No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tall poppy nonsense with Danger actually drives me nuts.

The dude is a brilliant footballer, has lent his weight to fighting for his fellow players - actually sacrificed money in his current contract and generally conducted himself as well you can.

But yet must hate because he’s done a few media gigs and speaks with clear elocution.

Agree. Danger’s a legend.

Dahlhaus has really helped geelong this year. He was a smart recruit to give them an injection of forward 50m pressure.

But that’s all he can do. Without enough class around him (which we didn’t have), he can be a highly unhelpful footballer with a really low ceiling. Which is why it always made sense for us to move him.

Difference is, unlike Roberts and Cordy, Danger has the elite talent and therefore more is expected of him in big finals games, and from what I've seen in most of his finals games, he hasn't delivered to the level of his ability. As I said, Credit tonight though in the second half. He elevated his game to a high level..

Ultimately in my view winning grand finals is what really matters... And that's what you are mainly remembered for at the end of the day.... Achieving ultimate success as an elite player in a premiership team over rides individual success in the home and away season..
His record in finals is very good actually.

His record in finals is very good actually.

Yeh, he’s 30 disposals and a goal a game since he played against us in 2015 EF. The guy shits me as a person but not winning a premiership in his career will not be his fault any more than Doug Hawkins in 1985 or our other 300 game legends of the late 90s and 00s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll give him credit tonight. Actually pulled his finger out. Still lost though.. Which will ultimately reflect on his career if he doesn't win a premiership
Not as an individual player it wont. Grant, West and Johnson are no less a quality player for not having team success. It's not the NBA.

Good on Roughie for turning it around and becoming a very good defender at Collingwood. I don't think anyone could have seen this turnaround coming, for all intents and purposes he seemed cooked. Can probably only be a hindsight statement to say we should have kept him. Who knows how much longer he can keep it up but credit to him.

Dahl on the other hand is just the same player he was. Will crack in, give 100%, and then fluff some kicks for goal and blast the ball long and high into his forward line, he made it easy pickings for the likes of Roughead, Moore and Howe last night. I'm thankful for his hardness and contributions he made to us, but he simply is far too unskilled to go with what Bevo wants. There would be no place for him in the team.

Good on Roughie for turning it around and becoming a very good defender at Collingwood. I don't think anyone could have seen this turnaround coming, for all intents and purposes he seemed cooked. Can probably only be a hindsight statement to say we should have kept him. Who knows how much longer he can keep it up but credit to him.

Dahl on the other hand is just the same player he was. Will crack in, give 100%, and then fluff some kicks for goal and blast the ball long and high into his forward line, he made it easy pickings for the likes of Roughead, Moore and Howe last night. I'm thankful for his hardness and contributions he made to us, but he simply is far too unskilled to go with what Bevo wants. There would be no place for him in the team.

Agreed, happy for Roughie, happy to let Dalhaus go when we did.

What did it for me with Dahl was at the back end of last year when he was injured. I didn't feel the team missed him at all - if anything the balance and structure was better without him.

That said however, I have no schadenfreude in seeing him lose or play badly. What he offers to a team is clear, both the good and the bad. He will always be a bulldog legend for 2016.

That said (2), I am always delighted to see Geelong lose and my missus is a pie so it makes for a happier life for me:).

Chris Scott is a poor coach. What David King said today on Sen was spot on. (Paraphrasing) he tries to always win the game from the coaches box. You don’t have to do that, sometimes you just have to play the game instead of playing stupid games with selection and late changes.

If 30 disposals and 1 goal a game is going missing let us please hope all three of Bont, Dunks and Jack go missing this afternoon 🤔
It was the manner of the possessions too. That last shot on goal was amazing. I was hoping the cats would lose but almost wanted it to go in because it would have been electric.

Collingwood versus Geelong was always going to represent the most unwatchable game of the finals
first week. Two from two on the finals predictor so far, I am on fire. How can a team be happy with
that display given the number of staff in the coaches box ?

Geelong are such a terrible team to watch. They rely exclusively on Hawkins delivering into the forward line and Danger to get the ball clear from the middle. And they play a defender 30m from goal all game. Works ok on their skinny ground but not anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are such a terrible team to watch. They rely exclusively on Hawkins delivering into the forward line and Danger to get the ball clear from the middle. And they play a defender 30m from goal all game. Works ok on their skinny ground but not anywhere else.
It's funny VP I remember telling a West Coast fan after Hawthorn beat them in the Grand Final that they
needed to play on an MCG sized ground more to establish patterns. Both teams were quite poor it was
a bit of a Sydney performance from Collingwood. I need Brisbane to beat Richmond to be four from four
in the first week of finals, but Richmond won the GF in the end once back at the MCG.

What the **** are Channel 7 doing - Jobe Watson as a commentator? Drug cheat who wore a year's suspension and had his Brownlow stripped from him for being on the juice and here he is with his shiteating grin offering zero insight. Jeebus...I'd rather listen to Basil and Hamish ffs!

12 months on and nothing has changed. Tigers, Eagles and Pies the best of the best and the only teams capable of winning it all.

I recall Adams’s last half dozen games for us were very underwhelming. Some poor. His last 3 for the lions also below standard.

I still struggle to understand how Lynch fits in the tigers cap after they re-signed Dusty on 1.4m...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back