No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hawks have Eagles in Perth in last game. Eagles need to win to get home Final. Surely that will do it.

It’s us vs Adelaide and Essendon. Dons lose one and we win both it’s done. Barracking for Pies two weeks in a row makes me feel dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hawks have Eagles in Perth in last game. Eagles need to win to get home Final. Surely that will do it.

It’s us vs Adelaide and Essendon. Dons lose one and we win both it’s done. Barracking for Pies two weeks in a row makes me feel dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you can completely discount Hawthorn. R23 often throws up a shock or 2 and Clarko is such a smart coach.

Hopefully we win both our games, making them a non-issue

Next week is shaping up as a finals prelude.

1st plays 2nd
3rd plays 4th
5th plays 9th
6th plays the 2019 premiers
Dockers vs 7th and Norf vs 8th should be fascinating too. Both games are about 50/50 and will help shape the final 8.

Should be a cracker of a round.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
AFL have scheduled the likely elimination final vs Adelaide for Mars stadium capacity 11k 1.10 pm on a Sunday mid August!

Definite scheduling fail there- they should put the Ballarat games early in the year.

Playing it round 23 is madness, probably they didn't expect us to be in contention.

At least will get a good crowd.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
AFL have scheduled the likely elimination final vs Adelaide for Mars stadium capacity 11k 1.10 pm on a Sunday mid August!

Definite scheduling fail there- they should put the Ballarat games early in the year.

Playing it round 23 is madness, probably they didn't expect us to be in contention.

At least will get a good crowd.
At least they haven’t played there before, but I’m really worried about that game. We haven’t played great there and Crows played really good footy tonight v Eagles.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
We should beat Adelaide

They are slow and we should’ve able to kill them with fast ball movement
Depends on the conditions. If the ground is wet and heavy, it will slow us down and bring us back to Adelaide's terms, who train and play in those conditions most weeks. Be surprised if we even kick accurately at goal. Our defence will need to stand up the next two games if the midfield isn't able to drop back and help out

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Depends on the conditions. If the ground is wet and heavy, it will slow us down and bring us back to Adelaide's terms, who train and play in those conditions most weeks. Be surprised if we even kick accurately at goal. Our defence will need to stand up the next two games if the midfield isn't able to drop back and help out

I’m normally the most pessimistic bloke(i know that hard to believe) but we have played twice in the rain this year and they are among our two best wins. Port and Lions

IF we get past the Plastics I’d say we are on such a high we put the crows away and do it easily regardless weather

At least they haven’t played there before, but I’m really worried about that game. We haven’t played great there and Crows played really good footy tonight v Eagles.

Eagles looked slow and sluggish, not necessarily because of the Crows.

We've won 3 of last five, 6 of 9 since the bye. St Kilda had that new coach factor & came out firing - we dragged it back to a 4 goal loss. Brisbane are the form team of the comp and we kept them honest. Not many teams get on a roll in an even competition & we're still developing.

Bev knows how to flick the switch for finals.

Terry Wallace, on SEN, has just pointed out that Essendon has had one coach since 1969 who's taken them to a finals win.

Of course, that coach is Sheedy.

Ten other coaches have not!

Arrogant Essendon fans, meditate on that for a while...

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Terry Wallace, on SEN, has just pointed out that Essendon has had one coach since 1969 who's taken them to a final.

Of course, that coach is Sheedy.

Ten other coaches have not!

Arrogant Essendon fans, meditate on that for a while...
I think you mean to have won a final?
They have played and lost finals under coaches other than Sheedy in that window. Most recently in 2017 for example, where they were smashed by Sydney in the EF by 65 points.

I think you mean to have won a final?
They have played and lost finals under coaches other than Sheedy in that window. Most recently in 2017 for example, where they were smashed by Sydney in the EF by 65 points.

Err, yeah. Fixed now.

Sorry about that.

Probably wrote what I did originally because that would have been even better.

Pseudo Freudian slip? :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back