No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article on Foxfooty about the growing “nastiness” between Melbourne and Dogs, quotes Melbourne singing Freed from Desire a couple of hours after their win. That doesn’t bother me, it was when a few of them started singing it on the ground while our players were still around.

Article on Foxfooty about the growing “nastiness” between Melbourne and Dogs, quotes Melbourne singing Freed from Desire a couple of hours after their win. That doesn’t bother me, it was when a few of them started singing it on the ground while our players were still around.
Media trying to stir trouble imo.

I didn’t think they did it because of us, I thought maybe it was just a common thing that some groups of people did because it went “viral” on social media or something

I didn’t think they did it because of us, I thought maybe it was just a common thing that some groups of people did because it went “viral” on social media or something
Oh they clearly did it because of us. They were smartarses.
But, it's not a huge deal. Media just trying to make it one.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Storm in a teacup though, right? AFL media blowing something up out of proportion. They'd just busted a massive premiership drought in astounding fashion, if we weren't on the end of it I would've been cheering them on.

Any chat about the singing of a crappy 90s dance tune firing up the bulldogs and creating a rivalry is a little misguided, in my view. The dogs should be fired up by the complete capitulation from halfway through the third quarter and getting stomped on to the tune of 100 points from then on. That's what was unacceptable and should fire them up to do better and respond whenever they play Melbourne in the coming years, not any perceived slight in the Dees celebrations.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bit sad. I think the poor fellow has been hardly done by.......... Nah, just kidding! :D
1633579902512.gif

Toby suspension extended to 6 weeks :D

He’ll miss the first 5 rounds of 2022.

Can see the AFL setting GWS v Bulldogs in round 6, a fired up Greene and then he’ll do something for another month off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kony Abbott

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was told some insider goss on Dodoro a couple of months that may be of interest.

Apparently during trade week there is some sort of online portal that both teams submit their trades through which goes to the AFL, someone checks it to make sure both clubs have entered the same thing and then the AFL announces it. However because the portal is quite slow, when deals are done in the last hour someone from one of the clubs will just shoot the AFL an email and they make it official.

When Essendon and GWS were trading for Jye Caldwell at the end of 2020, the above process unfolded and Essendon sent through the email to the AFL which they then announced. The only problem was that Essendon entered in the deal that they wanted, not the deal GWS agreed to. GWS only found out when the AFL posted it on social media, I don't know what the exact trade ended up being but say it was Caldwell and X for X and a future 2nd, it was meant to be Caldwell and X for X and a future 1st or something.

GWS were absolutely livid, there was a 6 hour mediation session a week later and the result was the AFL just conceded they couldn't do anything about it and would make sure it couldn't happen again, McCartney told Essendon he'll never trade them another player. Looks like he was true to his word with Hill this year.

Kony Abbott

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On a separate occasion Dodoro came up to my mate's club on draft night and (with a straight face) asked if they'd trade him pick 57 and a future 3rd for pick 56

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
I was told some insider goss on Dodoro a couple of months that may be of interest.

Apparently during trade week there is some sort of online portal that both teams submit their trades through which goes to the AFL, someone checks it to make sure both clubs have entered the same thing and then the AFL announces it. However because the portal is quite slow, when deals are done in the last hour someone from one of the clubs will just shoot the AFL an email and they make it official.

When Essendon and GWS were trading for Jye Caldwell at the end of 2020, the above process unfolded and Essendon sent through the email to the AFL which they then announced. The only problem was that Essendon entered in the deal that they wanted, not the deal GWS agreed to. GWS only found out when the AFL posted it on social media, I don't know what the exact trade ended up being but say it was Caldwell and X for X and a future 2nd, it was meant to be Caldwell and X for X and a future 1st or something.

GWS were absolutely livid, there was a 6 hour mediation session a week later and the result was the AFL just conceded they couldn't do anything about it and would make sure it couldn't happen again, McCartney told Essendon he'll never trade them another player. Looks like he was true to his word with Hill this year.

GWS would surely take legal action in those circumstances and publicise Essendon’s behaviour (if in any way verifiable)

GWS would surely take legal action in those circumstances and publicise Essendon’s behaviour (if in any way verifiable)
If it happened as described then the AFL were at fault in not waiting for GWS to send in their version and checking that it matched. Even if it was a bit of deliberate gamesmanship by Dodo.

They should have said we'll put the deal on hold and give you two blokes another 3 hours (say) to sort it out. If you can't agree by then we'll call it a no trade. You want a deal? You sort it out.

It'd be typical of the AFL not to publicly concede responsibility though.

Met Brendan McCartney today while we were on our morning walk. He's running some coaching programs in Geelong schools. Matty Scarlett and Matthew Stokes are helping out and he said Scarlett is great with the kids. He said that Nathan Buckley is going to help out.

Nice to hear that things are happening outside the AFL bubble.

I said to him that Easton Wood is available now. He smiled and said Woody would be great to have on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back