No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early call and might be an unpopular opinion but i’ll speak my piece.

Jason Horne-Francis needs to improve a hell of a lot to get to the level of hype he generates. Now I know being drafted to north he was always going to be overhyped on bigfooty because that supporter group is notorious for pumping up the tires of every single player that sets foot in Arden Street but hear me out.

He looks like a classic early developer who physically can match it with the big boys, and he’s certainly competitive. But he seems to be 75% effort 25% skill. This will hold his rating in good stead as a kid in the short term but does he have the improvement in him that less developed kids who are already outperforming him do? It would be quite astounding if physically at least he did.

Mitch Robinson for example is hard as a cats head and is a solid AFL footballer but is he as good as a player like Lachie Neale who isn’t as physical but tears teams up?

I think Daicos will be a much better footballer over the journey.

Jason Horne-Francis needs to improve a hell of a lot to get to the level of hype he generates. Now I know being drafted to north he was always going to be overhyped on bigfooty because that supporter group is notorious for pumping up the tires of every single player that sets foot in Arden Street but hear me out.

He looks like a classic early developer who physically can match it with the big boys, and he’s certainly competitive. But he seems to be 75% effort 25% skill. This will hold his rating in good stead as a kid in the short term but does he have the improvement in him that less developed kids who are already outperforming him do? It would be quite astounding if physically at least he did.

Mitch Robinson for example is hard as a cats head and is a solid AFL footballer but is he as good as a player like Lachie Neale who isn’t as physical but tears teams up?

Meanwhile the player who really should be leading the Rising Star count is Nic Martin.

At worst he reminds me of Cal Ward. Think he does have better skills though. He'll be a gun for a long time, whether he'll reach brownlow medal heights like Lachie Neale is anyone's guess.

Ollie Wines won a Brownlow last year based on grunt over skill.

Pretty slick handball from Lipinski leading to the Pies last goal. For all his faults you certainly want the ball in his hands going inside 50
Bruce said himself last year the one person you want delivering inside 50 over Bont, Macrae etc was Lipinski.

I don’t really care he’s gone but still would prefer him in this side averaging 15-20 touches in an outside role over what we’ve got

Not everyone in the side has to be a grunt inside player

Logan McDonald really adds some perspective to Jamarras performances. McDonald was coming off dominating the WAFL and everyone thought he was going to have an instant impact, Jamarra coming from much further back with no football in his draft year and yet they’ve both struggled the same at AFL level.

Swans happy to develop McDonald in a competing side though - we have to do the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back