Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Brilliantly written but shocking article about Robbie Muir. Really worth a read.

Damn that was hard to read. Muir played well before my time and it was a different country then. It's a shame he had to put up with so much crap, even from "friends", and also St.Kilda haven't properly supported him to this day. It would be too little, too late but he deserves a lot of compensation.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Would really like Cats to kick away here. Don’t want them to be coming around ‘firing’ after losing to the bottom team.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Geelong loses, they'll absolutely fire up and belt us next week. Hate to barrack for Dangerfield's mob, but I'd rather us beat them than Adelaide beat them.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would really like Cats to kick away here. Don’t want them to be coming around ‘firing’ after losing to the bottom team.
I'd like to see them have their arses handed to them on a plate by the worst performed team since Fitzroy way back when and then we can we can hand it to them again next week as well. That would be just wonderful.

Apart from Stringer and Talia (again the club was proved spot on) where are the other examples?

Players move on in every club. I'm not that bothered, half the league is made up of recycled players.

Dalrymple's move still irks me. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if Bev's insistence on Gowers was even one iota of the fractured relationship that's too much.

Nick Austin has moved on too, I guess the Carlton job was a promotion but should we have promoted him? Happy workers don't leave their employers.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brilliantly written but shocking article about Robbie Muir. Really worth a read.

Really shocking, truly is. But so was his violence. We should not accept the things he was subjected to, but nor should we accept the things that he did in retaliation.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Players move on in every club. I'm not that bothered, half the league is made up of recycled players.

Dalrymple's move still irks me. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but if Bev's insistence on Gowers was even one iota of the fractured relationship that's too much.

Nick Austin has moved on too, I guess the Carlton job was a promotion but should we have promoted him? Happy workers don't leave their employers.
The Dalrymple thing has been put to bed, it wasn't a factor and either way, Bev was right.

Happy workers leave all the time...

putting Muir in the 'too hard' basket, discouraging the mere mention of his name. They say it's out of care, that drawing attention to his battles will only make his life worse. In fact, it makes their own lives easier, avoiding an awkward confrontation of the systems of power and privilege that raised them up as Muir was pushed down.

Pretty much white Australia's relationship with our First Peoples in a nutshell

The Dalrymple thing has been put to bed, it wasn't a factor and either way, Bev was right.

Has it? I'm not being a smartarse but you seem to know more about the situation than most, care to elaborate? I might have missed something.

He was a key architect of the premierhip, I was at the AGM when Peter Gordon said a warm but muted goodbye to him. There was a strained atmosphere in the room. I guess a lot went on behind the scenes but the club owes him a lot.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has it? I'm not being a smartarse but you seem to know more about the situation than most, care to elaborate? I might have missed something.

He was a key architect of the premierhip, I was at the AGM when Peter Gordon said a warm but muted goodbye to him. There was a strained atmosphere in the room. I guess a lot went on behind the scenes but the club owes him a lot.
Someone else here has elaborated a few times. He had a strained relationship with quite a few at the club and wasnt on speaking terms with McCartney.

I don't know either of them, but l know a friend of Dalrymple... Him leaving wasnt because of Bev wanting to take Billy.

Someone else here has elaborated a few times. He had a strained relationship with quite a few at the club and wasnt on speaking terms with McCartney.

I don't know either of them, but l know a friend of Dalrymple... Him leaving wasnt because of Bev wanting to take Billy.

Fair enough, I'm drawing a long bow and might well be missing the target

Terrible story, a real wake-up call to the AFL and broader football community. St Kilda were a disgrace.
Still are.
St. Kilda have apologised and pledged to support Muir, so hopefully things pick up for him from now on:

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No prizes for guessing where Dan Butler leaned to flop like that.

If he doesn’t get punished for that it will be a disgrace. Blatant cheating.

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
St. Kilda have apologised and pledged to support Muir, so hopefully things pick up for him from now on:

That’s good to see, but sounds like there’s quite a few people who should be apologising personally to him as well. I’m not absolving anyone associated with our club if the shoe fits, but you’d hope Pies and/or their cheer squad would reach out, but given their tone-deaf president, that would be a break from their usual belligerence. Some former Saints and Cats named in the article as well, plus a few past officials of the BFL, who I hope are still around and aware of the article.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If you believe everything the club says it’s fine Apparently.

I’ve spoken to several people with far more interaction wit the club and they all say Dalrymple basically resigned on the spot and has absolute zero contact with anyone at the club now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back