No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone with red hair - Matt Rowell and Ed Richards being good at football is a huge break through for our people.

Similar to the Eddie Redmayne and Donmhall Gleeson revolution in acting a few years ago this could be a game changer for gingers who play footy everywhere.

GLM

Someone mentioned not a good time to watch McKenna if you're eating dinner - just saw him on the news last night unpacking the nasal suitcase on the ground. Good luck not coming down with more cases Bombres! He may go down in history as the guy who derailed the whole AFL season :p

And have we all forgotten that he bit Tory. Lucky he didn't do that this year.

Budarick this week's RS nominee. Thought it might be him, if he wasn't on a team with Rowell he'd probably be getting a lot more notice.

Where do you think Gold Coast would have to finish on the ladder to lose the rest of their draft concessions? If they have a good year and lose them at the end of this season, it’s probably good that they already traded out and used their extra 2020 pick.

Where do you think Gold Coast would have to finish on the ladder to lose the rest of their draft concessions? If they have a good year and lose them at the end of this season, it’s probably good that they already traded out and used their extra 2020 pick.
I'd say top 10. Anything less and there's little to suggest it wasn't just a purple patch for them.

I'm still withholding hype until they can sustain this form. They started last year 3-1 before losing every game for the rest of the season

Did anyone see Gimp Scott's presser? Knows they've got a problem, and knows they've had it for a while! Got gifted a flag side, and ever since has shown to be as clueless as his brother. 13 players 29 or over, most well past their best, and a ruckman that defends his own goal! There's a big cliff in the middle of Kardinia Park, and Scott is teetering on the precipice, frantically trying to grab the non-existent testicles of Danger and Ablett. Almost as good a batch of imports as his brother brought in to ensure the end of a very average coaching career.

To be fair, Chris Scott has one of the best win/loss records of all time. In fact he's no.1 of coaches who have coached more than 100 games. Not sure we can put that entirely down to a clueless coach inheriting a good team..

To be fair, Chris Scott has one of the best win/loss records of all time. In fact he's no.1 of coaches who have coached more than 100 games. Not sure we can put that entirely down to a clueless coach inheriting a good team..

Put it down to the advantage that he and his teams get from racking up easy kills over s**t and interstate teams that have now idea how to play at their stadium then.

Last edited:
Put it down to the advantage that he and his teams get from racking up easy kills over sh*t and interstate teams that have now idea how to play at their stadium then.

hmmmm - I guess that includes us

sh*t teams are sh*t no matter where they play. Likewise good teams.
Sure, the point is that they get to play a lot of lower rung teams down there. In my view this pads out their win/loss ratio substantially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts seems like one of the nicest men in the AFL.

I found the interview with Eddie Betts in the link below deeply moving. It puts the BLM in real perspective IMO.

As he says in the interview, the only thing these cowards have wrong with him is that he was born black.

He doesn't deserve any of the s**t he cops but he is totally admirable in the way he deals with it, although it's a disgrace that he needs to in the first place. Absolute champion and a role model for future generations.

Reckon Eddie should have written the caption under the photo himself as well, would have done a better job:

1592951437262.png

No spell check, impact-ED. Lazy sub-editor? Work experience kid? Sub-editor in outsourced role o/s where English is not the first language?
Given its News Corp, likely all 3.

If it were so much an advantage, wouldnt it be more advantageous to play better sides there?

From a football point of view of course it would. However, playing the big drawing sides in Melbourne would be very lucrative in a financial sense. Not to mention the need to remain current by playing and winning finals on a ground that has a completely different configuration to the one where they play the majority of their games.

sh*t teams are sh*t no matter where they play. Likewise good teams.

Bullshit platitude mate, I’m sorry.

Look at the 2015 finals series and numerous other significant finals examples. This is where Geelong have a problem and where an advantage like that makes a difference. It’s also responsible for Geelong’s W/L during the season.

Bullshit platitude mate, I’m sorry.

Look at the 2015 finals series and numerous other significant finals examples. This is where Geelong have a problem and where an advantage like that makes a difference. It’s also responsible for Geelong’s W/L during the season.
I moved on. I think you're wrong and realise there is no point arguing, hence I didn't reply to your last post on the topic. If you could do the same, that'd be great.

Can someone smarter than me explain how additional hubs in Perth will work

the first one works as Freo and Eagles can play each other while Geelong and Collingwood play each other while serving their quarantine.

how would a 2nd hub with new Vic teams work given Freo and the Eagles can’t play each other again while the Vic clubs serve their quarantine?

does the season stop while the Vic teams do their quarantine?

Can someone smarter than me explain how additional hubs in Perth will work

the first one works as Freo and Eagles can play each other while Geelong and Collingwood play each other while serving their quarantine.

how would a 2nd hub with new Vic teams work given Freo and the Eagles can’t play each other again while the Vic clubs serve their quarantine?

does the season stop while the Vic teams do their quarantine?
I'd suspect they'd overlap. So teams who are quarantining can play each other. So Cats v Pies and Eagles v Dockers happen during their middle weekend of quarantine. Then let's say in second week its Pies v Eagles and Cats v Dockers the day after getting out of quarantine.
Third week would be Pies v Dockers and Cats v Eagles.

So during second week, next two Vic teams would play early in weekend before flying straight to Perth.
Third week they'd play each other in middle week of quarantine period while the week three games of Pies/Cats rotation happens then by the the fourth weekend, next two teams would be out of quarantine and can start a two week rotation of Eagles/Dockers. That essentially takes us up to round 10 at the earliest. By that point the two perth teams may then fly to either Vic or NSW which (hopefully by then) allows a fly in fly out situation. That's the only way I can see it working logistically without missing a week.

I guess the thing is if there are a few more positive cases from different clubs that added up over the next few weeks, perhaps they can play the catch-up games after round 10 and before round 11 to buy an extra week for selected teams to quarantine over west or in NT if required.

Matt Crouch dropped. Adelaide are pretty laughable these days, they need to clear almost everyone out of the club outside of Sloane and under 22s.

Crouch x2
Talia
Laird
Tex
Lynch
Gibbs
Smith

put them all on the block and see what you can get.

Matt Crouch dropped. Adelaide are pretty laughable these days, they need to clear almost everyone out of the club outside of Sloane and under 22s.

Crouch x2
Talia
Laird
Tex
Lynch
Gibbs
Smith

put them all on the block and see what you can get.
The Crouch brothers shouldn't play together as it is, but having them alongside Sloan just makes such a one dimensional midfield. They need to ship both brothers off ASAP - the Tigers and Geelong would both jump at the chance to grab one, and Geelong definitely has the currency this year thanks to the Kelly deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back