Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else find it as hilarious as me the fans from WA and SA with massive chips on their shoulders all crying tears about “Oh it’s all the VFL umpiring, we poor non Vic sides cop such a raw deal”

Yes idiots, it’s all a conspiracy against you.

And also, you lot never benefit from the umpires when you play at your home grounds.

****wits.

South Australians are proof cousins shouldn’t breed.

The sooner we fence the whole state off and make it into a giant game reserve where you can go to hunt freely the better.

Even God hates the place he made their water brown

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't get to watch or listen to footy much these days due to some ugly commitments I have. But tonight I got to watch this match.

I loathe the Bombers and found myself in the odd position of rooting for the Giants. First time I watched them seriously this year.

Lots to like and very different to our side - great skills across the park, forwards who actually lead, kicks that hit their targets etc

But something is fundamentally wrong with them as a team - the sum of the parts is less than the individuals.

Put them under pressure and they continually wilt. Their finals record is poor.

Soft mentally methinks.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't get to watch or listen to footy much these days due to some ugly commitments I have. But tonight I got to watch this match.

I loathe the Bombers and found myself in the odd position of rooting for the Giants. First time I watched them seriously this year.

Lots to like and very different to our side - great skills across the park, forwards who actually lead, kicks that hit their targets etc

But something is fundamentally wrong with them as a team - the sum of the parts is less than the individuals.

Soft mentally methinks.
They haven't been forged in adversity, they have been a bunch of talented kids thrown together. Then given the best of everything they expect to be successful, so when the heat comes on they don't know how to respond.
Seems likely that they will be a team of champions and not a champion team

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Soft mentally methinks.

It has always been thus. They will not win a flag in the foreseeable future, there’s just something missing in their DNA. I don’t like phrasing it like that because I like to be more rational than ephemeral but I just don’t see how they overcome this. I also don’t believe Geelong will win a flag with this current core because they’ll be found wanting in September, so we’ll see how much I know later this year. Looks like I need the pies or eagles to prove me right.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn't know WCE seconds were playing Sydney today.

Another clusterf@ck by Gil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
With Richmond winning today and if Port would have beaten us last night, then Richmond would be in ninth, not eighth place at the moment. I'm not really sure how I feel about our win now. Hmmm...

With Richmond winning today and if Port would have beaten us last night, then Richmond would be in ninth, not eighth place at the moment. I'm not really sure how I feel about our win now. Hmmm...
LOL. Better to get their hopes up first. There's plenty of time for them to finish 9th!!

LOL. Better to get their hopes up first. There's plenty of time for them to finish 9th!!
Yeah, but... that's the kind of thing some people said about them making it to the 2017 PF and then the GF. I would have absolutely loved to have seen them vanquished in the GF, but I didn't even want to see them in it, just in case. And we all know how that ended... :mad:

As much as we bemoan our post 2016 flame-out, we'll always have that brief moment in the sun.

An experience that anybody that chose to wrap the Albatros of supporting the Melbourne Demons around their necks is likely to have anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back