No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably in part driven by salary demands. If he was after a contact the reflected his on field displays he would have interest but I suspect he’s chasing Jared Polec type money.

Yeah the Saints have hugely overpaid him over the years and he thought that he'd be just as in demand at that price.

Quick squeeze at the Saints board, general sentiment is, "important cog for the future, was hampered by a foot injury and contract is at a low base". Delusional bunch aren't they, even if he is 'only' on $550k + incentives 4 years is two years too long for someone like Billings.

Bad week for Michael Voss, with Port being utterly dissected when it mattered, and now he has been joined as a 5 times Lions b&f winner by Dayne fricken Zorko.

WTF?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he loses his current job too. Definitely a shake up coming at Port, and if Ken stays then there will be assistants losing their positions.

I think that’s Richmonds period of dominance over. They aren’t top 4 anymore. They had a good run though.

Will depend a bit on whether Dusty recovers. Losing 10kg from illness is not easy for a power athlete to recover from. Bit of a gap forming in age profile too. A lot of 30+ guns slowly building up ( not to Geelongs extent) and a lot of younger. Not a lot in between. Will be interesting. And I hope Martin recovers. He’s not in a great state at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All jokes aside will be a gun coach.

The idea that he is in line for a senior coaching appointment makes a mockery of those that loudly questioned his coaching credentials when he was with the dogs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The idea that he is in line for a senior coaching appointment makes a mockery of those that loudly questioned his coaching credentials when he was with the dogs.
I always thought it was a bit over the top. Anyone who even came close to watching Gia work would understand how great a coach he is.

I always thought it was a bit over the top. Anyone who even came close to watching Gia work would understand how great a coach he is.
A lot of the discussion was clearly carried over from the perception that he wasn't hard enough at it for some people liking during his playing days.

It was odd.

Some on here just didn’t like him as a player a therefore assumed he can’t coach. Clearly he can and there would be a good chance he’ll end up back here one day.

Jeremy Finlayson has done a medical at Port, yikes!

Everyone has opinions. Your take on Bonts leadership raised my eyebrows for example.
Difference is I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong or at least have the discussion. Many will just dig in or make an unhelpful throw away comment like "Everyone has opinions" that adds stuff all to the discussion.

We win the flag with Bont playing a crucial role I'm happy to admit he has arrived as a leader much like Cotchin before him. He's not there yet but he's certainly on his way after the last few weeks.

Still sad about poor Teague. Guy would've been better with a better system around him.
I think that would be a fair assessment of all the coaches turfed out of that place. You would think eventually people will wise up to the fact that the problem goes alot deeper then the coach. Nothing like a good scape goat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back