Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting who Dunkley picks, his mrs is playing here but she’s from Brisbane.

Play for Brisbane and be on the edge of winning a flag or Port who struggle to beat top 8 teams, have ageing players and are likely to go through a coaching change.

If the money is comparable surely you’d choose Brisbane.

Will be interesting who Dunkley picks, his mrs is playing here but she’s from Brisbane.

Play for Brisbane and be on the edge of winning a flag or Port who struggle to beat top 8 teams, have ageing players and are likely to go through a coaching change.

The delay suggests he is waiting for Brissie to finish up their finals campaign.

Every chance his Mrs moves back to Brisbane in the next year or two, so if he is looking at being together long-term, Lions it is.

Destination Club?

So if they don’t get Dunkley and Grundy, what is the new missing piece to sell to its members?

Hadn’t noticed but the Power haven’t won a “do or die” final since 2014.

Mind you our last win in a “do or die final” was 2016.
2017 Prelim vs Cats.

I wonder when they'll make a call on Tassie.

I thought I'd read it was this year. I assume post GF to get clicks?
I guess when the AFL have rustled up the necessary Club votes .....all very political ....as is the actual need for an AFL team in Tasmania, the new retirement village of Australia

Interesting fact ....how many other AFL clubs have required “guaranteed” Govt funding to get a Club off the ground ? ......all that is happening is we're creating yet another North Melbourne type Club

Elite sport should & is, about improving the spectacle and standard .....by only having the elite of that sport at the highest level ....the pyramid principle

The AFL continues to defy that principle, by adding more clubs (GWS, GC ect) and spreading the talent, ever thinner .....the AFL did the same with AFLW ....crazy stuff adding more clubs so quickly, already it's clear the the football public are laughing at the AFLW standard this year .....a situation created by the AFL for political appeasement

I guess when the AFL have rustled up the necessary Club votes .....all very political ....as is the actual need for an AFL team in Tasmania, the new retirement village of Australia

Interesting fact ....how many other AFL clubs have required “guaranteed” Govt funding to get a Club off the ground ? ......all that is happening is we're creating yet another North Melbourne type Club

Elite sport should & is, about improving the spectacle and standard .....by only having the elite of that sport at the highest level ....the pyramid principle

The AFL continues to defy that principle, by adding more clubs (GWS, GC ect) and spreading the talent, ever thinner .....the AFL did the same with AFLW ....crazy stuff adding more clubs so quickly, already it's clear the the football public are laughing at the AFLW standard this year .....a situation created by the AFL for political appeasement
I'm not concerned about the Govt guarantee at start up, if it's there in 20 years then maybe

But the AFL is very loose with the term elite, we see that with North, Saints and WB still 3 clubs, umpire standards, goal review standards, VFL bias.

Tassie improves the offering to me, Tassie will grow quicker than North

So if they don’t get Dunkley and Grundy, what is the new missing piece to sell to its members?

Junior "Show me the Money" Rioli.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your point about the AFLW might be true for this year, but there is a HUGE swell of numbers coming through in the next few years, that have all now grown up playing footy. These players need somewhere to play. The standard is going to rise very quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Port significantly bump up their offer at the 11th hour much like what they did with Motlop to get it over the line.

It's all PR smoke and mirrors, so after losing Dawson and Rankine choosing up they'll be desperate to secure Dunkley as a "win" for them. They also know they can over pay and Kane and Rucci will pretend that Port are paying significantly less than they actually are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Junior "Show me the Money" Rioli.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't wait for the Port supporters to claim, "he's better than Rankine"

Much like they claimed that "Brett Eddy was better than Eddie Betts" and "Brad Ebert was better than Dangerfield"

I can't wait for the Port supporters to claim, "he's better than Rankine"

Much like they claimed that "Brett Eddy was better than Eddie Betts" and "Brad Ebert was better than Dangerfield"
Did Port supporters really try claim state league footballer Brett Eddy was better than Betts? Wow

Did Port supporters really try claim state league footballer Brett Eddy was better than Betts? Wow

When they first got him, they were making all types of ridiculous claims like "we've got the real Eddy" and also they were fapping on about how they were going to be chanting "Eeeddyyyy" after his goals.

It was pretty embarrassing stuff

I wouldn't be surprised if Port significantly bump up their offer at the 11th hour much like what they did with Motlop to get it over the line.

It's all PR smoke and mirrors, so after losing Dawson and Rankine choosing up they'll be desperate to secure Dunkley as a "win" for them. They also know they can over pay and Kane and Rucci will pretend that Port are paying significantly less than they actually are.
If Port dont get Dunkley, Rioli could easily command another $50k per year just on the fact that the Power need a recruiting win this trade period.

Rioli

Matt Crouch?

So Luke Jackson to freo apparently on the cards.

Rankine to the Crows is relegated in importance, does that make it more likely to be done quickly or at the end once the bigger trades are done.

Rankine to the Crows is relegated in importance, does that make it more likely to be done quickly or at the end once the bigger trades are done.
Doubt it makes a difference given different clubs are involved.

Bruhn trade more of an issue given GWS already will be busy with Taranto & Hopper.

Depends on whether we are looking to another club to split our pick 5.

Your point about the AFLW might be true for this year, but there is a HUGE swell of numbers coming through in the next few years, that have all now grown up playing footy. These players need somewhere to play. The standard is going to rise very quickly.
Lets hope the AFL hasn't burn't the image of the AFLW by then ......IMO, should have kept the Comp at 14, pay the players well .....and have the next league down benefit from all the footballers coming thru

But making it an 18 team comp .....when concurrently, players want to be paid FT ....simply made no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back