No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What precisely makes him a better footballer? I often forget that the Saints exist so I don't really watch them much and I just checked Boyd's stats last year compared to Mccartin's this year and they're almost identical.

Having watched their games, and taking the statistics in context (I.e. With their midfield compared to ours, and their other forwards compared to our own), I believe he is a better footballer. This could change, neither are stars or look as if they will be.

Good to see Super get a mention.

Now I will wait for someone to mention Les Bamblett and my 7 year old self will be happy.

13 year old self will be happy if we start a thread on Kolynuik

How good was Wally??

Going to Whitten Oval watching Super Fos Hawk Budge and pieman.

Pinging coins at the people holding the blanket for donations.

Ahhhh great days these kids will never know

But some of us arnt fans apparently :/

On the other hand "heart" needs to be based behind some skill level.

Plenty of players have the competitive nature but simply arnt good enough.

Very true - an attribute among many. Nevertheless one that applies in conjunction with others (I.e. You can be a star without sublime foot skills, can't be a star without mental application and acuity or 'heart'). It ties the package together and takes you to the next level.

How good was Wally??

Filling cans with stones to get more money from the recycling centre.

Wally was great. Went a father son Top Dogs night in Yarraville recently. Hosted by ****, with Toby, Wally, Hunter and Libba. Was a great night. would love if these blokes won a flag together. The reunion shows would be awesome

How good was Wally??

Western Oval, best ground ever.

I cried at the last game played there against WCE. So many great memories.

What because I'm unbiased enough to like the look of McCartin more than Boyd? I'd also take Moore and Lynch before him what's your point?

My point is that you have a happy knack of finding fault in everything the club does.

Were we ever a chance of getting Moore or McCartin at the draft? No. We're we a chance of getting Lynch? No. It's a moot point.

Personally, I just think you enjoy adopting a contrary point, just for the hell of it, at times.

I'm a little frustrated with Boyd dropping marks, but I realise he's 20, was obviously taken at Pick 1 for a reason and in time he will be a very, very good player.

If you're unbiased as you say, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on the games of Jong and Hrovat on Friday night.

How good was Wally??

Some of the best moments of my childhood were in the fwd pocket to the left of the EJ whiten stand. My uncle use to give me 20c or 50c to throw in the blanket. I was there the day Hawk broke EJ's 321, loved watching the 2s play beforehand and really loved having a kick on the oval afterwards.
Billy was great. He signed my Dimmy's jumper and made me promise never to wash it. Mum never did ;)

I find the narrative around McCartin quite interesting when compared to Boyd. Paddy is a goofy looking chunky lad that seems to provide good effort and of course is on minimum wage so he goes into the good bloke, give him a chance folder.

Boyd seems aloof, has magnificent hair and gets paid a million a year so he goes into the arrogant, not trying hard enough, disappointment folder.

Both were gun juniors. The standout key forwards of their year and both are still finding their feet. Comparing the two is inane at this point due to lack of data. Of course that won't stop people from doing it.

So...the Aints wish they had taken the Bont instead of "soft" Billings, and Norf are starting to realise they might need to "move on a few old players", the Orange plastics got beaten and look like they will struggle in the heat of finals football, and the Doggies B team got over a promising Collingwood side. Not a bad weekend.

So...the Aints wish they had taken the Bont instead of "soft" Billings, and Norf are starting to realise they might need to "move on a few old players", the Orange plastics got beaten and look like they will struggle in the heat of finals football, and the Doggies B team got over a promising Collingwood side. Not a bad weekend.

Don't forget the Dees with the "best young list" and "best ever rebuild" (over 16 years) still a chance to make the 8. It's good for football.....

Getting sick of AFL media trying to invent this Dangerfield vs Martin Brownlow story. Don't think Bont did enough early in the year to get there (heresy I know) but any chance Sloane could snatch it? Hands down the best player in a top 4 team and easily my favourite non-Bulldog, but haven't seen enough of Adelaide to know how good his year's been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is that you have a happy knack of finding fault in everything the club does.

Were we ever a chance of getting Moore or McCartin at the draft? No. We're we a chance of getting Lynch? No. It's a moot point.

Personally, I just think you enjoy adopting a contrary point, just for the hell of it, at times.

I'm a little frustrated with Boyd dropping marks, but I realise he's 20, was obviously taken at Pick 1 for a reason and in time he will be a very, very good player.

If you're unbiased as you say, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on the games of Jong and Hrovat on Friday night.

Mate ive stood behind the club 100% on Boyd and the gamble we took, not a single issue with it and if it fails it fails big deal.

How you make that relevant to comparing two players NOW I don't understand and IMO McCartin looks better to me. That's my opinion and it may indeed end up being wrong. Boyd may break out but present day McCartin impresses me more

Stkilda could say the same thing re Billings-Bont.

Jongs game was ok, had a very good ten minutes but other than that an average game for a full time mid. 18 possessions doesn't really make me over joyed but with his skill set its probably good. Has minimised his mistakes so that's a huge positive but still holds play up badly at times and work rate off ball not great.

Hrovat meh. Ok not good not bad. Still don't think he can play in a good finals team with Dahl Daniel Hunter and McLean in it so he is irrelevant on our list to me.

I think the fact we are struggling to beat an average team says a fair bit about the cattle also mate. We got decimated in the midfield and Jobg And Rat were part of that.

You rang? Haha.

I'm no alt, I promise. Just a depressed North fan with some links to Footscray who happens to enjoy taking Saints fans down a peg or two.

Sorry Boris I love your work but I think you may be yanking my chain.

Like Clark Kent you can hide behind your disguise but the truth shall come out ;)

Getting sick of AFL media trying to invent this Dangerfield vs Martin Brownlow story. Don't think Bont did enough early in the year to get there (heresy I know) but any chance Sloane could snatch it? Hands down the best player in a top 4 team and easily my favourite non-Bulldog, but haven't seen enough of Adelaide to know how good his year's been.

I'm just getting sick of Dangerfield full stop. Most overexposed, overhyped player in the game.

Yes, he's a great player, but the collective gasps when he's even in the vicinity of the ball and the general smoke blowing has reached a tipping point this year.

Can you picture Bont saying yes to surfing in a suit for some Fox Footy promo? No chance, and thank God for that. Stay classy Bont.

I swear the only thing we haven't heard about Dangerfield this year is whether he prefers Weet-Bix or porridge for breakfast.

As for the Brownlow, Cooney was a smokey in his year and it wouldn't surprise if Bont gave them all a run for their money this year. I know I'll have my hard earned on him.

Looks like the Bombers have been given the all clear to actually have a crack this week with Brisbane having a two game buffer. Maybe they should have let their fans know so a few of them would turn up.

People can say whatever about the Bombers miraculously bouncing back next year, but this year has done serious damage to them.

I think it'll take them at least a few years to recover, on the field at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back