Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely cracking move by the club to get rid of Stengle and then he heads to Geelong and is banging goals in for them.

It's just a quintessential over the top reactionary move by the club. Lot of posters on here me included, said it would come back to bite us.
We'll be able to watch first hand next week

Absolutely cracking move by the club to get rid of Stengle and then he heads to Geelong and is banging goals in for them.

It's just a quintessential over the top reactionary move by the club. Lot of posters on here me included, said it would come back to bite us.
You seem to forget he already had a strike from the club with his DUI infringement and this was his 2nd offense within 12 months period so was given a warning by the club and decided to do it again, if you were an employer and this happened to one of your employee wouldn't you sack them? Had he didn't have the first strike, he probably would have had a few games suspensions like what was handed to B.Crouch by the AFL and given his first warning by the club.

The back story is that Adelaide were happy to keep Stengle for that third year of his contract on the proviso that he play SANFL for the year. The club would then look at offering another contract if behavioural standards were met. He wasn’t interested per se as he thought he should be playing AFL and both parties negotiated a settlement.
In other words Adelaide wanted to keep him but wanted their requirements met.

You seem to forget he already had a strike from the club with his DUI infringement and this was his 2nd offense within 12 months period so was given a warning by the club and decided to do it again, if you were an employer and this happened to one of your employee wouldn't you sack them? Had he didn't have the first strike, he probably would have had a few games suspensions like what was handed to B.Crouch by the AFL and given his first warning by the club.

If it's not impacting performance, no.

The back story is that Adelaide were happy to keep Stengle for that third year of his contract on the proviso that he play SANFL for the year. The club would then look at offering another contract if behavioural standards were met. He wasn’t interested per se as he thought he should be playing AFL and both parties negotiated a settlement.

An agreement that the player should do rehab throughout the year and if that was adhered to - play AFL would have been far less extreme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's embarrassing, not even a free in Auskick. If that ump doesn't get dropped and that gets condoned by the AFL, I am done.
AFL will confirm it was the correct decision and will send a video to all 18 clubs of other similar incidences which weren't paid over the weekend, and let them know they are all on notice.

Dusty Martin moving to a non-Vic club makes a lot of sense

He gets a break away from Vic media (though will still attract attention), the new club gets instant firepower - imagine GWS with Dusty and Clarko 😳 - and Richmond would get significant trade/draft capital back

Imagine having that kind of asset to trade and he’s willing to go

Has any player ever done that before?

I don't think this is true. My memory tells me there were only a few of us that rated Stengle in the first place and not too many cared if he got the boot after that incident.

Blah blah basic blah

You might want to say that last sentence out loud a few times to get a sense for how ridiculous it sounds

Maybe the realisation of it being his 3rd club and an SANFL season made him think he better be more professional at Geelong?

He wasn't banging the door down for selection here.

I am happy for him. Won't waste his talent. But it took us delisting him to get there.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back