No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I read one more Tweet about Richmond's GF win from a friend of mine, I just might join Twitter to respond every time: "Eff the Tigers!" If GWS would have won, we wouldn't even remember it by now. grrr...
Seven out of her last 12 Tweets from the past two days have been about Richmond. I believe that an Intervention might be called for.

Seven out of her last 12 Tweets from the past two days have been about Richmond. I believe that an Intervention might be called for.

I think Richmond supporters think if they keep ramming their premiership down our throats we will forget their 30 years of mediocrity. I mean losing a final to a team that came 9th, wow.

Absolutely irrelevant crap piece of "journalism" during the off-season by the Essendon Fanboi newspaper. Not being on the list doesn't mean it is banned or safe substance. If you were about to inject your entire football team (minus one) you would be a bit risk averse and would contact ASADA/WADA unless you knew it was dodgy and have players injected off site. You would also backup your XL A3 spreadsheet. They got off far too lightly

At some point in time, the Hun and all the conspiracy theorists have to acknowledge when an issue is dead. When rehashing an issue actually does more harm. When you clutch so hard at straws that they tear in half.

The thing is the majority of Hun readers either hate Essendon, couldn’t give a toss about the issue or think they should’ve been more severely punished. So, what does a story like that achieve?

At some point in time, the Hun and all the conspiracy theorists have to acknowledge when an issue is dead. When rehashing an issue actually does more harm. When you clutch so hard at straws that they tear in half.

The thing is the majority of Hun readers either hate Essendon, couldn’t give a toss about the issue or think they should’ve been more severely punished. So, what does a story like that achieve?

It gets people sharing it all over social media and forums. It gets clicks. It gets advertising revenue. Fairly simple.

Apparently Geelong are after 11 home games at the cattery in 2020. I personally think it's an absolute rought that they get such a massive home ground advantage compared to all the other Victorian teams. Why do they get away with it as the only Victorian club retaining their true home ground.

No wonder they make the finals almost every year..

Just disgusting..

Apparently Geelong are after 11 home games at the cattery in 2020. I personally think it's an absolute rought that they get such a massive home ground advantage compared to all the other Victorian teams. Why do they get away with it as the only Victorian club retaining their true home ground.

Just disgusting..
Another minor premier bundles out in straight sets. How sweet it is. Prioritising profit over premierships. They should be begging to play as many games as possible at the MCG.

Just disgusting..
I am unsure why this is disgusting. This is where they are based and where they represent. Financially is is better for them that allows them to invest more back into their football club. They have a genuine home ground advantage. Just because the Melbourne clubs got sucked into the 80's and 90's ground rationalisation cult does not make the Cats the pariah, each club in Melbourne chose to leave their home grounds for the riches provided at the G and Docklands forgoing their home ground advantage.

Whether they should get a home final is a different discussion, but there are a few clubs in Melbourne now wish they were able to remain at their homes

I am unsure why this is disgusting. This is where they are based and where they represent. Financially is is better for them that allows them to invest more back into their football club. They have a genuine home ground advantage. Just because the Melbourne clubs got sucked into the 80's and 90's ground rationalisation cult does not make the Cats the pariah, each club in Melbourne chose to leave their home grounds for the riches provided at the G and Docklands forgoing their home ground advantage.

Whether they should get a home final is a different discussion, but there are a few clubs in Melbourne now wish they were able to remain at their homes

* the Cats though, right? Right?

Just disgusting..
Where is the Geelong Football Club supposed to play their home games out of interest ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just disgusting..
LOL

I dislike Geelong and what they represent more than any other team, but even I find this post insulting. You've used some pretty strong words there in "rought" and "disgusting" and I personally don't think that's justified.

LOL.

I dislike Geelong and what they represent more than any other team, but even I find this post insulting. You've used some pretty strong words there in "rought" and "disgusting" and I personally don't think that's justified.

Lol.???? ( Why be sarcastic and personal about it?) it's just an opinion mate.. Who gives a s**t?

Maybe use your logic and common sense and think about why it's a massive advantage over other Victorian teams?

Last edited:
Where is the Geelong Football Club supposed to play their home games out of interest ?

If we play any other Melbourne team at docklands, it isn't really a true home ground advantage is it? It's only a true home ground advantage when we play an interstate team. Geelong get a massive home ground advantage when they play both Victorian and interstate clubs at Geelong (a true home ground advantage) They get this bias and discrepancy in their favour every year.. And the proof is in the pudding with their strike rate making finals more often than not . The draw helps their cause to make finals..

Sorry, but in my view, this is not fair. It would only be fair if the rest of the Victorian teams had their suburban grounds still . So because there are no suburban Melbourne grounds, Geelong have a massive advantage

Can't believe people don't see the obvious...

Last edited:

I'm not arguing the case of why other Victorian teams did what they did, (You could argue that some teams were forced to do what they did as they would have folded or gone broke, which is another discrepancy in the league too sadly)

I'm arguing that the draw is biased towards them and their home ground advantage when compared to the other Melbourne teams, especaily the smaller Melbourne teams which have to sell games interstate , ballarat, Tasmania etc to keep afloat or make a profit. The cats don't have to do this at all, and have a massive advantage.

Just on the probability of winning games,
The draw gives them a huge heads up and its just not a level playing field across the board.

Some teams benefit way more than others in this league. That's the harsh reality of it sadly..

Last edited:
If we play any other Melbourne team at docklands, it isn't really a true home ground advantage is it? It's only a true home ground advantage when we play an interstate team. Geelong get a massive home ground advantage when they play both Victorian and interstate clubs at Geelong (a true home ground advantage) They get this bias and discrepancy in their favour every year.. And the proof is in the pudding with their strike rate making finals more often than not . The draw helps their cause to make finals..

Sorry, but in my view, this is not fair. It would only be fair if the rest of the Victorian teams had their suburban grounds still . So because there are no suburban Melbourne grounds, Geelong have a massive advantage

Geelong isn’t a suburb of Melbourne though so it’s not a suburban ground. It’s like saying Gold Coast should have to play all their games at the Gabba because its in Queensland.

If you compare our draw to theirs for 2019:

Geelong :
Home Games -9
MCG - 4
Marvel - 2
Interstate - 7

Bulldogs Games:

Marvel - 12 ( 9 of those 12 were against other Melbourne Clubs)
MCG - 2
Ballarat - 2
Interstate - 5
Geelong - 1

My point is only about a true home ground advantage

When they get 9 home games down there, and we get only 5 true home games ( because I don't consider playing another Victorian side at Marvel or Ballarat a true home ground advantage unless it's an interstate side ) , there is a clear and obvious bias towards them in the draw..

Happy to hear others thoughts..

That didn’t answer my question.

Are you saying all their games should be in Melbourne ?

If you compare our draw to theirs for 2019:

Geelong :
Home Games -9
MCG - 4
Marvel - 2
Interstate - 7

Bulldogs Games:

Marvel - 12 ( 9 of those 12 were against other Melbourne Clubs)
MCG - 2
Ballarat - 2
Interstate - 5
Geelong - 1

My point is only about a true home ground advantage

When they get 9 home games down there, and we get only 5 true home games ( because I don't consider playing another Victorian side at Marvel or Ballarat a true home ground advantage unless it's an interstate side ) , there is a clear and obvious bias towards them in the draw..

Happy to hear others thoughts..
Given we chose to move to Docklands and then sold our home games to Ballarat of course they are going to play more games at their home.

They were thinking of being part of the home ground homogenization but chose instead to develop their home base for the majority of their supporters.

They should play all of their home games at Geelong. It is where Geelong is actually from.

Why should they play any home games at all not in Geelong?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's obviously not going to happen, (I know that) but because of the way it's all set up, they still get a massive advantage. They got 15 games total in Melbourne / Geelong in 2019. 9 at geelong, a further 6 in Melbourne. Going off that, they get a better deal than all the other teams, including the interstate clubs who get 11/12 games in their own state and have to travel every other week...

It is what it is, but they get a massive leg up to make finals when compared to us due to the way the whole thing is set up. It's as obvious as day. And as long as my arse points towards the ground, no one will convince me otherwise

They should get 3-4 games at their home ground in Geelong against the interstate sides like the rest of the Melbourne clubs do.(Which is a true home ground advantage) Then they should play their other home games at Marvel or the MCG (their choice) like the rest of the Victorian teams do where there isn't a true home ground advantage as the majority of the fans on both sides can attend the games . Stiff s**t as far as I'm concerned. That makes it fair and equitable for all the Victorian clubs.. They should be made to be a tenant at Marvel in my opinion as that is the closest co tenant stadium to Geelong .. They shouldn't get such a massive advantage to make finals every year..

Last edited:
It's obviously not going to happen, (I know that) but because of the way it's all set up, they still get a massive advantage. They got 15 games total in Melbourne / Geelong in 2019. 9 at geelong, a further 6 in Melbourne. Going off that, they get a better deal than all the other teams, including the interstate clubs who get 11/12 games in their own state and have to travel every other week...

It is what it is, but they get a massive leg up to make finals when compared to us due to the way the whole thing is set up. It's as obvious as day. And as long as my arse points towards the ground, no one will convince me otherwise
But Wian we got 16 games last season in Melbourne and Ballarat by your own figures.

We chose our home ground and get to play other co tennants there.

This means we played 6 games away from Melbourne and Ballarat and they play 7. How is that a massive advantage?

Every other major football competition in the world every team plays half there games at home half away. I don't get how Geelong are being looked after in any untoward way particularly considering they don't even get to play half of their games at their home ground like other teams in the competition who chose not to give away their home ground

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back