Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and 3 for next year.

Might be hard to think of Charlie Sheen as serious.

AggressiveUnpleasantArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif

When I have memories of 2.5 men.

two-and-a-half-men-charlie-harper.gif

Then again I was accustomed to him in

BlindHelplessCreature-size_restricted.gif

One of the greatest if not greatest teen comedies of all time.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Haven't the restrictions and rules been changing almost weekly?

Who cares what they are right now. The AFL season doesn't start for 4 months. They'll probably change the rules 15 times before then
We'll probably have a brand new disease by then

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Im confident I will be better prepared for the next pandemic.

giphy.gif
Thats not a silly statement. We stumbled and bumbled our way through the initial stages of this one, and would have been in a lot more trouble if not for our island status.
If the next one is 100 years away like this one was, then most of the lessons would have been forgotten, but the 100 year rule is not absolute so you'd hope we should have learnt some lessons from this one (anti-vaxxers and pandemic deniers aside who never learn anything)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Thats not a silly statement. We stumbled and bumbled our way through the initial stages of this one, and would have been in a lot more trouble if not for our island status.
If the next one is 100 years away like this one was, then most of the lessons would have been forgotten, but the 100 year rule is not absolute so you'd hope we should have learnt some lessons from this one (anti-vaxxers and pandemic deniers aside who never learn anything)
Start stockpiling TP now

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's not really how medical/scientific history works.

it kinda is here

we had all sorts of highly detailed, scrutinised and approved plans for this sort of thing

but we through them all away instantly and started from scratch as if we knew nothing and didn’t know what to do

this is probably the strangest thing of all. We didn’t do any of the things our plans said we should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Im mean no harm

Im simply coming over to ask as Crows Members/Supporters whom have followed the club your lives
who would you rank as your top 4 Players of all time? Only reason I ask is I personally consider Goody to be elite if not one of Adelaide's best of all time

Where does he stack up. Id have Goodra at 1, Roo at 2, McLeod at 3 at Goody at 4.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Im mean no harm

Im simply coming over to ask as Crows Members/Supporters whom have followed the club your lives
who would you rank as your top 4 Players of all time? Only reason I ask is I personally consider Goody to be elite if not one of Adelaide's best of all time

Where does he stack up. Id have Goodra at 1, Roo at 2, McLeod at 3 at Goody at 4.
There’s a thread currently going on our board where people take turns to rate the players.
Goodwin is way too low in that.
Your top 3 is probably pretty close to most peoples top 3, just in a different order.
Jarman and Rehn would be next with Goodwin and a couple of others such as Hart and smart.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
There’s a thread currently going on our board where people take turns to rate the players.
Goodwin is way too low in that.
Your top 3 is probably pretty close to most peoples top 3, just in a different order.
Jarman and Rehn would be next with Goodwin and a couple of others such as Hart and smart.
Cheers , I've been redirected to it. sorry for wasting everyones time.
Defs Subbjective. Clear top 2 consensus between Roo and McLeod for obvious reasons.

Honestly Thought Goody would be higher, as if seen he was named INTERCHANGE in the team of the decade. ah well each to their own.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Cheers , I've been redirected to it. sorry for wasting everyones time.
Defs Subbjective. Clear top 2 consensus between Roo and McLeod for obvious reasons.

Honestly Thought Goody would be higher, as if seen he was named INTERCHANGE in the team of the decade. ah well each to their own.
Don’t be sorry, also don’t take that list as a true value of goody. He’s easily top 10.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Im mean no harm

Roo
McLeod
Darren Jarman
Modra

I'd have Goodwin about six just behind Dangerfield.

Roo
McLeod
Darren Jarman
Modra

I'd have Goodwin about six just behind Dangerfield.
Do you think if Macca got the Brownlow he would be 1?

Looking back and thinking about how modern day forwards struggle to kick goals, Modra really was better than even I thought he was back at the time.

Mind you, were spoilt in an era Lockett, Ablett, Dunstall, Carey.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
Do you think if Macca got the Brownlow he would be 1?

Looking back and thinking about how modern day forwards struggle to kick goals, Modra really was better than even I thought he was back at the time.

Mind you, were spoilt in an era Lockett, Ablett, Dunstall, Carey.

Was a different era where zone defense was never a thing, allowing these forwards to lead up at the footy and go one on one with their defenders.

An interesting debate for me, would be: out of Lockett, Ablett, Dunstall, Carey and Mods, which of these would thrive in the modern game?

For me, Mods was great when the ball hit the deck, but relied on getting the ball on the lead a lot, despite being remembered for taking hangers. Lockett and Dunstall would struggle I think as they were too one dimensional, and a lack of space to lead into. With Ablett and Carey, I think they would still be able to find a way to dominate in today's game.

Always interesting trying to compare eras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back