No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is a terrible draft. Only about 20 good ones and two elite ones.
In next years draft, there are already players out performing this years top 20. That is a super draft. Super super draft.
Next year is quite compromised though. Some clubs will need to stock up on points, other clubs will try and trade out of it.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Next year is quite compromised though. Some clubs will need to stock up on points, other clubs will try and trade out of it.

Thoroughly compromised. So bad, that it should spell the end for academies and zones....
but there are lots of good players too. LittleMacrae doesn’t appear to be a dud brother.

Whatname

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

I know it's a Bulldogs only thread but I was hoping you could help me out.

On the surface Garlick looks a good appointment but was the reason for his departure from you guys.

Seem to have a feeling it was a messy finish?

You also won the flag the year after he left, did he play a role in laying the foundations or was it him leaving being the catalyst.

On the surface Garlick looks a good appointment but was the reason for his departure from you guys.

You also won the flag the year after he left, did he play a role in laying the foundations or was it him leaving being the catalyst.

I think Garlick made some mistakes but he would have learned from them. I also think Gordon would not be the easiest President to work under. As far as the players etc he didn’t play a role in that. For what it’s worth he was at our B&F, presenting one of our retirees with life membership etc, so there is no hard feelings between him and the club.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It really does make me laugh seeing how much stock some people put into supposed "ITKs" on BigFooty. Just take the Carlton "Bluemour" thread for example. The entire latest page of that thread is entirely wrong. I legitimately can't see a single rumour that ended up being correct, yet people still orgasm over the crap they read from these guys. Some of their most popular "ITKs" have been exposed as outright lying in the past, but people still gobble that s**t up

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City

Garlick was CEO when the club signed off on our failed development called Edgewater. His predecessor would have also been involved, but in the 2013 club announcement, Garlick was congratulated by the President for his work in getting the project to commence construction.

There may be other reasons for his departure, but I think this would have been right up there. The club went through a lot of changes over the 2014/15 off-season. New coach and new CEO.

We won the flag essentially 2 years after he left (January 2015) and I don't think he had anything to do with our premiership success.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He got our VFL stand alone side up and going which I think has been very important in developing the players and one of the keys to our success. Good for the fans he brought the Footscray name back to our VFL side too I guess.

He stuffed up Edgewater as mentioned above though.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It really does make me laugh seeing how much stock some people put into supposed "ITKs" on BigFooty. Just take the Carlton "Bluemour" thread for example. The entire latest page of that thread is entirely wrong. I legitimately can't see a single rumour that ended up being correct, yet people still orgasm over the crap they read from these guys. Some of their most popular "ITKs" have been exposed as outright lying in the past, but people still gobble that s**t up
North are the worst. They seem to have about 20 of them that have yet to be right on anything.

He got our VFL stand alone side up and going which I think has been very important in developing the players and one of the keys to our success. Good for the fans he brought the Footscray name back to our VFL side too I guess.

He stuffed up Edgewater as mentioned above though.
To be fair, BMac was also one of the prime movers in setting up our VFL club.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He was reappointed to the board earlier this year so we were on good terms and obviously still rated what he brought to the table.

Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, Lakers, Phillies, NY Rangers
What does junior Sheahan do these days anyway? Disappeared off the radar.
I’ve wondered the same thing. He doesn’t appear to have a full time employer in the footy media. But seems to still pop up on SEN at this time of year. I assume that is really just a favour to his dad.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t believe 90% of these trade reports, but if Dodoro is really asking for Parker, Heeney or Blakey back in the Daniher trade he’s lost his marbles. What a stupid way to do business, would be like someone asking us for Bont, Macrae or Naughton. Obviously won’t happen and just pisses people off when you waste time.

That said, at least he’s finally trying to get someone into the club that can win their own ball - been the most glaring list deficiency in the AFL for years.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t believe 90% of these trade reports, but if Dodoro is really asking for Parker, Heeney or Blakey back in the Daniher trade he’s lost his marbles. What a stupid way to do business, would be like someone asking us for Bont, Macrae or Naughton. Obviously won’t happen and just pisses people off when you waste time.

That said, at least he’s finally trying to get someone into the club that can win their own ball - been the most glaring list deficiency in the AFL for years.

Please don’t suggest anywhere that the bummers need inside mids. Please please please.

It’s been great watching their list building team deliver a second rate comedy club list for the last decade. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back