No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much per year combined are Saints paying Hill, Crouch, Carlisle and Hannebery?

My guess is around $2.8mil

Hill - $900k
Crouch - $700k
Carlisle - $400k
Hannebery - $800k

Only Carlisle’s current contract isn’t exactly public, he was on $500-600k during his longer initial deal but I presume he’d be on a bit less these days. Lol if they are paying him more than $400k a season though

None of them know how to talk. Tried listening to Jobe? It makes me sick how he gets a gig over someone with qualifications.

I agree. Jobe’s been in the gig a little while now and still struggles to communicate basic match observations.
Would take the likes of Dwayne and BT over most ex players any day of the week.

So was the Tigers really good, or the Saints really bad? Can we beat Richmond?
Saints were truly awful ZERO PRESSURE on the ball carrier. The Saints were all Downhill Skiing looking for bruise free footy. Tigers won clearances 21-1 after half time. As the Saints were only running one way the Tigers pressured the ball carrier and the Saints would cough it up and break away clean to an open forward line.
Given the Tigers had very little pressure on them hard to judge how well they are travelling from that game. If we can make our tackles stick I reckon we will be right in the hunt. Will test our backline with Riewoldt and Lynch in pretty good form
90 plus point losses with a decent list. Worrying signs for the Saints.

Ratten > Bevo hasn’t aged well!!
Just quietly the way they are travelling I think that there might be player unrest with the second round of mercenaries they brought in and the money that they take out of the Cap. Which doesnt leave a lot for the rest of the list, disharmony will decimate a club very quickly.

In line with the overwhelmingly upbeat St Kilda forum overlords moderators I would like to see this extended. I think it would be appropriate for Saints players to start singing the club song after every match - win, lose or draw. It'd be great for the fans, you can't beat that sort of positivity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at the Saints board, glad to see shreds of humour amongst the disappointment. Still, I don’t blame them for being angry.

I can’t believe I’d never heard of Jack Steele until Bruce mentioned him. 🤔

Is it correct that St Kilda have the oldest list.
Yes, they recruited Frawley, McKernan and Wood types as "depth" while already having Ryder, Hannebery, Geary etc.
Think the average age of their 22 most weeks is still younger than Geelong's though, unless they decide to play all those cooked old guys in the coming weeks I guess.

I hop on SEN to hear melts, not to listen to Kane Cornes talk about his Richmond hate boner

Someone pointed out in the gameday thread that at 900k a year he's getting around 40k per game, at 10 disposals a game he's getting around 4k per kick or handball.

Selfish flog didn't even lay a tackle. He's an absolute parasite for a playing list.

Saints contract offer to Hannebery would have to go down as the biggest recruiting blunder in AFL history. Not only did it fail, but the entire football community knew that it would fail, and why it would fail, before the offer was made. There has not been a single point in his 3 years at the club where he's looked like putting multiple games together, there is no indication of that changing any time soon, and it looks like he's perfectly happy sitting through 5 years in rehab on a good salary... and anybody with a passing interest in AFL could have told them that 3 years ago. It really blows my mind.

Brad Hill with only 9 disposals pathetic
Brett Ratten says they won't drop Hill.

If Bevo ever let a senior $900k pa player get away with this piss poor non-effort I'd be off the Beo-train in a millisecond.

My guess is around $2.8mil

Hill - $900k
Crouch - $700k
Carlisle - $400k
Hannebery - $800k

Only Carlisle’s current contract isn’t exactly public, he was on $500-600k during his longer initial deal but I presume he’d be on a bit less these days. Lol if they are paying him more than $400k a season though
We're paying Treloar about 20% of that thanks to Collingwood's contribution :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back