No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2021, racism no longer applies to white/European people and is generally seen from a 'power dynamic' perspective, ie. anything the 'oppressed' say against the 'oppressor' is not considered racist.

Wait til the clique gets here.

good luck lol

Wait til the clique gets here.

good luck lol

Lol hopefully the pitchforks stay in the cupboard because I'm not taking a position or agreeing/disagreeing with anything. Just stating how the definition of racism has changed from 'discriminating based on skin' to something more based on perceived power dynamics.

Possible targets who played games against C'wood at Docklands. Jong, Goodes, Hill, Harbrow, Stack, Koops, Faulkner and Skinner. Stack played 1, on 6 June 2010. Koops played 1, in 2007, too long ago for Cassidy's failing memory. Faulkner played 1, 28 March 2005, even earlier. Skinner never played against C'wood. More likely are

Jong 1 game, 13/8/16
Goodes 1 game, 16/6/13
Hill 4 games, 6/6/10; 28/3/10; 30/8/09; 10/7/09
Harbrow 4 games, 6/6/10; 28/3/10; 10/7/09; 20/5/07

In the games on 10 July 2009 and 28 March 2010, both Harbrow and Hill played. On 6 June 2010, both played and Stack was in the team, too. Cassidy's impolite fellow supporter had 2 targets on 10 July 2009 and 28 March 2010 and 3 on 6 June 2010. Jong's only game, the most recent, was on a Friday evening. Statistically, more likely to have been Hill or Harbrow. I would have been at all of those games. For the record, I didn't hear any racial abuse or Cassidy effectively being told to Get Stuffed.
Were you sitting with him? Pity Cassidy didn't bring it up at the time, although it was a supporter of his beloved team. But if he had, possibly no more "privileged" seats.

You should try reading my post #2650, where I listed candidates.

Btw, how are Europeans eliminated from being subject to racial abuse?

Wikipedia: While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race does not have an inherent physical or biological meaning.

People of European (particularly southern and eastern) background have suffered 'racial' abuse for decades, include casual racism to this day.
Getting right off the track here. No one said Europeans were exempt from racial abuse. Talking about a lone campaigner at the footy, who would ONLY have been reacting to skin colour, or very obvious ethnic appearance.

what a load of crap

they have not just suddenly re-written the definition of racism to now only mean skin colour
They kind of have, actually.

Is this guy a priest? Would be pretty ironic considering the history of the church.
Ironic ? He’s in the tradition of Desmond Tutu, Rose Hudson-Wilkin, Michael Curry (Royalists’ friend), Barbara Harris, Deon Kevin Johnson. O K a bit woke but what did you expect ?

Last edited:
In 2021, racism no longer applies to white/European people and is generally seen from a 'power dynamic' perspective, ie. anything the 'oppressed' say against the 'oppressor' is not considered racist.

giphy.gif

Laurence Fox's view.

Apols, all, poor IT skills. If you cop the full extract and want to get to the point, fast forward to 1 min 30 sec where the fun starts. No harm in watching the rest of the Brit Q&A for a bit, though.

Last edited:
You should try reading my post #2650, where I listed candidates.

Btw, how are Europeans eliminated from being subject to racial abuse?

Wikipedia: While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race does not have an inherent physical or biological meaning.

People of European (particularly southern and eastern) background have suffered 'racial' abuse for decades, include casual racism to this day.
e
I did, see it, I mean. I married into a C'wood family and about 3/4 of the blokes in my year supported C'wood, Intersting insights. Post the iconic Winmar shot, I enquired and learned about the special hurt that attaches to black skinned people, particularly ours. I buy into it absolutely. The hurt that you, I think, are referring to ? my lot had it before you. Whatever the quibbles between those of us descended from the inhabitants of the western end of Eurasia, nothing compares. Dagos and Balts ? that's half plus of the blokes in my classes at School. Let them all rot along with the rest of the Micks, Taffys, Jocks and Poms in our little corner of the World.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Evening, your Majesty. Life's duller now that Trumpie's retired to Florida, eh ?

And good evening to you Mich ( hope u don’t mind me calling you Mitch ? )
I am sure we can lock horns over something !

What would you like to talk about ?

Has Biden recalled all those Trump warships floating around the South China seas yet ?

By the way I am holding you to that beer if I turn up in that MAGA hat.
they are quite cheap these days , would you like one ?

And good evening to you Mich ( hope u don’t mind me calling you Mitch ? )
I am sure we can lock horns over something !

What would you like to talk about ?

Has Biden recalled all those Trump warships floating around the South China seas yet ?

By the way I am holding you to that beer if I turn up in that MAGA hat.
they are quite cheap these days , would you like one ?
Good man, your Majesty. My shout first. Covid's been a lot of fun, annual holiday. Back to work today. You and me, keeping the economy going.

The ABC just loves a headline with the word 'Racist' in it. Taking into account the authors of the report, the recommendations made and the publisher, the headline is no surprise, few, if any, organisations, let alone professional sporting organisations, in the State, would have attracted much different headlines. As to the implied criticism of Collingwood for holding the report for a month, if Collingwood commissioned and paid for the Report, then whether and if so, to whom, it chooses to publish is up to Collingwood.
Not sure how anyone could have reported it without that word.

You don’t report bushfires without saying fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back