No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God i miss Cyril
Hawthorn, One of the best teams in the modern era, he was the most skillful and awe inspiring footy player on that team.
He could get an entire MCG on its feet in anticipation for what he was going to do next.
F#$ken loved watching Cyril.

Fair enough footscray1973. I was tempted to have a go about Toby Greene too but I thought that discretion was the best approach under the circumstances and just couldn't help seeing him as an ex-Dogs player. Plus Jason McCartney was in the vicinity and he is a very big bloke.:rooster: :winkv1:
You're a better man than me,😂 I would have had no problems saying your franchise licence should have gone to a real Tasmanian team.
I can't help myself.

Haha. Yes, I was there too, up on level 3 with my own son who's never been much into footy but is now developing an interest.

We were just above the goals at the end where Eddie kicked that goal out of mid-air. Yes, it was a teeth-gnashing time as a 30-something veteran piled them on (in a Carlton jumper to make it worse) but we couldn't help but enjoy the wizardry and the joyous approach.

The night ended well for us anyway, so we got the best of both worlds.

I saw some news coverage of the Demons GF replay and celebration of players at the MCG today.

Seems like it went really well. Reported as 35,000 people who no doubt took home lots of merchandise, memberships and memorabilia. Lots of presents to put under the Christmas tree. Seemed like a sunny day in Melbourne too which was a bonus.

Credit to them for a well managed and presumably lucrative event. I know some will scoff here but if it couldn't be us I'm happy for the Demons and their long suffering fans (almost as long suffering as we had been before 1 October 2016). There are about 14 other clubs whose celebrations would have been a lot harder to endure.

I saw some news coverage of the Demons GF replay and celebration of players at the MCG today.

Seems like it went really well. Reported as 35,000 people who no doubt took home lots of merchandise, memberships and memorabilia. Lots of presents to put under the Christmas tree. Seemed like a sunny day in Melbourne too which was a bonus.

Credit to them for a well managed and presumably lucrative event. I know some will scoff here but if it couldn't be us I'm happy for the Demons and their long suffering fans (almost as long suffering as we had been before 1 October 2016). There are about 14 other clubs whose celebrations would have been a lot harder to endure.

Agreed

But still they can gagf 😎

Nope.

Here's hoping Melbourne keeps own drinking its own bathwater considering they are still celebrating their flag and its almost Christmas. Well and truly deserved it and belted us but they are one of the more unlikeable teams in recent memory.

Here's hoping Melbourne keeps own drinking its own bathwater considering they are still celebrating their flag and its almost Christmas. Well and truly deserved it and belted us but they are one of the more unlikeable teams in recent memory.
Just seen the footage and they were all wearing their medals too! They might wear them in round 1 at this rate (to be fair we had a few guys who did the same in 2017).

Apparently Jake Lever fainted at Dee's first running session.

Looks like the post Darren Burgess era got here even quicker than we'd hoped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is a true gentleman and a fantastic ambassador for our sport. He's a joy to watch play footy but I must admit I have never seen him flatten anyone. ;)
I thought he may be playing against kids to flatten anyone.

Don't know if it has been posted before but I came upon this clip recently and I must say I nearly teared-up. Eddie radiates joy to all footy people, but the love and hope he embodies, especially to the indigenous community, is just palpable.

Last edited:
Norf vs. Dogs from 2004 on Fox Footy right now - that game where we were down by about 40 at 3QT and came back and won with Johnno scrambling the winning goal in the last seconds.

One of the original and greatest lolnorfs, highly recommend.

Norf vs. Dogs from 2004 on Fox Footy right now - that game where we were down by about 40 at 3QT and came back and won with Johnno scrambling the winning goal in the last seconds.

Sammy Powerrrr!

At Manuka wasn’t it?
I was there … if it’s the game I’m thinking of. I think Faulkner played in it.

Yep at Manuka.

I was there too. Probably about the only highlight of the Peter Rohde “era”.
Unfortunately I was at the opposite end to Johnno when he scrambled that final goal (while lying on the ground IIRC) so I didn’t see it close up. But it was a great win because I went with some Norf fans so I had bagging rights all the way home.

Yet Hugh Greenwood turns 30 next year! No wonder he chased the cash with Norf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back