No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The role of the ASADA Doping Control Officers (DCO) is to organise and manage the sample collection session. The role of the Chaperone is to notify, accompany, and witness an athlete provide a sample.

DCOs and Chaperones ensure that sample collection occurs in strict accordance with the relevant procedures so all athletes are treated in a fair and equitable manner."

Don't get me wrong. Willie is just as foolish, but how the fu** can you do both the bold, whilst also allowing Willie to provide something that ISN'T straight urine?
There's ways people can provide samples of other people's urine/other substances, usually it involves a Turkey baster and a.....willie. really depends on the length the athlete is willing to go to

This is why you shouldn't hold such strong opinions about processes you don't understand. <--- That sounds way ruder than I am intending btw

When someone provides a sample, they can use a product called a Whizzinator. It's basically a fake, but very lifelike, penis that can hold liquid. It can have varying levels of success depending on the experience of the person using it and the person observing. I'm not saying that this is definitely what Willie has used, but it wouldn't surprise me. Even if they ask you to remove all clothes, which is probably close to their regular protocol, it can be hidden if you want.

Liquid can be stored in the mouth (which can still pass the temperature tests), people have been known to insert 'bladders' anally in order to have the liquid come from there. This could even have been his regular urine sample, but he may have inserted a masking agent into the sample, or taken something to try disguise whatever he'd been taking (which is the method Ben Cousins used most recently)

I know an ASADA chaperone and not a lot slips past them, it job that has its perks like getting into prime sporting events like the GF for free (he was at the dogs GF even though he follows the Pies), but on the downside you have to spend a portion of the day looking at peoples junk. So I presume Willie had hidden a sample from somebody else in his nether regions and the chaperone did their job and noticed the attempted swap out. Rioli would've been infracted immediately and all hell would've broken loose.

I know an ASADA chaperone and not a lot slips past them, it job that has its perks like getting into prime sporting events like the GF for free (he was at the dogs GF even though he follows the Pies), but on the downside you have to spend a portion of the day looking at peoples junk. So I presume Willie had hidden a sample from somebody else in his nether regions and the chaperone did their job and noticed the attempted swap out. Rioli would've been infracted immediately and all hell would've broken loose.
Definitely difficult to cheat and get away with it. Now being reported he was caught red handed pouring some other liquid into the cup, so looks like ASADA have done their jobs perfectly

Stay tuned, would have been better if the substituted liquid was urine.
Without even considering whether he was doping or otherwise, sounds like Willie had a moment of panic and made an extremely regrettable decision with the alleged energy drink substitution (assuming it was a spur of the moment move rather than planned).

Career likely over, in the worst possible way. Particularly pertinent on RUOK day.

Last edited:
Wow that is a really bad look. This is the afl but in most sports that type of cheating is years.
Crossley from Gold Coast got 2 years for cocaine. This seems a lot worse to me.

The worst part about it is that he was caught cheating after the Round 22 game. He's since been allowed to play Round 23 and first week of finals. Surely their position in finals is now compromised thanks to playing someone who failed a drug test? Why on earth was he allowed to play in the first place when it appears a ban was inevitable?

Sounds like asada with another conspiracy. Trying to frame him like they did Essendon no doubt

You seriously think they tried to frame Essendon?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Nah I was being cheeky.

I like to remind the world regularly that 80% of that enormous supporter base cried conspiracy and not enough people mocked it for how ridiculous it was

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crossley from Gold Coast got 2 years for cocaine. This seems a lot worse to me.

The worst part about it is that he was caught cheating after the Round 22 game. He's since been allowed to play Round 23 and first week of finals. Surely their position in finals is now compromised thanks to playing someone who failed a drug test? Why on earth was he allowed to play in the first place when it appears a ban was inevitable?
I don't believe in conspiracies, but I would like an explanation as to why it took 3 or 4 weeks for this to be announced. Doesn't sound like it was a delay related to laboratory testing, but the delay is concerning until we hear why it occurred.

Without even considering whether he was doping or otherwise, sounds like Willie had a moment of panic and made an extremely regrettable decision with the alleged energy drink substitution (assuming it was a spur of the moment move rather than planned).

Career likely over, in the worst possible way. Particularly pertinent on RUOK day.
I am an NT Thunder fan and Willie Rioli played for us and weighed 96 kg I was surprised when I heard
his name called out on draft day, but then I learnt he had lost 16 kg and got his weight down to 80 kg
that takes a lot of discipline and deserves much admiration. I was very sad to hear the news it's been
an emotional week as it is, most of the real cheats well and truly got away with it.

I don't believe in conspiracies, but I would like an explanation as to why it took 3 or 4 weeks for this to be announced. Doesn't sound like it was a delay related to laboratory testing, but the delay is concerning until we hear why it occurred.
One thing I learned from the Essendon saga is that ASADA is very thorough and triple check everything.

Their also not into media statements etc, just provide the basic info and continue with their job. They don't follow the media pack

Woah, that is an absolutely ridiculous punishment for cocaine. It's not performance enhancing at all.
It comes under "performance enhancing" due to supposedly giving a very short-term energy boost. In terms of lingering effects, it's been proven to actually diminish your athletic capability (so in Crossley's case, it's basically performance-hindering).

The fact Crossley got 2 years for something so minor tells me that Rioli absolutely has to get 2+ years, or else it's just the AFL being its usual biased self

One thing I learned from the Essendon saga is that ASADA is very thorough and triple check everything.

Their also not into media statements etc, just provide the basic info and continue with their job. They don't follow the media pack
AFL CEO said just recently to the media that ASADA only got results which confirmed that a substance other than urine was in the sample this week, so it appears that was what ASADA were waiting for over the past few weeks since the initial incident back in August.

"The role of the ASADA Doping Control Officers (DCO) is to organise and manage the sample collection session. The role of the Chaperone is to notify, accompany, and witness an athlete provide a sample.

DCOs and Chaperones ensure that sample collection occurs in strict accordance with the relevant procedures so all athletes are treated in a fair and equitable manner."

Don't get me wrong. Willie is just as foolish, but how the fu** can you do both the bold, whilst also allowing Willie to provide something that ISN'T straight urine?
What would have happened when they observed something was off in the test?

Ings
: The doping control officer won’t go to an athlete who is substitution urine and go ‘no, no, no mate you can’t do that, you’ve got to give us the right stuff’. The attempt to substitute is a violation in itself so the doping control officer will simply collect the sample, report the incident and leave it for the authorities at ASADA to investigate.

Why was he allowed to keep playing?

Edmund
: There’s a process to follow. While outsiders may claim this has taken too long to come to light given Rioli was tested on August 20, former CEO Richard Ings was stunned by the speed of it.

Ings: Well it’s incredibly fast. I mean the test was only literally a few weeks ago. We’re not used to these matters moving this quickly, which would strongly suggest to me that this was a pretty clear case for ASADA to commence a prosecution.

My partner works in the field, and I was actually asking her this today. She explained that even in cases where she 100% knows someone has cheated, she still has to give the opportunity for them to retake the test, and an investigation has to take place to confirm the claims of the initial cheating. Effectively, it's to ensure there are no false allegations, and that the individual is not being unfairly accused. So I guess it kinda makes sense that Willie wasn't exposed until now, but still seems to have taken longer than you would think.

Funnily enough, a high profile individual who cheated a test was caught on the spot, yet the "fail" wasn't confirmed until a week or two later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back