No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Externally this does sweet **** all to the pies

Their fans back them regardless. Their sponsors aren’t dropping the biggest club in the land. The media will still kiss their a$$es and have them on ad nauseam.

They could not come out with a zero report after Heyyyyyyy Labamba made his accusations so this is the response. Token points that blame no one while admitting they haven’t been up to scratch. They will dribble out a “new” racial policy and all will be ok.

The outside world will continue to hate them but they thrive off that so it won’t bother them.

Personally think they are being thrown under the bus in this instance. They would be no better or worse than several other clubs but as the big boy they are the easiest to smack and the PC warriors can make the biggest noise.
Could not disagree more

Could not give a s**t that they are thrown under a bus, we all should be there throwing them. Their boof head president should never have been heard a
after 2013

Last edited:
It doesn't 'trigger' me at all. It might have triggered BRWB, possibly you, too. OK, that's a flippant response. The ABC races into accusations of Racism at the drop of a hat. It did the same thing a couple of weeks ago with the Siraj accusation. No evidence of any racist abuse at all, it didn't stop Auntie, though. A less flippant response is in post 1,280 in the Non-Afl Chat thread.
This is total crap

I didn't read Stevens. If that's what he did then he's made himself appear foolish. The ABC journalist (I can't recall his/her name) had the resources and time to do a proper analysis. They just can't help themselves.
t
Exactly

To call the pies out like they are the only organisation that has these issues is laughable and then to expect any result other than what was achieved in this instance is also laughable.

No one is defending the pies but I think it’s only fair we measure every club by the same standard and I’d bet they aren’t alone in the AFL or for that matter throughout Oz.
So we should ignore racism then when we see it because it’s elsewhere?

Call it out where you see it full stop!

We know it’s everywhere including BF but it won’t go away by ignoring it or downplaying

Radio National features and interviews are brilliant, so is music, the 2 Classical Music stations on FM, all night rock n roll. On straight News it's fine, Non urban stuff, Countrywide is fine. Sports commentary is ordinarily superior to Commercials. Jim Maxwell, Kerry O'Keefe, except they lose the cream, Tim Lane, Gerald Whately. It's politics that let them down, scandalously, unethically partisan. The other departments maintain quality, no matter what the budget. It isn't the Federal Govt that's the problem, it's management.
[/QUOTE
Very rampant? Really?

Its a wonder why anyone from another country would bother coming here seeing we are just awful racist humans apparently.

No one will deny racism exists in Oz but in my experience we are no worse than other countries and that isn’t to diminish it here.

Unfortunately in melting pots like Australia with a vast mix of races you are going to have more incidents of them mixing and therefore racism can and will at time result. That isn’t an excuse or a defence itself a reality of humans.

I’m defending Australian people in general and saying we aren’t as bad as some make us out to be. I also argue the premise that only white people can and are racist in this country but I will end that there because that will cause uproar for date defending white people in anything.

Exactly, Collingwood will now be the lighting rod but they are part of society as you said so will have the same issues.

its comparable to people thinking clubs don’t have the same illicit substance problems and the wider population.

We had 20000 people at the SCG who behaved but the press was all about the 2 imaginary people that didn’t. That’s the problem. We focus on the negative traits in the media and bang on and on and on. That’s doesn’t help.
I agree it’s no worse here than anywhere else because racism and xenophobia are intrinsic parts of our darkest side of human nature

All the more reason to call it out whenever and wherever we see it and never downplay it

So many virtuous people in here that have never said a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic or derogatory comment in their lives.

Its amazing that we are such an awful nation of humans with genuinely perfect people like the ones that signal their “wokeness” in here day after day.
No like most people I have been racist in my life

i look back and regret things I said when I was young and know we all need to be brave enough to challenge ourselves

Its very simple to call out racism and it needs no qualifications

Last edited:
So we should ignore racism then when we see it because it’s elsewhere?

Call it out where you see it full stop!

We know it’s everywhere including BF but it won’t go away by ignoring it or downplaying

Coz I said downplay it didn’t I? Can you remind me where I said that?

I said to treat one organisation in the AFL as any better or worse than others in today’s society ONLY when it becomes an issue is laughable.The deserved whacking the pies are getting is most likely due to all clubs and because the others haven’t been caught yet doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

And again I will say racism is a two way street, fixing the pavement on one side of the road won’t fix the problem.

The one thing I disagree with is reversing time and judging people in the past by today’s standards.

Meanwhile, back in footy world, Ben King is looking good.

How will the Suns go this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23 x "Not Yet"
24 x "Prime Time"
2 x "Past It"

Too much obligation to play the youngsters, far too many on the list.

Assembling talent no doubt, but the return to full length games is a concern with so many young players.

And how does that compare to our list?

I think they will be the big improvers myself

And how does that compare to our list?

I think they will be the big improvers myself
12 x "Not Yet"
28 x "Prime Time"
2 x "Past It"

3 x "Not Yet" regulars last year

I won't include the comment as it may offend some.

Some of the prime time meet the age criteria, but they are not overly good or in favor at the moment.

A truly baffling take on what is clearly a joke only on Eddie and Collingwood.

‘should not be mocked’... Who do you think you are?
Hi chief detractor, hope you are well. I see the image as an iconic image of indigenous pride and as i explained associate it with Nicky Winmar, i feel having a known man who has put his foot in it (Adam Goodes situation) adopt an indigenous pose is not honoring it's intention. The purpose of this report was not to go backwards, but to provide an attempted path forward.

I will give an example of an unrelated, but equally powerful image. 1936 Olympics in Berlin Jesse Owens and Adolf Hitler just prior to the second world war, Owens won four gold medals while Hitler was full on in his quest for white supremacy. After the games Owens went home and attended a celebration of the Olympic achievement where he had to use the back entrance and freight elevator of the hotel because of the color of his skin. So which racism is worse, Hitlers of course because he lost the war, google it and enjoy reverse racism at it's best.

Who do i think i am ? Good question, i am a man whose elevator of life has no up buttons, but i can see that this issue is not confined to Eddie and the Collingwood football club even though it might make you feel better by association to think it is.

Note: Please don't superimpose Eddie on Jesse Owens. (As a young sprinter myself his running action was superb)

Please lets get back to the footy, MT.

I see the image as an iconic image of indigenous pride and as i explained associate it with Nicky Winmar,

Get a grip. This is the exact point of and the reason that particular image was used in the Maguire caricature.

Far from mocking it, the artists reinterpretation was powerfully showing the flip side of the ugliness that saw Winmars Victoria park protest and thus Ludbeys iconic image. That both images had the Collingwood fc at its centre only reinforces this narrative, a narrative that by their own admission needs addressing.

All art stands on the shoulders of giants.

Death, taxes and...

Jake Stringer was forced off the track early on Thursday and headed for scans on a lower leg issue which continues to frustrate the forward.

The 26-year-old was only beginning to return back to full fitness after an interrupted pre-season campaign, where he has shed some weight in order to spend more time in the Essendon engine room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back