Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Impending Sackathon

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowsB4hoes

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Someone on the Port board says he’s reliably informed that the players have stopped listening to Ken. The bounce from round 6 has come from personal pride and talent but there’s not enough of a proper game plan to maximize it

Would not be surprised if true
Complete nonsense. The players love Hinkley. It’s a big reason why Port won’t sack him. They know they’ll piss off the playing group.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port get the double whammy. A draft pick that doesnt assist them in a rebuild and Kern for another year.
And i know its early, but some on their board are spruiking a forming best 8 kids in the draft this year and it drops a level after that. So they can miss the 1st band and get that next tier (caveat being its early days re nationals etc)

Crow_68

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Port are the masters of selling false hope, both off-field and on-field.

Fortunately for the people in power, the masses are not smart enough to see through it.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its like how many people will say Nicks is doing a good job by our brave loss to Melbourne.

It was Ports grand final. It wouldn't surprise me if Port drop away on the effort levels now. Or they will keep going until they get the loss that mathematically kills their season. Personally I hope they fight all the way to 9th. But they wont, I predict they will start putting in some kids. Gray needs to retire. He is cooked.
Totally different, we were in the game except for the first and last 5 minutes when they kicked 6 goals in total. Even with the poor 3rd quarter we were in the game up until 10 minutes when Jones had that poor 5 minute which cost us 2 goals. Port Power weren't in the game except for the 1st 10 minutes when they kicked the first 3 goals and the last quarter and weren't in the game for the rest. Fremantle simply switched off at the start of the game and the last when they got 40 points in front.

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
Complete nonsense. The players love Hinkley. It’s a big reason why Port won’t sack him. They know they’ll piss off the playing group.

Players can love a coach but also feel he may not be able to take them to the promised land. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element who want a change but obviously still play for him.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez North are losing by an average of 10 goals each week, with no obvious improvement in sight

Surely a coach can’t survive that

Sanders

Horne of plenty
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I find amazing about his career was the amount of times he changed club as a player and as a coach.
Back in those days, loyalty to a club was a big thing.
I reckon it would have taken a lot of courage to do that back then. It was widely frowned upon changing clubs.

Didn’t stop Jack Cahill dumping South to go to Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GROTTO

TheBrownDog
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like the neighbours wont be dropping by this week for a cuppa.

Funny that.

relapse

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I'm going to this weeks game at Docklands.
I'm really HOPING to see a "live" win.
I can't actually remember the last time that happened.
I'll be there too

The last win I saw in Melbourne was the 1998 premiership :oops:

I was at the 2017 draw against Collingwood, but that's the closest thing to a win in 25 years

Gtowncrow

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'll be there too

The last win I saw in Melbourne was the 1998 premiership :oops:

I was at the 2017 draw against Collingwood, but that's the closest thing to a win in 25 years
Wins have been pretty scarce in Victoria for a while now. I missed the Ballarat game earlier this year. Might have missed my chance!

Edit. 1998!!!!
Now I'm especially hoping we win.

ringo200

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rohan, Naitanui and JPK
Georgiades is amazing when the ball is in the air but gee he doesn't know what to do when he gets it in general play

Remove this Banner Ad