Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond fans struggle to understand its a national competition. They always wanted to boast how big there crowds were during there premiership years and that they were bigger than Collingwood. They were blinded to the fact they only got big crowds against their fellow Victorian clubs while there fans were nowhere to be seen against non-Victorian teams. Collingwood last year with there 3 crowds over 60k against us, port and Freo along with the 70k against Sydney all but showed how big the gap is between the 2. Carlton who have been terrible this century get better crowds against non-Victorian sides than Richmond.

I’m at this Richmond freo game now, damn Hayden young is a machine, he’s gonna be so bloody good. Their mids are scary

I’m at this Richmond freo game now, damn Hayden young is a machine, he’s gonna be so bloody good. Their mids are scary
It's a pity we never have draft picks to pick up someone like Hayden Young or Caleb Serong...

Freo wanted to avoid external pressure so they gave their out soon to be out of contract coach (who coached 4 years with a 50% win percentage and a finals win) only a one year extension.

We decided to avoid external pressure by giving our soon to be out of contract coach (who coached 4 years with a 33% win percantage and zero finals appearances) a two year extension after losing round 1.

Make it make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s 3 years away, but we absolutely need to move heaven and earth to bring Will Day home when his current contract expires at the end of 2027 (he’ll be a free agent). Precisely the type of mid every club needs and has “top 20 player in the comp” vibes if he can get the right mix around him.

It's time the AFL turned off the life support machine. The patient "ain't gonna make it".

With the AFL forced into agreeing on a Tasmanian team, and the presence North already have down there, all the planets are perfectly aligned.

It's about time the AFL actually did something that's "good for football".

Agreed, the AFL should do this rather than dilute the already thin talent pool even further.

But they will not want to weaken the Victorian club dominance.

They do not have what's best for the national competition, every decision is what's best for the Victorian clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back