No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given you didn't specify which 4 dogwatch (and there's only 8 btw!), my mind boggles as to what combination of 4 that is! :D
You're right there are only 8. So I got 50% - that's a pass, right?

Haha ... which ones? But, that'd be telling, wouldn't it.

I'm pretty sure a few here have me well beaten.

The metres gained mafia has dropped to 13 Players after four rounds with the great and all
powerful Marcus Bontempelli moving up to number three on the list of 13. Bontempelli is
now the only representative from the Bulldogs in the mafia and is at Winx like odds for
the Brownlow Medal.
You backed Winx for the Brownlow? That'd be a nightmare ... if you'll pardon the expression.

Kick To Handball Ratio (Ladder after four rounds)

Rank 1: Eagles (+ 487)
Rank 2: Blues (+ 404)
Rank 3: Lions (+ 314)
Rank 4: Dockers (+ 306)
Rank 5: Tigers (+ 305)
Rank 6: Giants (+ 293)
Rank 7: Suns (+ 288)
Rank 8: Demons (+ 281)

Rank 9: Cats (+ 277)
Rank = 9: Magpies (+ 277)
Rank 10: Hawks (+ 272)
Rank 11: Bombers (+ 263)
Rank 12: Swans (+ 253)
Rank 13: Saints (+ 234)
Rank = 13: Power (+ 234)
Rank 14: Bulldogs (+ 225)
Rank 15: Crows (+ 211)
Rank 16: Kangaroos (+ 143)

Disposal Total (Ladder after four rounds)

Rank 1: Power (1,630)
Rank 2: Magpies (1,627)
Rank 3: Bulldogs (1,569)
Rank 4: Crows (1,542)
Rank 5: Giants (1,540)
Rank 6: Kangaroos (1,539)
Rank 7: Swans (1,530)
Rank 8: Lions (1,522)

Rank 9: Dockers (1,500)
Rank 10: Saints (1,493)
Rank 11: Suns (1,464)
Rank 12: Hawks (1,457)
Rank 13: Bombers (1,445)
Rank 14: Cats (1,436)
Rank 15: Blues (1,428)
Rank 16: Eagles (1,393)
Rank 17: Demons (1,369)
Rank 17: Tigers (1,358)

Well there it is a very revealing journey through four rounds of greatness.

Speaking of four rounds of greatness well done Tiger Woods, even I shed a tear.

No MD, No! This will go ****- up by noon

Lol nah it’s all good I’m not saying Folau is right or wrong just that if we allow religious freedom we have to allow freedom to express that religion good or bad. We cannot sanitise the entire world

I can’t stand organised religion it’s one of the root cores of nearly most evil on this earth.

Lol nah it’s all good I’m not saying Folau is right or wrong just that if we allow religious freedom we have to allow freedom to express that religion good or bad. We cannot sanitise the entire world

I can’t stand organised religion it’s one of the root cores of nearly most evil on this earth.

Surely you recognise the difference between religious freedom, and freedom of speech? We do not have a right to the latter in Australia - and this is something Folau specifically does not have a right to in this instance (I believe he has broken the law).

The right to not be attacked/vilified supersedes any religious freedom. To use a crude example, you could say that freedom of religion entails being able to perpetrate terrorist attacks as that is an expression of some religious beliefs.

Surely you recognise the difference between religious freedom, and freedom of speech? We do not have a right to the latter in Australia - and this is something Folau specifically does not have a right to in this instance (I believe he has broken the law).

The right to not be attacked/vilified supersedes any religious freedom. To use a crude example, you could say that freedom of religion entails being able to perpetrate terrorist attacks as that is an expression of some religious beliefs.

True but you can’t allow one religion to openly condone its hatred of homosexuality and encourage their persecution and another not to simply because it’s less “tolerant”.

If someone is following the teachings of religion that we allow in this country you cannot then turn around and not condone parts of it that some disagree with.

I do not believe there is anywhere in the bible or the Koran that encourages anyone to attack innocent people and murder them for religious reasons. That is an extremist extention of the writings. In both the bible and the Koran it states that homosexuality is a sin. Whether WE agree with that or not that is part of their belief system and has been for centuries.

in a free society people have the right to disagree and not accept what others do. Folau is a devoutly religious man who clearly has strong beliefs taught over his entire life. I haven’t seen any celebrity vegans lose their jobs when they abuse “carnists” in god awful ways.

We are losing Far too many rights simply because they hurt someone’s feelings. You do know 99% of gay people do not give a toss what Foluas thinks or says? There would be more straight SJWs concerned about that than gay people.

Last edited:

I’d be extremely surprised if Folau’s post is in contravention of the law. What law do you think he’s broken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In both the bible and the Koran it states that homosexuality is a sin. Whether WE agree with that or not that is part of their belief system and has been for centuries.
The Bible and Quran also make plenty of mention of bigamy and slavery too, but while those were accepted over 1000 years ago, they are no longer tolerated in our current society.

I find it bizarre that some people can read historical religious texts and try to apply a selection of what used to be historical social norms to today's social norms while leaving out others.

FWIW, I'm guilty as charged on 4 of the 8 too. Except that I am living in 2019 and not over a thousand years ago so I don't care how I would have been perceived by society a long time ago.

The Bible and Quran also make plenty of mention of bigamy and slavery too, but while those were accepted over 1000 years ago, they are no longer tolerated in our current society.

I find it bizarre that some people can read historical religious texts and try to apply a selection of what used to be historical social norms to today's social norms while leaving out others.

I’m not arguing any of it is acceptable am I? No I made that quite apparent several times but nice attempt.

I’m not arguing any of it is acceptable am I? No I made that quite apparent several times but nice attempt.
Wow, you're getting defensive about someone who agrees with you on this subject. No attempt was made to do anything other than extend the discussion from your previous post.

That said, as someone guilty of about half the things Folau listed, I DGAF - hell doesnt exist lol.

You've never been to Detroit, have you?

And Dangerfield should have been wiped out for 5 weeks. :devil:

Wow, you're getting defensive about someone who agrees with you on this subject. No attempt was made to do anything other than extend the discussion from your previous post.

Fairly sure your post does not agree with mine, it’s stating that bigamy and slavery should be considered the same as homosexuality. Or that’s how it reads to me

Kick To Handball Ratio (Ladder after four rounds)

Rank 1: Eagles (+ 487)
Rank 2: Blues (+ 404)
Rank 3: Lions (+ 314)
Rank 4: Dockers (+ 306)
Rank 5: Tigers (+ 305)
Rank 6: Giants (+ 293)
Rank 7: Suns (+ 288)
Rank 8: Demons (+ 281)

Rank 9: Cats (+ 277)
Rank = 9: Magpies (+ 277)
Rank 10: Hawks (+ 272)
Rank 11: Bombers (+ 263)
Rank 12: Swans (+ 253)
Rank 13: Saints (+ 234)
Rank = 13: Power (+ 234)
Rank 14: Bulldogs (+ 225)
Rank 15: Crows (+ 211)
Rank 16: Kangaroos (+ 143)

Disposal Total (Ladder after four rounds)

Rank 1: Power (1,630)
Rank 2: Magpies (1,627)
Rank 3: Bulldogs (1,569)
Rank 4: Crows (1,542)
Rank 5: Giants (1,540)
Rank 6: Kangaroos (1,539)
Rank 7: Swans (1,530)
Rank 8: Lions (1,522)

Rank 9: Dockers (1,500)
Rank 10: Saints (1,493)
Rank 11: Suns (1,464)
Rank 12: Hawks (1,457)
Rank 13: Bombers (1,445)
Rank 14: Cats (1,436)
Rank 15: Blues (1,428)
Rank 16: Eagles (1,393)
Rank 17: Demons (1,369)
Rank 17: Tigers (1,358)

Well there it is a very revealing journey through four rounds of greatness.

Speaking of four rounds of greatness well done Tiger Woods, even I shed a tear.
That’s actually a differential rather than a ratio just so ya know

Can anyone actually explain to me why Luke McDonald is suspended? Christian is the most incompetent campaigner in the league
So my Norf supporting husband is happy- he has wanted McDonald out all year and this may be the only way...

The man looked at Folau’s post intently. He breathed deeply through his agape mouth. A wave of what he vaguely understood to be “thoughts” echoed through the vacant chamber above his prominent brow. His face contorted as he channeled all of his intellectual might. Finally, triumphantly, he grunted... “but Muslims”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back