Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the Port board says he’s reliably informed that the players have stopped listening to Ken. The bounce from round 6 has come from personal pride and talent but there’s not enough of a proper game plan to maximize it

Would not be surprised if true
Complete nonsense. The players love Hinkley. It’s a big reason why Port won’t sack him. They know they’ll piss off the playing group.

Port get the double whammy. A draft pick that doesnt assist them in a rebuild and Kern for another year.
And i know its early, but some on their board are spruiking a forming best 8 kids in the draft this year and it drops a level after that. So they can miss the 1st band and get that next tier (caveat being its early days re nationals etc)

Port are the masters of selling false hope, both off-field and on-field.

Fortunately for the people in power, the masses are not smart enough to see through it.

Its like how many people will say Nicks is doing a good job by our brave loss to Melbourne.

It was Ports grand final. It wouldn't surprise me if Port drop away on the effort levels now. Or they will keep going until they get the loss that mathematically kills their season. Personally I hope they fight all the way to 9th. But they wont, I predict they will start putting in some kids. Gray needs to retire. He is cooked.
Totally different, we were in the game except for the first and last 5 minutes when they kicked 6 goals in total. Even with the poor 3rd quarter we were in the game up until 10 minutes when Jones had that poor 5 minute which cost us 2 goals. Port Power weren't in the game except for the 1st 10 minutes when they kicked the first 3 goals and the last quarter and weren't in the game for the rest. Fremantle simply switched off at the start of the game and the last when they got 40 points in front.

Complete nonsense. The players love Hinkley. It’s a big reason why Port won’t sack him. They know they’ll piss off the playing group.

Players can love a coach but also feel he may not be able to take them to the promised land. It wouldn't surprise me if there was an element who want a change but obviously still play for him.

Geez North are losing by an average of 10 goals each week, with no obvious improvement in sight

Surely a coach can’t survive that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to this weeks game at Docklands.
I'm really HOPING to see a "live" win.
I can't actually remember the last time that happened.
I'll be there too

The last win I saw in Melbourne was the 1998 premiership :oops:

I was at the 2017 draw against Collingwood, but that's the closest thing to a win in 25 years

I'll be there too

The last win I saw in Melbourne was the 1998 premiership :oops:

I was at the 2017 draw against Collingwood, but that's the closest thing to a win in 25 years
Wins have been pretty scarce in Victoria for a while now. I missed the Ballarat game earlier this year. Might have missed my chance!

Edit. 1998!!!!
Now I'm especially hoping we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back