Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squiggle has Port finishing 12th - a game & % out of the finals... the same gap they are at present.

They need to make up 2 games on other sides in the last 8 games... which is unlikely as they need to win 7/8 games remaining which is very unlikely.
Ive always felt that they would need to win the Showdown to make the 8.

Realistically they have 2 games in which they can pencil in as wins, Giants and Dons at home.

Dont worry, I expect the neighbours to pop in during the week, Im sure they will let you know their chances.

Squiggle has Port finishing 12th - a game & % out of the finals... the same gap they are at present.

They need to make up 2 games on other sides in the last 8 games... which is unlikely as they need to win 7/8 games remaining which is very unlikely.

They need to win 6 of 8 I reckon.

The other issue they have is they still have Melbourne (A), Geelong (H), Fremantle (A), Richmond (H), Collingwood (A) to play.

They still have us in the last round, Essendon (A) and GWS (H).

We have still outscored Port so far this year which I find incredible given our lack of forward fluency.

Ive always felt that they would need to win the Showdown to make the 8.

Realistically they have 2 games in which they can pencil in as wins, Giants and Dons at home.

Dont worry, I expect the neighbours to pop in during the week, Im sure they will let you know their chances.

Dons is at Marvel which the Dons play quite well.

If they are in the 8 by the end of round 21 they will stay in.

Dew is lucky to get an extension in my opinion. I get team has improved but they still look like missing the top 8 which is significant given their talent. Says alot about the clubs expectations.

For Port to make the 8 they will need to win all of their home games (2 of which are against Richmond and Geelong) and then two away games, they play Freo, Melb, Essendon and Collingwood away.

I reckon they'll go 4 and 4 in the run home and finish around 10th.

For Port to make the 8 they will need to win all of their home games (2 of which are against Richmond and Geelong) and then two away games, they play Freo, Melb, Essendon and Collingwood away.

I reckon they'll go 4 and 4 in the run home and finish around 10th.
I've got them 5-3 for the rest of the season finishing 12-10 overall, which won't be enough to make it. I have them winning all of their home games plus Essendon away but losing to Freo, Melbourne and Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put those 6 in and replace our worst 6.

We probably make the 8.
Literally what we did for 20 years and what everyone in here didn't want us to do again. We can't complain that we are bottoming out when that's what everyone wanted

So Karl Amon is outta there. Wonder if he’ll end up at st Kilda or Carlton ? Probably get a contract similar to BCrouch so 2nd round pick

Literally what we did for 20 years and what everyone in here didn't want us to do again. We can't complain that we are bottoming out when that's what everyone wanted

No, you bottom out by getting rid of your over 30s and rebuild at the draft and trade table while keeping your quality younger players and pushing out the list cloggers.

What we did was get rid of some over 30s, give stupid contracts to others and get rid of our quality younger players.

No, you bottom out by getting rid of your over 30s and rebuild at the draft and trade table while keeping your quality younger players and pushing out the list cloggers.

What we did was get rid of some over 30s, give stupid contracts to others and get rid of our quality younger players.
The players mentioned are not younger players that we got rid of. They were either older players or players that asked to leave but would have otherwise kept.
Sure we could've kept the older guys maybe finished 6-10th the last few years, but would be even further from a flag than we are now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back