No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominate from half back, drive quickly and directly through the middle of the ground and put it out in front of leading competent forwards. It was the key difference between tonights and our game last week, where we played into Richmonds hands by not being clean with the ball in hand enabling Richmond to do what they do best. Score from turnovers.

Contrast Geelongs forward entries to ours last week where we succumb to the pressure and the ball was constantly being kicked over our forwards heads.

Who are the top 3 whingers to the umpires for frees? Selwood has to be up there, which is ironical considering he is the most protected species in the history of the game
Not unrelated. Positive reinforcement encourages the behaviour.

Ho hum. Another Friday, another tipping fail.

Even when I get sick of that and start tipping the side that I think will LOSE on Friday, I still get it wrong.
🤦‍♂️
I'm tempted to tip Carlton and fast all day on Sunday.

Rich flat playing their GF last week.

Thinking we might be the same time to load up on the Blues :-(

also shows how costly your bottom few players can be if they're not competitive in a big game.

Collier-Dawkins, and in particular Mansell in defense, had some bad errors that cost Richmond. In the end, Grimes being out proved more important to the outcome of those games than Martin.

We had West, Schache stuffing up last week, with a few others not contributing anything, very hard to beat good sides with thats happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood had 4 frees for and none against last night.

I saw him give away at least 4 blatant frees, 2 for clear throws, unbelievable

Smashed the Richmond player in the head, play on.

Dived into the Richmond player's legs, play on.

Must be nice doing whatever you want on the field and knowing you'll never get penalised.

Smashed the Richmond player in the head, play on.

Dived into the Richmond player's legs, play on.

Must be nice doing whatever you want on the field and knowing you'll never get penalised.
He was first to the ball and played that perfectly, I hate the bloke as much as the next but come on. If you’re getting rubbed out for that what’s the point

Have a tough few weeks with Port away, Us at GMHBA and then Brisbane away but have a very cruisy run before and after that. They'll win a lot of games again.
I doubt they'd be sweating us at Kardinia.

Tiggers are an aging group can't get up and about 2 weeks in a row
They were barely up and about last week. We just crumbled under pressure.

also shows how costly your bottom few players can be if they're not competitive in a big game.

Collier-Dawkins, and in particular Mansell in defense, had some bad errors that cost Richmond. In the end, Grimes being out proved more important to the outcome of those games than Martin.

We had West, Schache stuffing up last week, with a few others not contributing anything, very hard to beat good sides with thats happening
You rightly point the finger at West and Schache but what about the stars attending centre bounce. We were absolutely destroyed in the middle...that’s the most concerning thing I took from the game.

Who was first to the ball?

The Richmond player put his head over it and Selwood chose to bump.

View attachment 1121295
Fair enough not first to the ball then, but surely you can not want this stamped out of the game? He hasn’t gone to ground he hasn’t bumped he has a right to attempt to win the footy and went about it the right way in turning his body. Should he have ran in head first and smashed heads with the Richmond bloke? Can’t penalise a bloke for using perfect technique to win the footy.

again I cannot stand the whinging ******* campaigner but that is not a free kick and definitely not a reportable offence

I doubt they'd be sweating us at Kardinia.

They were barely up and about last week. We just crumbled under pressure.
Cmon mate that tigers second half last week was immense and would have beaten any side in the comp. completely different to what they displayed last night, we’ve lost one game. One. And pretty much destroyed every other team we played except for WCE. Every single team except for Melbourne has had multiple down weeks. We had a poor second half against a champion team that had been humiliated for the past 4 - 5 quarters and just so happen to be the best team in the comp when they turn it on, while we got a little complacent for sure. Even still we were a couple of dodgy umpiring decisions and some shitty missed kicks away from being right in it at the last bounce.

the worlds not ending mate we’ll be fine

Cmon mate that tigers second half last week was immense and would have beaten any side in the comp. completely different to what they displayed last night, we’ve lost one game. One. And pretty much destroyed every other team we played except for WCE. Every single team except for Melbourne has had multiple down weeks. We had a poor second half against a champion team that had been humiliated for the past 4 - 5 quarters and just so happen to be the best team in the comp when they turn it on, while we got a little complacent for sure. Even still we were a couple of dodgy umpiring decisions and some shitty missed kicks away from being right in it at the last bounce.

the worlds not ending mate we’ll be fine

And even Melbourne would have gone down to just about any other side than North last week. They were crap.

And even Melbourne would have gone down to just about any other side than North last week. They were crap.

I think that Tom Boyd said it really well in the Danny/Boyd podcast this week, when he described last round's match versus the Tigers as a 'perfect storm.' Sometimes, it's just a combination of factors that come together - Tigers on the rebound, Dogs due to drop one, key players out, coming off a road trip which was a really physical game...It's not an excuse, as such, but in a long season - with not really that much to separate the best sides - results can fluctuate. That we started the season with six wins in a row is an amazing effort. Let's not forget, for example, that Geelong were flogged by Adelaide in Round One, and that a week after being owned by us, the Suns came out and totally schooled the Swans.

I think that Tom Boyd said it really well in the Danny/Boyd podcast this week, when he described last round's match versus the Tigers as a 'perfect storm.' Sometimes, it's just a combination of factors that come together - Tigers on the rebound, Dogs due to drop one, key players out, coming off a road trip which was a really physical game...It's not an excuse, as such, but in a long season - with not really that much to separate the best sides - results can fluctuate. That we started the season with six wins in a row is an amazing effort. Let's not forget, for example, that Geelong were flogged by Adelaide in Round One, and that a week after being owned by us, the Suns came out and totally schooled the Swans.

Yep, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back