Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves
100000000% disagree we as fans have some right to know what players do In their own time.

Does your employee drug test you? Do they have right to know everything you do coz they pay your salary?

When I was bus driving while I wasn't drug tested I did have to sign acknowledgement that I had no alcohol or drugs in my system.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If they were taking drugs in the change rooms it would not be ok. But as long as they wait half an hour and go off and do it somewhere else, its ok?

No illegal is illegal. Society has said its not ok. But thankfully society also hasn't forced compulsory drug testing on everyone either. So society says drugs arent ok but forced and invasive drug testing is not okay either

As an alternative viewpoint contemplate being legally compelled into pissing into a jar in front of a stranger for no good reason. its pretty humiliating and I doubt you'd like it. Or worse having your drug free wife, sister or child compelled to be drug tested on a regular basis. Maybe think about that before proclaiming your 'right' to have people drug tested.

Society will likely eventually get to the point where privacy and individual rights and freedom of choice are almost completely sacrificed for the 'greater good' - eg a drug and violence free but sterile society. Fairly happy i wont be around to see it happen.

No illegal is illegal. Society has said its not ok. But thankfully society also hasn't forced compulsory drug testing on everyone either. So society says drugs arent ok but forced and invasive drug testing is not okay either

As an alternative viewpoint contemplate being legally compelled into pissing into a jar in front of a stranger for no good reason. its pretty humiliating and I doubt you'd like it. Or worse having your drug free wife, sister or child compelled to be drug tested on a regular basis. Maybe think about that before proclaiming your 'right' to have people drug tested.

Society will likely eventually get to the point where privacy and individual rights and freedom of choice are almost completely sacrificed for the 'greater good' - eg a drug and violence free but sterile society. Fairly happy i wont be around to see it happen.
Well what is the answer then? I guess people who have family members ****ed up with drugs or have their homes broken into by smackheads will be happy if something is done about the drug problem.
Anyway, my drug free wife, sister or child are not being paid megabucks to have their bodies in top shape to perform for their clubs.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well what is the answer then? I guess people who have family members ****** up with drugs or have their homes broken into by smackheads will be happy if something is done about the drug problem.
Anyway, my drug free wife, sister or child are not being paid megabucks to have their bodies in top shape to perform for their clubs.

I don't have the answers, but I don't like compulsory drug testing. Nor do I like the idea of unfettered drug abuse. As Sam Murray showed, if someone is using too often or near a game, then the PED game day testing will identify the problem and suspend them.

Because we pay someone heaps is no justification for anything and hypocritical unless you want every high paid worker drug tested.

And far, far, far better paid athletes than footy players (in fact most of the pro athletes in the world) manage to keep themselves in shape without compulsory rec drug testing in and out of season - why are our footy players so special (Other than living in the most over regulated country in the world)?

I see no reason why footy players should be treated differently from most professional sportspeople or high paid people and be forced to be tested for rec drugs.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks for the explanation. I will know next time I see it.
I did an off season study looking at the effects certain game styles have in a purely statistical sense on
other teams they have the wood over. It was very interesting and took a long time as it is for every
team and every game no matter the quality. I got used to using kick to handball ratios and other ratios
so that is why they appeared just force of habit, i don't usually post the good stuff.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When I was bus driving while I wasn't drug tested I did have to sign acknowledgement that I had no alcohol or drugs in my system.

As I’ve said people in jobs that can endanger others should be tested.

A bus driver clearly had other people’s lives in their hands.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
West Coast: 15-9-99 (434) (28.93)
Geelong: 8-17-65 (379) (47.38)

Identical Handballs, West Coast kick fest, no Tom Hawkins.

West Coast: Darling 5, O Allen 3, Ryan 2, Sheed 1, Vardy 1, Rioli 1, Petrucelle 1, Cameron 1.

Geelong: Parfitt 3, Dangerfield 1, Miers 1, Z Guthrie 1, J Selwood 1, Narkle 1.

3 x rushed behinds each.

West Coast: 15-9-99 (434) (28.93)
Geelong: 8-17-65 (379) (47.38)

Identical Handballs, West Coast kick fest, no Tom Hawkins.

West Coast: Darling 5, O Allen 3, Ryan 2, Sheed 1, Vardy 1, Rioli 1, Petrucelle 1, Cameron 1.

Geelong: Parfitt 3, Dangerfield 1, Miers 1, Z Guthrie 1, J Selwood 1, Narkle 1.

3 x rushed behinds each.

Geelong played a young team to be fair, although West coast’s youngster stood up.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda: 15-12-102 (338) (22.53)
North Melbourne: 11-11-77 (461) (41.91)

North- 221 Kicks, 240 Handballs. (Yuck) :eek:
Hit Outs- North 58, St Kilda 12.

St Kilda: Steele 2, Billings 2, Membrey 2, McCartin 2, Kent 2, Parker 2, Battle 1,
Phillips 1, Gresham 1.

North: Larkey 2, Atley 2, Brown 1, Turner 1, Ziebell 1, Murphy 1, BTC Campbell 1,
Pittard 1, Goldstein 1.

Burn the tape, too hot for football..

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide: 16-10-106 (428) (26.75)
Port Adelaide: 14-5-89 (347) (24.79)

Adelaide 58.18% Kicks, 41.82% Handball. Port Adelaide 52.60 Kicks, 47.40% Handballs.
Port- 2 x players over 70 points, Zac Butters top scorer.
Adel- 11 x players over 70 points, 5 x 100 plus scores.

Adel- Betts 4, Lynch 2, Knight 2, Fogarty 2, B Crouch 1, Atkins 1, Milera 1, Seedsman 1,
Walker 1, Jones 1.

Port- Ebert 2, Motlop 2, Rozee 2, Westhoff 2, Boak 1, Ryder 1, Amon 1, Mayes 1, Drew 1,
Duursma 1.

Nice weather not hot, flattering efficiency for Port poor volume, late rally.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
hey guys sorry if this is the wrong spot to put this but idk where else delete it if its not ok but with Round 1 coming up im looking to get tickets for the game and are all the tickets on sale? because im looking on ticket master and there is only a few L1 sections available on the Swans side surely its not a sellout right? like i was hoping for something more with dogs supporters

1551882953448.png

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
hey guys sorry if this is the wrong spot to put this but idk where else delete it if its not ok but with Round 1 coming up im looking to get tickets for the game and are all the tickets on sale? because im looking on ticket master and there is only a few L1 sections available on the Swans side surely its not a sellout right? like i was hoping for something more with dogs supporters

View attachment 630612

Doesn't seem right. Unless its a final, no way's we'd draw 48,000 to a game featuring an interstate team.

Could be wrong, but form experience of heaps of game son level three and walking past those areas. Isn't those blue areas normally Ticketmaster reserved seating? If so, then probably explains the limited sections.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going off the Cats board they must’ve only watched Dahl for the first time on the weekend.

I love Dahl, but they’re only just realising he isn’t a forwards a-hole... the boy needs to play mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back