No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, if he gets his s**t together (which I know is a huge if), and becomes fit, it will become clear how badly we cocked that up.
And if he doesn't?

GWS National Draft (2011 to 2014)

-2011-
1- Jonathon Patton #
2- Stephen Coniglio #
3- Dom Tyson Melbourne
4- Will Hoskin-Elliott Collingwood
5- Matthew Buntine #
7- Nick Haynes #
9- Adam Tomlinson #
10- Liam Sumner Carlton-Gone
11- Toby Greene #
13- Taylor Adams Collingwood
14- Devon Smith Essendon
56- Tom Downie Gone
79- Setanta O'hailpin Gone
87- James McDonald Gone

-2012-
1- Lachie Whitfield #
2- Jonathon O'Rourke Hawthorn
3- Lachlan Plowman Carlton
12- Kristian Jaksch Carlton-Gone
14- Aidan Corr #
27- James Stewart Essendon
83- Sam Frost Melbourne
97- Andrew Phillips Carlton

-2013-
1- Tom Boyd Bulldogs
2- Josh Kelly #
14- Cameron McCarthy Fremantle
29- Rory Lobb #
95- Zach Williams #

-2014-
4- Jarrod Pickett Carlton
6- Caleb Marchbank Carlton
7- Paul Ahern North Melbourne
23- Patrick McKenna Melbourne
24- Jack Steele St Kilda
85- Jeremy Findlayson #

So 33 Players Taken
For 11 Players Retained
Hence the dawn of the academy.

Note- This is only the National Draft the reality is worse !

And if he doesn't?
If he remains like this season and never really matures then sure, we didn't make a bad trade. Considering his ceiling and his ability it's an awful trade. He's a far better player than Schache even now.

Considering what they ended up giving up ASWELL as stringer, if they liked Richards as much as they did, they didn't really have to give up stringer to make that work.

If he remains like this season and never really matures then sure, we didn't make a bad trade. Considering his ceiling and his ability it's an awful trade. He's a far better player than Schache even now.

Considering what they ended up giving up ASWELL as stringer, if they liked Richards as much as they did, they didn't really have to give up stringer to make that work.
Still, all of your assessments as to the relative merit of the trade are based on judgements of Stringer's performance that can't be made yet. Stringer's hypothetical ceiling etc mean nothing - it all comes down to judgements that can't be made for years yet. Unless of course Stringer immediately becomes a model player and reverts to his All Australian form, which isn't happening yet.

Still, all of your assessments as to the relative merit of the trade are based on judgements of Stringer's performance that can't be made yet. Stringer's hypothetical ceiling etc mean nothing - it all comes down to judgements that can't be made for years yet. Unless of course Stringer immediately becomes a model player and reverts to his All Australian form, which isn't happening yet.
Thats fair enough. The concerning thing is we knew he had that ability, yet got such a scratchy return for him at the bottom of his value.

We pressed the 'give up' button (rightly or wrongly) on a forward with a glut of personal problems, confidence issues, and a lack of workrate, yet were more than happy to trade in Schache with a glut of personal problems, confidence issues, and even less workrate.

Thats fair enough. The concerning thing is we knew he had that ability, yet got such a scratchy return for him at the bottom of his value.

We pressed the 'give up' button (rightly or wrongly) on a forward with a glut of personal problems, confidence issues, and a lack of workrate, yet were more than happy to trade in Schache with a glut of personal problems, confidence issues, and even less workrate.

Workrate?
It's one of his great attributes. Does heaps of running for a guy his size. You obviously don't watch players away from the ball. Do it one week and then recant your sledge.

Schache doesn’t have workrate issues, we don’t exactly have a large number of pure key forwards and Schache by the scheme of things isn’t a campaigner.

The Schache trade is the last of our issues.

Don’t get me wrong I see the intensity/physicality issues but I think that’s is able to improve. I think Boyd has made some strides in terms of physicality so I think Schache should be able to do so.

Not sure why we made him lose weight I’d like to see him gain some muscle.

Workrate?
It's one of his great attributes. Does heaps of running for a guy his size. You obviously don't watch players away from the ball. Do it one week and then recant your sledge.
Im not sledging him at all.

I watched plenty of schache away from the ball this week and he was incredibly passive, lacked intensity in his running, and ball watched. He does not attack the football. There is a reason he spent large chunks of time never getting near it in Brisbane. Its not a lack of natural talent or foot skills or running ability for his size.

Watch the tape from the first opportunity he had at AFL level on friday night and tell me if it looked like he wanted the ball to go near him.

Im not sledging him at all.

I watched plenty of schache away from the ball this week and he was incredibly passive, lacked intensity in his running, and ball watched. He does not attack the football. There is a reason he spent large chunks of time never getting near it in Brisbane. Its not a lack of natural talent or foot skills or running ability for his size.

Watch the tape from the first opportunity he had at AFL level on friday night and tell me if it looked like he wanted the ball to go near him.

That's confidence. He looked a bit overawed. It happens in front of rabid crowds.

Needs to play and gain that confidence and belief in himself.

That's confidence. He looked a bit overawed. It happens in front of rabid crowds.

Needs to play and gain that confidence and belief in himself.
Don't get me wrong. Im not completely writing him off.

His mentality needs to change though. Looks the same timid player he was at brisbane. He wont get the ball enough to stay in AFL teams unless he wants it and hunts it. The delivery inside 50 and shot for goal on friday night show a decent amount of silk when he does get it.

Are we really still going on about Stringer? I don't give a **** about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are going nowhere, they’re so middling despite having a handful of good players in their prime plus a good mix of experience and youth.

Might be due for a "complacent" week.

Dees have a history of doing that!

Hopefully the dont get back from Alice coz if they do we are in a world of trouble.

We struggle with these blokes when we are going ok, I legit see a 3 figure loss coming.

Last edited:
I fear what will happen to us next week. Genuine fear.

It's been a long time since I've gone into a game without hope. It's kinda sad.

I want to have hope, but it's getting harder and harder.

I hate this feeling right now.

Cheer up fella’s. Honey and Campbell back this week. Gowers of course - formidable. I bet they are shitting themselves on their board.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back