savage of Goodwin and many calling for his head.

One even mentioned us - 'Bulldogs are having a go' indicating that the Dees aren't.:smile:

Well, what's the first thing you think of when your team loses ?
Yeah, but you don't mention an opposition team that's 'having a go'. I just thought it was a positive statement that an opposition supporter pointed to us as a good example of what they would like their team to be.

Apologies. I'll remain negative from now on.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back